Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 445 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No, that is my solution to your problem. Perhaps they have another.
From my understanding, single rider and express will go through the "scare zone". You will skirt the "witch room", but will still be able to see it. So another plan to get to child swap must be in place. On of the show quality TMs said that special "escape" routes are in place that are different than other attractions, but he did not elaborate, so I'm not sure on the specifics.

Reactions: Ryno27
The witch is in a large room which you enter on the far side from her. As you move through the switchbacks in that room she gets more intense. Chanting louder and louder with her spells. Lighting flickers off. Effects start going. It gets dark. A fire effect starts to appear in the skull rock work all around you. But still you have to keep moving ahead. Closer and closer to her until the last switchback which is only a few feet from her as she stares right at you as you pass.
Well now now you have me scared to ride :p

Hope I get a chance to experience all this when I'm down there next week.

The way this queue is set up, you have to make it passed the witch before you get to the scareactors. And she will intimidate any child before they even get to that part.

The witch is in a large room which you enter on the far side from her. As you move through the switchbacks in that room she gets more intense. Chanting louder and louder with her spells. Lighting flickers off. Effects start going. It gets dark. A fire effect starts to appear in the skull rock work all around you. But still you have to keep moving ahead. Closer and closer to her until the last switchback which is only a few feet from her as she stares right at you as you pass. If a child makes it through that experience, they'll be alright for a half a second encounter with a native.
Heck, that queue scene sounds better than some of the attractions I've been on. :)

Reactions: Nico and Mike S
This was what I was suspecting. And that's okay. I still had a great time hanging out with everyone. You think tomorrow afternoon might be for guests? Or will tropical storm stand in the way?
"Why didn't I build in Orlando?" - John Hammond ;)
So those who waited may be hit with a big "Bummer" stick -

Plan was for softs in late afternoon, but the higher powers decided TM Previews were the better option.
If softs were planned for today I'm guessing I'm pretty safe for Sunday :)

P1070460.jpg

This picture literally made me laugh. After a few pics of creepy realistic skulls, park your baby movers here!

So I wonder what the point of the 36" height restriction. It can't be safety since I would think then Hollywood would have a height restriction. If it is age it is even more dumb. Someone without kids made that height restriction because prior to 2 most kids don't fear much of anything. Then somewhere in the 2 to 4 they start to fear things. So just as they are tall enough for this ride they will start to fear the things in this ride. Like I would not hesitate to take my 1 year old on this, it is my 5 year old I debated. My 1 year old would not be scared at all. The only time she gets scared is if she hears her sister scream in fear.
Probably because the ride vehicle has no restraints on the seat.

So tonight apparently turned into another TM preview after last nights ended in a breakdown. Just sounds like there needs some kinks to still be worked out. I would expect to see this soft in the next day or two.

Reactions: Ryno27
It's a long shot question but does anyone who rode it have a drawn-out line layout of the queue? One similar to the track layout of the ride? Looking for something like this: P340_ride_track_zpsds8rbeof.jpg but just for the queue line? It doesn't seem very big considering it holds the witch wall, booholes, AND the load/unload station

little off topic.. but the pic above is nearmap.. tried to get into it tonight and they changed the demo.. no more incognito mode for free access

It's a long shot question but does anyone who rode it have a drawn-out line layout of the queue? One similar to the track layout of the ride? Looking for something like this: View attachment 2164 but just for the queue line? It doesn't seem very big considering it holds the witch wall, booholes, AND the load/unload station
Kong's queue is like the Minotaur Labyrinth in Ancient Crete. It's very long, complicated, sectioned off into a ton of rooms and sectioned areas. No one going through it would possibly be able to map it since it's so intricate. You'd get lost if it wasn't marked. It holds a ton of people. Don't be fooled that it doesn't look gigantic, because it is. The only way you could get a map would be to write to Universal for the plans, but they don't give those out. :)