Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 443 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I meant, like, on a day they decide to do a soft opening, how long do they usually let people into the ride before they close it down again? Or is it open all day during a soft opening day?

As I said, its unpredictable. It can be for most of the day, or only for the last two-one hours of the park hours. It will really all depend on if theres a few factors into the mix, like plenty of TM's in full costume coming in; or (for when USH did it), having a line set-up to go into the area to ride it (USH did this for Hogsmeade, and it turned out very interestingly).

So those who waited may be hit with a big "Bummer" stick -

Plan was for softs in late afternoon, but the higher powers decided TM Previews were the better option.
This was what I was suspecting. And that's okay. I still had a great time hanging out with everyone. You think tomorrow afternoon might be for guests? Or will tropical storm stand in the way?

Some background on this attraction. HTF was the first to have the confirmation of it and I was kinda honored that he also mentioned that "Teebin is going to hate this". He knew that the Hogwarts and bridge intrusion destroyed me. I stared at his post like newly broken glass. Alas, I am diplomatically pragmatic and I figured they had ruined one entrance, they might as well ruin the other.

Then I found my way on the inside when I least expected it. I have no use for King Kong and I don't understand the allure of it. But it was a chance for me to know more about the industry than I could have imagined. Sad part is that I can't talk much about it... my own rules... no one elses. So, there you have it.

That doesn't provide any background on the attraction at all. It just looks like a really strange humble-brag.

Reactions: jarmor and Ryno27
So I'm guessing my source may have been right with saying softs start tomorrow. All we can do is wait and see because apparently they have been making last minute changes. sighh

Reactions: Ryno27
So I'm guessing my source may have been right with saying softs start tomorrow. All we can do is wait and see because apparently they have been making last minute changes. sighh

Based on valuable feedback from test riders who didn't tell them it was all sunshine and rainbows and blow pixie dust up their butts. ;)

So I wonder what the point of the 36" height restriction. It can't be safety since I would think then Hollywood would have a height restriction. If it is age it is even more dumb. Someone without kids made that height restriction because prior to 2 most kids don't fear much of anything. Then somewhere in the 2 to 4 they start to fear things. So just as they are tall enough for this ride they will start to fear the things in this ride. Like I would not hesitate to take my 1 year old on this, it is my 5 year old I debated. My 1 year old would not be scared at all. The only time she gets scared is if she hears her sister scream in fear.

Reactions: Ryno27