Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nickelodeon Hotel becoming Holiday Inn

Yeah, I wouldn't say the sky is falling when it comes to Nick properties. A lot of the shows get higher ratings than what's on Disney Channel and actually 2015 was the first year Disney Channel JUST edged out Nickelodeon in the ratings. And it's not just the stuff we know as adults that's popular (Spongebob, TMNT, even the new Alvin & the Chipmunks show is ahit), it's stuff we're not so familiar with like Franklin & Friends, Peppa Pig, Make It Pop, etc).

But that just makes these recent events more confusing.

Lol - the only one I ever heard of was Peppa Pig and only because my mom got my daughter a book about it lol

Seriously, go to a toy store, you will see the Nick properties are way outnumbered when it comes to Merch.

Good Points on the loss of Norweigian and this property.

Yet, it seems they are going strong at the Mall of America. It stands to be pointed out though the branding for the big Meadowlands indoor park is Dreamworks. Haven't a clue on the Miami Mall if it gets built.

It could be they are letting these deals expire in hopes of consolidating it under one entity instead of a hodge podge of licensing entities for bigger projects. If entire theme parks complete with water park sections and themed hotels under the Lego Brand can exist, so could a Nick branded park.

Say, doesn't Uni have a relationship there already with a whole bunch of new land.

It could be they are letting these deals expire in hopes of consolidating it under one entity instead of a hodge podge of licensing entities for bigger projects. If entire theme parks complete with water park sections and themed hotels under the Lego Brand can exist, so could a Nick branded park.

You do know Lego surpassed Hasbro in sales and is closing in on Mattel for #1 toy brand. Releasing Legos for girls was a genius move.

After passing Hasbro, Lego closes in on Mattel for No. 1 toymaker - Providence Business News

Never mind. It was Mattel that I read about Lego surpassing, not Hasbro. So it is the #1 toy maker already as the above article is old.

LEGO is more profitable than Mattel and Hasbro combined - Business Insider

It passed Mattel at the end of 2014 and from what I can see has stayed #1 since that point.

Last edited:
You do know Lego surpassed Hasbro in sales and is closing in on Mattel for #1 toy brand. Releasing Legos for girls was a genius move.

After passing Hasbro, Lego closes in on Mattel for No. 1 toymaker - Providence Business News

Never mind. It was Mattel that I read about Lego surpassing, not Hasbro. So it is the #1 toy maker already as the above article is old.

LEGO is more profitable than Mattel and Hasbro combined - Business Insider

It passed Mattel at the end of 2014 and from what I can see has stayed #1 since that point.

And.............

Maybe, all the Lego Discovery Center and Lego Lands have helped it along as well. Nevermind Lego getting licensing for other folks IPs for toys, shows, video games like, oh say, Star Wars, Potter, Minecraft (which made perfect sense), Jurassic World,Marvel and on and on. And.....They even have the Stars Wars models in giant form in the parks. It's not all Lego but with the help of other folks stuff as well. Kudos on them pulling that off.

Outside of the Toy Story Lands where you a couple of name toys as support pieces. I've often wondered why we have seen a bundling of toys for some company to do children's areas on. I wonder what will happen to the toy themed ferris wheel at the closing Times Square Toys R Us. I can so see a flat spinning ride based on Life, a playground off of Chutes and Ladders. A water carousel based on Hungry Hungry Hippos and a Mouse Trap themed Wild Mouse coaster. Imagine a coaster based on Imaginarium balls.

And.............

Maybe, all the Lego Discovery Center and Lego Lands have helped it along as well. Nevermind Lego getting licensing for other folks IPs for toys, shows, video games like, oh say, Star Wars, Potter, Minecraft (which made perfect sense), Jurassic World,Marvel and on and on. And.....They even have the Stars Wars models in giant form in the parks. It's not all Lego but with the help of other folks stuff as well. Kudos on them pulling that off.

Outside of the Toy Story Lands where you a couple of name toys as support pieces. I've often wondered why we have seen a bundling of toys for some company to do children's areas on. I wonder what will happen to the toy themed ferris wheel at the closing Times Square Toys R Us. I can so see a flat spinning ride based on Life, a playground off of Chutes and Ladders. A water carousel based on Hungry Hungry Hippos and a Mouse Trap themed Wild Mouse coaster. Imagine a coaster based on Imaginarium balls.

Oh I agree, Lego has done a good job getting IPs attached to their Lego. The Duplo versions use Mickey, Pooh, and Jack and the Netherlands to help their sales. The reason I said making legos for girls was a genius idea is because ironically I was reading an article earlier today about Barbie and how they have dropped 20% in sales over 3 years and that the Friends lego market has taken off over that time period. Which was a huge help in getting to #1. But their Star Wars stuff appeals to even adults, so they have done a good job getting all ages and all genders to play with Legos.

That article is the reason I knew that they were doing well in toys when someone said that, but I couldn't find the original article and my first search got me too old of articles.

LEGO's success really is fascinating, and it's all thanks to a movie that shouldn't have been good but was. At this point the only thing that can stop them is oversaturation.

Regarding the Nick Hotel, the hotel is pretty decent from the overnighters I've had there. That was back when the 4D experience opened though, so I have no idea what it's like now.

Isn't nick jr successful? It has a couple really successful shows going for it. Anyways I'm so sad to see this go. I'm showing my age here but my siblings and I were the perfect ages for this when this came out and it was so much fun. The slides, shows, arcade, just so many memories. There was a time in history when nickelodeon was the coolest thing since sliced bread so when this came out, every kid at school was dying to go. It was like a theme park disguised as a hotel filled with stuff we watched for hours every single day. While most of you won't understand respectfully since you all are obviously older and wiser to stay at a hotel with spongebob all over this place but this was my jam. Seeing it go is like watching a childhood playground being destroyed, yeah you haven't played there in years because you grew up but man wasn't it fun back in the day

The problem was Nick went to mostly sitcoms in the evenings instead of cartoons in the past and those sitcoms don't really sell merch. Back in the past you had a huge scale of animation show compared to Nickelodeon now which tried to take a Disney Channel method and then lost their main demo to other channels

Why do some of you care about some silly time capsule? It's just a bunch of media crap.
Well, personally, I have a fond memory of watching the television special they buried it during when I was a child. I vividly recall Doc Brown showing up in the DeLorean and saying there would be something better than Gak in the future.

Oh I agree, Lego has done a good job getting IPs attached to their Lego. The Duplo versions use Mickey, Pooh, and Jack and the Netherlands to help their sales. The reason I said making legos for girls was a genius idea is because ironically I was reading an article earlier today about Barbie and how they have dropped 20% in sales over 3 years and that the Friends lego market has taken off over that time period. Which was a huge help in getting to #1. But their Star Wars stuff appeals to even adults, so they have done a good job getting all ages and all genders to play with Legos.

That article is the reason I knew that they were doing well in toys when someone said that, but I couldn't find the original article and my first search got me too old of articles.

One last thing on Mattel and Barbie. You noticed the news on the new body types and skin colors and all that? Don't think the American Girl craze(and knock offs) hasn't put a major damper on Barbie sales.

I hated that feeling at the parks, however imagined it was. It was worse at WDW. I think that is why I only felt comfortable at Golfball or AK.

Never gotten this feeling or anything close to it at all at Disney. Even if I'm getting on a Fantasyland ride all by lonesome.

I mean you can't blame them. I agree theme parks should be a place for everybody but It's better that security is concerned about things like that rather than not. I guess it comes down to how the person looks, what area of the park it is and if he's alone or not. Sometimes I really question YouTube videos when it comes to that topic. Like don't you feel a bit weird running around curious George's playground with a camera by yourself with no kid? If I saw some guy filming my kid (who doesn't exist), I'd knock his ass out lol

Last edited: