Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

An American Werewolf in London

they said "expanded the werwolf pack" on the blog.. do you think they will be adding more wolves to the maze this year?
Probably, more scenes will probably lead to more wolves. Question is, where could you add them? In my opinion the original orlando house had the perfect amount of scenes and timing. The hollywood house just seemed to drag on by adding more rooms and other unnesisary things. Yeah it told a more complete story but it was just done better in orlando. Will adding more wolves kill the timing and overall feel of the original house? I guess we will find out but I really hope not

Probably, more scenes will probably lead to more wolves. Question is, where could you add them? In my opinion the original orlando house had the perfect amount of scenes and timing. The hollywood house just seemed to drag on by adding more rooms and other unnesisary things. Yeah it told a more complete story but it was just done better in orlando. Will adding more wolves kill the timing and overall feel of the original house? I guess we will find out but I really hope not
Looking at POVs, the final scene could use another wolf. The forest might be able to add another wolf.

I know we are all happy and we are excited, but it makes me wonder if this will set a precedent to bring houses exactly like they were before. not just getting the same concepts but getting the same houses in future events

I know we are all happy and we are excited, but it makes me wonder if this will set a precedent to bring houses exactly like they were before. not just getting the same concepts but getting the same houses in future events

It's been pointed out that the "encore" factor may have been a symptom of the Monsters and Mayhem super house - in the future, there won't be "super" houses (in theory), meaning money can go toward a new 9th house.

I don't know if its said but could we be possibly seeing MageeFX (the team who did the Werewolves over at Hollywoods) to take the helm for creating the puppets?

I'm gonna' say no, after all Orlando did just fine with their puppets and I see this year being no exception. Not to mention seeing how Hollywood's AWIL and their puppets turned out, it's a major case of DO NOT WANT.

I think the encore house is gonna be a one time thing for the reasons fallow said and more. Also they really wanted to reuse these puppets and they also might have some kind of contract with landis to do the house multiple years idk

Since they don't typically reuse houses, my assumption has always been that they tear them down at the end of the event. I would guess they keep some things but all the construction photos they release always seem to show new construction. So if this is correct and assuming they didn't plan to have this one return 2 years ago then they would be rebuilding this correct? I think the reason you see other events reuse houses is because they save a few every year so they have less to build each year. I may not understand HHN's process but if this is the case than an encore house is very different than reusing a house and shouldn't create a pattern of that.

Since they don't typically reuse houses, my assumption has always been that they tear them down at the end of the event. I would guess they keep some things but all the construction photos they release always seem to show new construction. So if this is correct and assuming they didn't plan to have this one return 2 years ago then they would be rebuilding this correct? I think the reason you see other events reuse houses is because they save a few every year so they have less to build each year. I may not understand HHN's process but if this is the case than an encore house is very different than reusing a house and shouldn't create a pattern of that.
HOS keeps a lot of its houses up year round and make minor changes...HHN does a complete rebuild every year..They have brought back houses before (Scream House, Scream House Resurrected)..but they've always been a different layout and a different idea..this is the first time (I think) that they are bringing a house back in its original form

I honestly would be all for setting side 1 of 9 houses every year just to recreating a past house, as faithfully as possible to the original. Maybe it's the nostalgia kicking in with my advanced age :), but I'd find it quite a trip to revisit an old haunt, so to speak. And if it happens to be a house from a year you couldn't attend, then you get a second chance at it. Just 1 of the 9 houses though, no more.

Not saying I think it's likely or feasible, just that it wouldn't turn me off a bit, personally.

I honestly would be all for setting side 1 of 9 houses every year just to recreating a past house, as faithfully as possible to the original. Maybe it's the nostalgia kicking in with my advanced age :), but I'd find it quite a trip to revisit an old haunt, so to speak. And if it happens to be a house from a year you couldn't attend, then you get a second chance at it. Just 1 of the 9 houses though, no more.

Not saying I think it's likely or feasible, just that it wouldn't turn me off a bit, personally.

I am down for that too, but I want them to pick MUCH OLDER houses next go round. Pre-2010 or even 2000's would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you.