Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

If Universal was smart they'd keep their financial investment in this minimal. China's a train wreck waiting to happen.
China is a pain in the arse to work with in getting anything built. Once it's built though, they just have to count the money essentially. It'll flow in steadily.

China is a pain in the arse to work with in getting anything built. Once it's built though, they just have to count the money essentially. It'll flow in steadily.
If you can ever trust the figures they turn in. Did you see the big scandal on diverted movie box office receipts that's going on to shortchange the studios and give the money to Chinese productions that few were attending. You can't trust anything that comes out of that country, including their economic figures.

Can't wait to see what that Jurassic World ride could be like. 2020 is the same year Nintendo is going in Japan and this park will supposedly have it as well so I'm curious to see how it ends up. Also what it could mean for Orlando. I hope there's plenty of unique and new attractions in this park that could end up in our third park.

Can't wait to see what that Jurassic World ride could be like. 2020 is the same year Nintendo is going in Japan and this park will supposedly have it as well so I'm curious to see how it ends up. Also what it could mean for Orlando. I hope there's plenty of unique and new attractions in this park that could end up in our third park.

I believe some of the insiders have said that Nintendo won't be in Beijing for the initial park. That being said, I made a list of what seems to be the IPs for USB..

- SpongeBob (Brought up by @NJBrandon)
- Kung Fu Panda (I believe by a media source for when it was confirmed of DWA being acquired by Universal)
- Shrek (Seen in the Concept Art)
- Madagascar (Seen in the Concept Art)
- Fast and Furious (Supercharged Media Day slip by Michelle Rodriguez {Letty from F&F})
- Jurassic World (Various Sources both from OU and WDWMagic)
- Harry Potter (Well good to assume it, due to profit reasons; and seen in the Concept Art)
- SpongeBob (NJBrandon)
- Kung Fu Panda (I believe by a media source for when it was confirmed of DWA being acquired by Universal)
- Transformers (Seen in the Concept Art)

I believe some of the insiders have said that Nintendo won't be in Beijing for the initial park. That being said, I made a list of what seems to be the IPs for USB..

- SpongeBob (Brought up by @NJBrandon)
- Shrek (Seen in the Concept Art)
- Madagascar (Seen in the Concept Art)
- Fast and Furious (Supercharged Media Day slip by Michelle Rodriguez {Letty from F&F})
- Jurassic World (Various Sources both from OU and WDWMagic)
- Harry Potter (Well good to assume it, due to profit reasons; and seen in the Concept Art)
- SpongeBob (NJBrandon)

- Transformers (Seen in the Concept Art)
You already said that ;)

74 is the one who has said Nintendo is coming.

Are we sure that USB will get dreamworks...found out there was a Dreamworks park already in work, two actually in China.

80f472ee-5af0-11e6-be41-ae26bae452d4_image_hires.jpg

Are we sure that USB will get dreamworks...found out there was a Dreamworks park already in work, two actually in China.

80f472ee-5af0-11e6-be41-ae26bae452d4_image_hires.jpg

I would assume that the Shimao-DreamWorks park was approved before the Comcast acquisition; yes? And yes, I think it should still be a safe bet, as it was reported by THR if I'm not mistaken early on when the Accquiring of DWA broke out.

Plus, I would assume that it could be contractual that DWA comes to USB; even before the acquisition.

Time Warner-DreamWorks, I would think it's best not to worry about that, as it doesn't even have a construction date and date for possible opening.

Time Warner Dream Works ...6 times the investment of Shanghai Disneyland....Yea, sure. I don't buy that . Somebody's smoking funny weed over there. ;)

It should be interesting to note, USB seems to be 16 billion above Shanghai..but I would assume that is more in the Chinese currency of Yuan.

50 billion yuan is $7.5 billion. I don't see that happening.

200 billion yuan is $30 billion. LOL.

Many of those may be part of bigger resort projects with the overall budget for the resort being shown rather than the budget for the park itself. Much like US Singapore as part of Resorts World Santosa.