Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 25: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

when anybody hears what tours are what houses please let us know!!! can only afford one this year and want to make sure i choose the one i rather see!!!! thanks!!!

I love halloween horror nights but I find it ridiculous how expensive these tickets/express are. I went last year and while the houses were great, the wait times were horribly long. I didn't pay for express but I went on a Saturday in September so I thought I didn't need it. I'm doing the math now and it would cost me $170 to go again with express. I don't think I will be going this year. I feel like this event attracts too many people for universal to properly handle. It's not fair having people waiting more than 40 min for a house that lasts 5 min or less to go through and charge them an arm and a leg.

Are you saying it takes 40 min to go through a house with Express? I don't.. think I've ever had to wait that long with Express.

I love halloween horror nights but I find it ridiculous how expensive these tickets/express are. I went last year and while the houses were great, the wait times were horribly long. I didn't pay for express but I went on a Saturday in September so I thought I didn't need it. I'm doing the math now and it would cost me $170 to go again with express. I don't think I will be going this year. I feel like this event attracts too many people for universal to properly handle. It's not fair having people waiting more than 40 min for a house that lasts 5 min or less to go through and charge them an arm and a leg.

I'm just throwing it out there, but you do realize you can wait 120 min for rides that last 5 min or less as well, right?

Are you saying it takes 40 min to go through a house with Express? I don't.. think I've ever had to wait that long with Express.

No, I said having to wait 40+ minutes (which wait times are usually way more than that) for each house and charging them $80 is ridiculous. I understand express has to be expensive for it to work but I shouldn't have to pay extra to be able to enjoy the event.

I'm just throwing it out there, but you do realize you can wait 120 min for rides that last 5 min or less as well, right?

I do but that is usually only when a ride is newly opened. Also, there is usually only one or two rides with crazy wait times, however, all the houses during horror nights have absurd wait times.

I do but that is usually only when a ride is newly opened. Also, there is usually only one or two rides with crazy wait times, however, all the houses during horror nights have absurd wait times.

Well I mean technically the houses are "new rides" that are only open for a month. So yeah everyone wants to experience them.

The only way to decrease wait times is to raise ticket prices or have people get universally disgusted with wait times and not come. The former option is going to be the preferred method because the latter just spreads a lot of negative word of mouth.

It's a classic supply & demand issue. There are only two solutions increase supply or reduce demand. Honestly I think they have created a good balance. They've increased the number of houses, this should have a minimal effect. Instead of just raising the admission price they offer the express pass. Those who are willing can pay the extra fee to avoid the long lines while they don't have to drastically increase the price of the base admission. Also for anyone one looking for a more reasonable experience you just need to go on a off night you get a better deal on the ticket and the waits aren't as bad.

No, I said having to wait 40+ minutes (which wait times are usually way more than that) for each house and charging them $80 is ridiculous. I understand express has to be expensive for it to work but I shouldn't have to pay extra to be able to enjoy the event.

You could pay $100 to get into Universal and just sit on a bench. What you do once you get inside depends on you. I've done HHN multiple times with Express and without Express and managed to get every single house done either way.

UTH or express for Rush of fear? Cant afford both.lol

I love UTH but also have reached my breaking point with waiting in line....soooo yeah its hard choice..just figured i get a poll!!! :cheers:

I decided to go with express this year. With as many times as I go I think it will more than make up for the cost of it and I will be able to experience more of the event. I hate missing houses some nights because the lines were too long. THe only way I got to do walking dead last year was if I waiting til about 15 minutes before they closed and got in line.

I've got the frequent fear + express option as there is no way I'm flying 5,000+ miles and not doing it all (over and over)!

My only other visit was 1 night in 2012, we had the fast pass for that one night and it was well worth it. Had we not had it we would have missed at least 3 houses due to the long wait times. TWD was almost a 3 hour wait in the regular line.

Not sure if everyone knew it but Hatetofly asked Universal if you could update a ROF to FFP. Universal's answer was yes if only the ticket has not been used. Plan accordingly folks!

Not sure if everyone knew it but Hatetofly asked Universal if you could update a ROF to FFP. Universal's answer was yes if only the ticket has not been used. Plan accordingly folks!

You CAN upgrade Rush of Fear according to guest services IF you dont use it on any nights a Frequent Fear person would be unable to go. Meaning you can upgrade it as long as you dont use it on September 25, 26 and October 2, 3.

There seems to be a lot of mixed messages coming from Universal's social team. Seth Kubersky asked about using the premier pass ticket for someone else and was told no. I sent an email asking about upgrading the FFP+ to express and they said they "recommend" that I upgrade it before I use it the first time.

There seems to be a lot of mixed messages coming from Universal's social team. Seth Kubersky asked about using the premier pass ticket for someone else and was told no. I sent an email asking about upgrading the FFP+ to express and they said they "recommend" that I upgrade it before I use it the first time.
When i talked to guest services (as i posted on twitter) they said there was a meeting about it today. I didnt figure the social media people had any idea what was going on lol