Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Wet 'n Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Uni buys that land, i'd think they would knock the DT down and start over.

Depends. The Silver Screen hotel more or less was the exact setup of the Double Tree. They could add that theme and refurbish the rooms for a lot cheaper than building new, and would give them a large number of rooms very quickly.

Either way, I don't think WNW is a viable option for Uni-style resorts.

What do you see?

I don't know. With the recent expansions they've lost nearly all their construction staging areas. I'm sure there's offices that could be put there. Maybe TM parking with shuttles to take TMs back and forth.

The area just doesn't seem right for a resort. The surroundings are ugly. You don't want people showing up for a vacation there, IMO. It sets a bad first example.

I don't know. With the recent expansions they've lost nearly all their construction staging areas. I'm sure there's offices that could be put there. Maybe TM parking with shuttles to take TMs back and forth.

The area just doesn't seem right for a resort. The surroundings are ugly. You don't want people showing up for a vacation there, IMO. It sets a bad first example.
I agree with you as far as surrounding areas. If UNI ops not to buy the surrounding areas, could the be the WNW location be the relocating of offices and or other equipment storage to make more room in current theme parks instead of building a third gate? Hire more Uni Creative to get things kicked off for every ounce of space in Orlando and Hollywood as well as any other new UNI resort coming to other parts of the world?

Sounds fun and but, theoretically, what happens when its park close and you have a 1,000 rooms worth of people waiting for a ride back to the resort? That would be a lot of limos :lol:

You are right although Bur el Arab has indeed many many limo's for their guests but it would be a problem so why not use a cableway to connect it to Saphire Bay and from there they could take a boat.
610-photo-5220a7d90e6e4c38d98db666a25a4593.jpg

I don't know that you waste I-Drive fronting real estate on office space or parking. Even with the slightly run-down surroundings--easily fixed, btw, just go south 10 blocks to see an example of how--it's still I-freakin'-Drive. A tourist mecca with tons of daily passers-by.

Even though they've allowed Wet n Wild to go to ****, never lose sight of the fact that water park lasted almost 40 years. And it still draws a crowd on hot days. There is plenty of money to be made from that location. Move the offices up Turkey Lake or to Metro West.

I don't know that you waste I-Drive fronting real estate on office space or parking. Even with the slightly run-down surroundings--easily fixed, btw, just go south 10 blocks to see an example of how--it's still I-freakin'-Drive. A tourist mecca with tons of daily passers-by.

Even though they've allowed Wet n Wild to go to ****, never lose sight of the fact that water park lasted almost 40 years. And it still draws a crowd on hot days. There is plenty of money to be made from that location. Move the offices up Turkey Lake or to Metro West.

While Wet N Wild is definitely not on par with Disneys waterparks or Aquatica, they definitely haven't let it go to crap. Universal has spent tons on this park for years. It actually is in better shape than it was even ten years ago. They added Brain Wash, Aqua Drag Racer, Disco H2O, completely remodeled the Wavepool, the Lazy river, the Black Hole, the Blast, and even the kids play area. On top of that, they have done numerous other asthetic upgrades...it just doesn't help that the location of the park isn't the best, and the clientele also brings it down.

They could keep the water park add 2 large hotels and make the park exclusive to the hotels. That would be a pretty spectacular hotel pool.
While that sounds great, I HIGHLY doubt Comcast would think it worth it to continue to staff and operate an ENTIRE PARK - just for a few hotels, basically to use as their pool.

They'd make more money by continuing to operate as is unless the hotels were insanely expensive.

They could keep the water park add 2 large hotels and make the park exclusive to the hotels. That would be a pretty spectacular hotel pool.
I am hoping they keep Wet N Wild.
If not Wet N Wild, that lake. There is a reason many people have built a hotel around that lake.
That lake is going to play a major major role if Wet N Wild does in fact leave. I still take my bet on the two Mega Resorts.

I am hoping they keep Wet N Wild.
If not Wet N Wild, that lake. There is a reason many people have built a hotel around that lake.
That lake is going to play a major major role if Wet N Wild does in fact leave. I still take my bet on the two Mega Resorts.

Universal doesn't have control of the entire lake, only water rights to the portion included in its property. The Westgate across from it has a portion, as do a few other of the businesses around it.

You are right although Bur el Arab has indeed many many limo's for their guests but it would be a problem so why not use a cableway to connect it to Saphire Bay and from there they could take a boat.
610-photo-5220a7d90e6e4c38d98db666a25a4593.jpg
I think that is a great option to get folks from the parking garages to the new water park.

Haven't wet and wild just built a brand new slide? Seemed like a car themed racing type slide.... Would they do this if it was going anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.