Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Why is there no Express for Gringotts or FJ?

FJ has an omnimover like set up making it very hard to just skip. I think a lot of it is just missing the elaborate queues. It would be impossible for gringotts to include the queue in its express line meaning no elevator or pre show, completely missing everything story wise. For a first timer going once in a lifetime, that sucks. Imagine going on Simpsons for the first time missing both pre shows, it would make no sense. I don't mind these rides not having express, if you do have express you can literally go on any other ride in the resort no problem. These also have single rider lines so for the ones who really are that impatient, there ya go

Forbidden Journey and Gringotts both have express lines built in to them they just aren't in use (fb's is known as the "castle tour") some awesome team members allowed my family to use the Gringotts express que as we had our 2 month old with us for child swap (the express que ends right before bills office). I imagine they aren't being used on the Harry potter rides because express ques tend to make the standby wait longer

Forbidden Journey and Gringotts both have express lines built in to them they just aren't in use (fb's is known as the "castle tour") some awesome team members allowed my family to use the Gringotts express que as we had our 2 month old with us for child swap (the express que ends right before bills office). I imagine they aren't being used on the Harry potter rides because express ques tend to make the standby wait longer

You nailed it. They are popular rides and would make the stand by much longer if they were in use. They do sometimes use them for handicapped and things like that.

FJ has an omnimover like set up making it very hard to just skip. I think a lot of it is just missing the elaborate queues. It would be impossible for gringotts to include the queue in its express line meaning no elevator or pre show, completely missing everything story wise. For a first timer going once in a lifetime, that sucks. Imagine going on Simpsons for the first time missing both pre shows, it would make no sense. I don't mind these rides not having express, if you do have express you can literally go on any other ride in the resort no problem. These also have single rider lines so for the ones who really are that impatient, there ya go
I understand, it wouldn't feel the same without the queue, thanks for the help!

Are they near the main entrance? I don't think i've seen them before

I understand, it wouldn't feel the same without the queue, thanks for the help!

Are they near the main entrance? I don't think i've seen them before
Forbidden Journey is now using what was supposed to be the Express queue as the single rider queue. It is the only path to the right just after the lockers door. It leads to a stairwell with talking paintings.

The main queue does and has always gone left just past the lockers. It is the second path to the left and leads to the outdoor queue.

The old single rider queue is the first path to the left. It is across from the lockers exit. Edit -It leads to the pre show rooms and follows the main queue to the load. -

Last edited:
Gringotts only has three queues as well. The main one is too the far left at the entrance and goes through all the pre shows and the outdoor queue. It merges with express/handicap just after the photo area and before the first pre show.

The express/handicap queue is in the middle at the entrance and goes through the great hall, skips the outdoor queue, and merged with the main queue just before the first pre show. The handicap queue continues just past the fake elevators to a real elevator just before glasses pick up.

The single rider queue is to the far right at the entrance and is fairly unique queue. It goes behind the right row of goblin desks in the hall and continues to a side entrance to the stairwell just before ride load. It then goes up a separate stair well before load.

Forbidden Journey is now using what was supposed to be the Express queue as the single rider queue. It is the only path to the right just after the lockers door. It leads to a stairwell with talking paintings.

The main queue does and has always gone left just past the lockers. It is the second path to the left and leads to the outdoor queue.

The old single rider queue is the first path to the left. It is across from the lockers exit. It leads to stairs up to the load level without anything special.

Doesn't the old queue lead to the common room? I thought that is what that was.

The old single rider queue is the first path to the left. It is across from the lockers exit. It leads to stairs up to the load level without anything special.

Since when?

Could you be more clear with what you are trying to say?
Single Riders for FJ as of 3 days ago is still on the left hand side up the stairs by the regular queue. There's a sign pointing to it. It wouldn't serve well as an Express/Accommodations line simply because it is a flight of stairs with no elevator access. You're able to get to the elevator from the chained off Express queue that usually has a TM standing guard in front of it.

Single Riders for FJ as of 3 days ago is still on the left hand side up the stairs by the regular queue. There's a sign pointing to it. It wouldn't serve well as an Express/Accommodations line simply because it is a flight of stairs with no elevator access. You're able to get to the elevator from the chained off Express queue that usually has a TM standing guard in front of it.
Hmm...

It must change then. I took single rider last weekend and it was to the right to the stairwell with the talking paintings.

Yeah, the common room mortified me at the time I was there... there was a lamp on a table there that had the power cord draped off the back of the table to a wall plug. I was mortified by the misstep.