Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Body Collectors: Recollections

That supposed to be Eddie or Caretaker? With the eyes being different colors, I'd guess Eddie.

It's Jack and Eddie. UTH tour guide pointed it out to us, 1888 being around the time Jack and Eddie were born. And that "an old rumor" may finally come to fruition next year (would not specify, even though the whole tour group understood what he meant). Aiello wanted to allude to it in some fashion. That's why they are in there. Tour guide also said the point of BC was to add and expand to the mythology of not just the Body Collectors (the Grand BC/Masque scene) but "some other elements as well".

It's Jack and Eddie. UTH tour guide pointed it out to us, 1888 being around the time Jack and Eddie were born. And that "an old rumor" may finally come to fruition next year (would not specify, even though the whole tour group understood what he meant). Aiello wanted to allude to it in some fashion. That's why they are in there. Tour guide also said the point of BC was to add and expand to the mythology of not just the Body Collectors (the Grand BC/Masque scene) but "some other elements as well".
What would that "old rumor" be? My mind is blanking.

Basically where Jack and Eddie would "battle" each other and serve as "co-icons", which has been on the table before.

And then of course there's the classic theme park forum ridiculous rumor where that would be the same concept, but Jack would have one park, and Eddie would have the other and it would be housed under a giant tent encompassing both parks.

Basically where Jack and Eddie would "battle" each other and serve as "co-icons", which has been on the table before.

And then of course there's the classic theme park forum ridiculous rumor where that would be the same concept, but Jack would have one park, and Eddie would have the other and it would be housed under a giant tent encompassing both parks.

This was also during a time where the internet wasn't such a dark place. (2003-04) :lol:

This was also during a time where the internet wasn't such a dark place. (2003-04) :lol:

Just curious because we're on the topic of hints for a following year in a current house, do you remember when we went to HHNXX and you mentioned something about there being a hint in Catacombs for XXI? I can't seem to remember what it was or if it ended up happening or if I even saw it in the house.

Before folks take it and run wild with it ... :blank:

Please, please take this with a grain of salt. I am not confirming that this is what is happening nor is this my own personal speculation or imagination, nor did our tour guide confirm anything (some members assuredly know more than UTH tour guides), he merely alluded to the reason why the babies are in the house and provided a flicker of speculation that they were told during training for this year's houses. Or it could've been a complete lie that he made up. I was just sharing that little tidbit we got from our Unmasking The Horror tour.

I personally don't think this Easter egg is nothing more than just that. Just a bit of fun fan service that adds to HHN lore. However I would LOVE a Jack vs Eddie event. Maybe not on the scale of two parks but maybe 4 houses for each then a Jack vs Eddie house to tie it all together (with scare zones to accompany it). Eddie is my favorite underused icon, he's such a badass with a great design and an awesome story behind him that was unfortunately never used because of dark times. I would kill to see him in the spotlight atleast once. The vs theme has so much potential too, especially the marketing for it good lord. #teamjack #teameddie, the commercials could be Eddie "wanting revenge on Jack for taking his spotlight", media events would be phenomenal, the merchandise would be insane, it all has so much possibilities and with social media being so big, there would seriously not be a better time to do this event. Make it happen I beg of you lol

It would be pretty wild to almost have a reset of the iconic era - Eddie following up Jack, as he was intended to back in 2000-2001.

Jack vs. Eddie would probably be a compromise to marketing - let them have Jack, but Eddie becomes the real focus (especially in park).

Are the patients of Shady Brook #TeamJack and the Collectors #TeamEddie?

I would love to bring Eddie back but they really flubbed his story.....
I think he could easily come back, he never really died or did anything that would tarnish his name. Just like every character of HHN, their story isn't complete until they make it complete

I think he could easily come back, he never really died or did anything that would tarnish his name. Just like every character of HHN, their story isn't complete until they make it complete

He didn't die but he went from a teenage boy who loves slasher flicks and grew up in a trailer to Jack's younger brother (hence being born in the late 1800's.)

If anything; there always was a hint to the next year. I hope this is one.

From all the photos, BC looks amazing and I wish I can see it in person. But as I said, I do think Jack and Eddie being there wasn't just for a easter egg.

He didn't die but he went from a teenage boy who loves slasher flicks and grew up in a trailer to Jack's younger brother (hence being born in the late 1800's.)

Which actually makes no sense, since if Eddie was born in 1888 that means the horror movie wouldn't really exist yet, much less the modern slasher film or hell, even the chainsaw... but hell, HHN has never been good about following its own canon. And then again, Eddie never truly had a defined canon besides "Jack's brother" due to the scrapping. If he's undead (like Jack), then you're golden, I guess, you just gotta change up the backstory... a lot...

Which actually makes no sense, since if Eddie was born in 1888 that means the horror movie wouldn't really exist yet, much less the modern slasher film or hell, even the chainsaw... but hell, HHN has never been good about following its own canon. And then again, Eddie never truly had a defined canon besides "Jack's brother" due to the scrapping. If he's undead (like Jack), then you're golden, I guess, you just gotta change up the backstory... a lot...
Yeah it makes zero sense.

I like the original story...mainly because he was just a looney-toon average Joe (which is always scarier to me.)

I'm interested to see what they do with the story.....

Eddie was always one of my favorite because he came from a trailer trash redneck lifestyle. His face was burned by kids and he hung out in a junkyard murdering people for fun. That's a fantastic character. Putting him in the 1880s does kind of ruin that a little. I kinda liked that he was jacks little brother (or possibly twin due to the size and shape of both of them in the house). I hope they figure out a way to fix this story and bring him to actual icon status soon. While I said above I don't think this Easter egg is anything, I do think the inclusion of Eddie is something, could've easily gone with just jack and nobody would've batted an eye