Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2015

I rather lower my expectations too. The rumors of the increased offerings last year made for a huge bummer when we got the same or less.

The only real differences every year is the theme, other than that it's 1 or 2 new houses and maybe a new street experience. They need a lot more to gain actual excitement

So they way it works withe reusing houses is it good enough to be worth going to every few years? I have never been to HoS, so are the houses good enough that for a first timer it would be worthwhile?

So they way it works withe reusing houses is it good enough to be worth going to every few years? I have never been to HoS, so are the houses good enough that for a first timer it would be worthwhile?

At least two or three of the houses are stellar enough that I'm very happy to see them for multiple years, such as Death Water Bayou. I think I might actually prefer a mixture of old and new houses like HOS does, I honestly would have loved to see houses like Gothic, Winter's Night, and/or Nightingales stick around for a few years at HHN.

I go every 2-4 years. Basically a completely new house line up by then and well worth the time to go

I go every year and enjoy it every year (with the exception of two years)...I've been going since 2000 when it started...The repeat houses normally change or are improved on from the previous year (at least they were, no telling this year what will happen)...plus there is no way you will remember every scare location..The stinkers are normally removed for something better..The streets are always very random and you can never expect when a horde is going to sneak up on you...plus the theme changes every year

In other words, the event changes every year while some of your favorite stuff returns..

I am considering a trip down (from NY) in October specifically for HHN, would be my first time experiencing it, should I build time in for HOS as well? Is it worth the time and $$?

I am considering a trip down (from NY) in October specifically for HHN, would be my first time experiencing it, should I build time in for HOS as well? Is it worth the time and $$?
Yes..you will have a good time..I recomend doing the Fright Feast package..you and your party will get to experience the houses early, and potentially do one BY YOURSELF!!

Remember though:
- HOS has less budget
- Less Houses
- Hour and a Half from O-Town

But it is:
- Better priced
- More intimate
- Less Crowded
- Better Scares (IMO)

He didn't leave, he was fired...The park's financial issues have started to bleed into staff..

In my opinion it was a huge mistake..."Let's fire the guy that manages our two most successful events"...logic

Blackstone has a black heart. Heh, that could be an appropriate house for Howl O Scream. Lots of possibilities, like a sinking ship for the set.