Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 25: The Walking Dead: The Living and the Dead

That's the subtitle of the house? Man that's terrible :lol: This is my least anticipated house this year solely because Season 5 didn't offer much that would translate into a house.

Dissapointed. Not only in the announcement but in the creative team. I know it makes money, I know it's mostly marketing and I know we are in the minority. But this has been the biggest outcry in the history of horror nights, everybody say it with me "no more walking dead". It's not only said by countless users on many forums but reviewers of this event (big websites like ITM and TPI) say it too. I'm not gonna deny, we are getting a TON of fan service this year, jack is back, Freddy vs jason the list is going on and on. But this is just a slap in the face to us, the fans. Oh and for those who say "it's not gonna be that big of a deal, jacks gonna be headlining", just wait until the giftshops are 50% TWD. Rant over

It is what it is.

MoneyTalks-main_Full.jpg

Looks like they'll be using the flooded food bank scene: 'Walking Dead' returns to Horror Nights

At Universal Orlando Resort, the maze will be titled "The Walking Dead: The Living and the Dead" and will place visitors in a famed scene from Season 5 — the flooded food bank scene where "they'll be surrounded by hundreds of gallons of water as flesh-hungry walkers attack," according to the release.

I really don't know how they could adapt that.

Really liked last years house and have thought each years house was better from the previous years. My concern is there isn't a whole lot of content for them to use this year. I do think the flooded food bank concept sounds pretty cool. While I am a big WD fan, based on the rumored list, this will be the least anticipated house for me (which shows how strong the line up is this year)

This is just a direct slap to face for all of us that said that The Walking Dead was going out on a high note. But now that they're bringing it back the creative team needs a new set of fresh people in it cause I frankly doubt they took the criticism at all when thinking about bring back TWD. They could of went with a video game property which would of been a better choice. Even though Jake is back this is gong bring the attendance down by a good chunk cause of this dumb-ass decision.

I would seriously doubt this will cause a decrease in attendance. In fact, it will probably be a factor that increases attendance. When talking about attendance you really need to look how the general public will perceive something. And, this is really, bottom line, just a part of the entire HHN package. I can understand that some are exhausted by the WD but you can always skip that house if you feel so strongly. That will only help decrease the lines for what will ultimately be one of the longest house lines at HHN.

I would seriously doubt this will cause a decrease in attendance. In fact, it will probably be a factor that increases attendance. When talking about attendance you really need to look how the general public will perceive something. And, this is really, bottom line, just a part of the entire HHN package. I can understand that some are exhausted by the WD but you can always skip that house if you feel so strongly. That will only help decrease the lines for what will ultimately be one of the longest house lines at HHN.

I wonder though if the continued use TWD is the reason for increased attendance instead of just natural increase due to notoriety of event now. This year already seemed like it was going attract crazy crowds before TWD was officially announced. I'd argue we've seen it's continued usage because of merch more so than impact on attendance of event.

I don't think it's just walking dead that's increasing attendance. This year it's probably gonna be Jack, FvJ and insidious leading the pack (probably scream too if it happens). This will only just help it. Also "you can always skip the house" is a lame excuse. I should want to see all the houses, I should be looking forward to them. I'm gonna go through it no matter what IP it is, it's just lame that this one is an uncurable disease

I wonder though if the continued use TWD is the reason for increased attendance instead of just natural increase due to notoriety of event now. This year already seemed like it was going attract crazy crowds before TWD was officially announced. I'd argue we've seen it's continued usage because of merch more so than impact on attendance of event.
I would basically agree with that. But I think WD "partly" contributes to the increase but is definitely not the sole cause of the increase. And merch sales are evidently huge which helps to increase the budget for the entire event.

I would basically agree with that. But I think WD "partly" contributes to the increase but is definitely not the sole cause of the increase. And merch sales are evidently huge which helps to increase the budget for the entire event.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying The Walking Dead didn't play a part on making HHN bigger, just wondering after HHN 22 if it had same impact.

I don't think it's just walking dead that's increasing attendance. This year it's probably gonna be Jack, FvJ and insidious leading the pack (probably scream too if it happens). This will only just help it. Also "you can always skip the house" is a lame excuse. I should want to see all the houses, I should be looking forward to them. I'm gonna go through it no matter what IP it is, it's just lame that this one is an uncurable disease
Peoples preferences and likes are so varied that it would be pretty tough to field a line up that everyone concerned wants to see. I could understand all the hate if the lines for WD were short, but they're just the opposite. Usually I agree with you Cole, but on this one I think the hardcore fans are being a bit too sensitive & out of touch with the feelings of the GP. Heh, lots of good houses, there will always be a few houses that some people don't want to see. The poster that said, "this is gong(sic) to bring the attendance down by a good chunk cause of this dumb-ass decision" is being very unrealistic. I think if you bet against that thought it would be a truly sucker bet.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying The Walking Dead didn't play a part on making HHN bigger, just wondering after HHN 22 if it had same impact.
Again I agree with you. The factor it had in increasing attendance probably reached it's apex in the first two years and has decreased since then. But, its still a factor in helping attendance. It will surely not decrease attendance at this stage as the Man In The MOLLEVest screamed out.

People do know that Creative has no choice in bringing this back, right?
I know. Still doesn't make it any less any less of a slap in the face since the boss most likely knows the response from fans and critics aswell. Probably even a bigger slap in the face becahse A&D is sick of doing it too