Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear, if they just replaced the Sinbad sword play with guns, rocket launchers, explosions and fire... it would be a big hit too.
That shows if you give people things they think are cool they won't care about what the actual ride/attraction is themed to. Kids like cute animals. This ride will be about cute animals. It will be fine. I know you weren't one of the ones doubting this, Teebin, just commenting on the overall thread.

The only thing that I'm worried about is that the movie may flop, and ruin their plans of going forth with the eventual TL replacement. Other than that, everything else sounds good:

1) gets rid of dead space
2) adds another family ride
3) no screens
4) new technology for Universal
5) more to do in 2017

I don't see anything not to like about this.

Figured we needed a dedicated thread for this. Rumors indicate that Secret Life of Pets will be replacing the Toon Lagoon theater. It is rumored to be a trackless dark ride laden with animatronics, opening in 2017.
Love everything about this. I am surprised its going to IOA, but I'm not complaining.

I think it would be cool if we see around 50 AA's and even AA's on their own little Trackless RV's that will guide us around parts of the ride. Would be really neat.

I don't think you understand how many AAs 50 is for a singular ride.:lol:

Love everything about this. I am surprised its going to IOA, but I'm not complaining.

There's an unused space perfect for it in IoA bordering a land ready to be rethemed, and USF can't have any more things close in the next year.:lol:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30486-1342449343-12.gif
Sorry cant see your IMG. I did google this, and No No No.... if they want to replace Animal Actors with this... then fine with me. If they are rethemimg the entire TL with this then ok, but do not take away the only bit of hopeful space TL has to be rethemed or expand to bring a totally generic stand alone ride. Unless IOA is getting rid of the Islands theme and go for a stand alone after stand alone attractions.

That shows if you give people things they think are cool they won't care about what the actual ride/attraction is themed to. Kids like cute animals. This ride will be about cute animals. It will be fine. I know you weren't one of the ones doubting this, Teebin, just commenting on the overall thread.

Agreed. I don't know a kid out there that doesn't love cute animals. Most all kids want a dog or a cat unless they had a bad experience with them. Go to toys r us and there is a whole section of pretend animals that act like the real animal because parents can get those and not have to deal with the real thing. Kids love that stuff. And this is something that crosses between boys and girls, both like them. Toddlers even go as far as to act like animals all the time. This will be a hit.

Sorry cant see your IMG. I did google this, and No No No.... if they want to replace Animal Actors with this... then fine with me. If they are rethemimg the entire TL with this then ok, but do not take away the only bit of hopeful space TL has to be rethemed or expand to bring a totally generic stand alone ride. Unless IOA is getting rid of the Islands theme and go for a stand alone after stand alone attractions.

Did you read the article this rumor is based on? This is just the start. Toon Lagoon would be turned into basically Unis pixar land. This would be the first phase and the other phase would be the rest of Toon lagoon changing to. This is smart of Uni since TSL is opening in 2017. This ride will compete against that.

Toon Lagoon will be rethemed eventually.

Agreed. I don't know a kid out there that doesn't love cute animals. Most all kids want a dog or a cat unless they had a bad experience with them. Go to toys r us and there is a whole section of pretend animals that act like the real animal because parents can get those and not have to deal with the real thing. Kids love that stuff. And this is something that crosses between boys and girls, both like them. Toddlers even go as far as to act like animals all the time. This will be a hit.

Yea. The response to the trailer was huge, too. It may not make Despicable Me money, but I seriously doubt it flops. Has an advantageous release too.

I like the concept of it all, just worried IF this movie doesn't do gangbusters if it was worth jumping the gun early. Back in 2003, the Van Helsing attraction sounded promising too. :lol: (But I know that's a different type of situation)

I do question the location, and hopefully the rumors of Toon Lagoon getting a makeover do come to fruition. In my eyes, IOA is devoted to a land of fictional places. No where does Islands have a "real setting" but that's me being nitpicky. I would have preferred it as a possible Shrek replacement and make that area Illumination Blvd or whatever, but all the rumors suggest IOA - so it is what it is.

I would love for that to eventually become an Illumination area and create a brand new Despicable Me ride over there and do something different with that location in the studios.

Although the one thing I do question about this franchise is how it fits into IOA. Nothing about The Secret Life of Pets screams "Adventure" to me.

I like the concept of it all, just worried IF this movie doesn't do gangbusters if it was worth jumping the gun early. Back in 2003, the Van Helsing attraction sounded promising too. :lol: (But I know that's a different type of situation)

I do question the location, and hopefully the rumors of Toon Lagoon getting a makeover do come to fruition. In my eyes, IOA is devoted to a land of fictional places. No where does Islands have a "real setting" but that's me being nitpicky. I would have preferred it as a possible Shrek replacement and make that area Illumination Blvd or whatever, but all the rumors suggest IOA - so it is what it is.
Illumination Blvd, I was thinking the same thing :)
SLOP at IOA will make a weird mini-island. I love the idea of it though.

Not to get to fine into the details, but you'll be on an "adventure" through New York City with the characters of the movie.

. I can see them keeping the land as toon lagoon, because this is technically a cartoon. Maybe they'll just rename toon lagoon to something that still has to do with animated things, but remove the lagoon part of the name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.