Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 442 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some background on this attraction. HTF was the first to have the confirmation of it and I was kinda honored that he also mentioned that "Teebin is going to hate this". He knew that the Hogwarts and bridge intrusion destroyed me. I stared at his post like newly broken glass. Alas, I am diplomatically pragmatic and I figured they had ruined one entrance, they might as well ruin the other.

Then I found my way on the inside when I least expected it. I have no use for King Kong and I don't understand the allure of it. But it was a chance for me to know more about the industry than I could have imagined. Sad part is that I can't talk much about it... my own rules... no one elses. So, there you have it.

Reactions: Ryno27
Working on a blog post with lots of photos I took too! Was so much fun getting to hang out with all the internet famous people today.

And I had a banana Icee. A perfect day.

Personally, I love to play the "Find the Blogger" game as I watch the video, as there are quite a few that I can see (along with a @BriMan possibly in the midsts..), as its a great video!

OK so since I was there... Most of us there this morning weren't lining up, but just conversing in front of the newly revealed area. People started to line-up around the crowd/us thinking it was an "official" line but TM's started informing them "There is no official line". Around 10:30/11 is when most of us left to eat lunch or enjoy the park; so maybe about 40-50 stayed behind to actually wait. A lot of the people waiting for softs bailed at the start of the heavy rain. In all reality, about 20-30 stuck it out.

Here are some photos of the area:

IMG_2040.JPG IMG_2041.JPG IMG_2042.JPG IMG_2044.JPG IMG_2045.JPG IMG_2047.JPG IMG_2048.JPG IMG_2049.JPG IMG_2050.JPG IMG_2051.JPG

Just a question for when I go down- about how long is the window for when they start letting people in a soft opening? I'll be down for the week but I'm going with family, and we're not going to want to wait around Kong all day.

Going off on something,

seeing all the photos and videos of the land makes me realize how large it looks. Especially from the lush plants and trees, to the facades created for this attraction; it blows me away to see such a great amount of quality. Even as is, from across the country..

Just a question for when I go down- about how long is the window for when they start letting people in a soft opening? I'll be down for the week but I'm going with family, and we're not going to want to wait around Kong all day.

It really depends. Technical Rehersals (Aka, Softs) are in essence, unpredictable and very much not something you can always control. There are some instances to where people are able to predict possible Soft-Opening days (Look at how USHForums decoded the preview events/Technical Rehearsals for Hogsmeade only a few months ago).

I'd say the chances of riding Kong are rising, but you do need to caution yourself as you may not even get the chance to ride it. Coming from someone who got lucky and got to go to a private event in March for Potter, I can understand why people would be tense; as UC is pouring out great additions for the parks. I just hope you get the chance before it opens..

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
I meant, like, on a day they decide to do a soft opening, how long do they usually let people into the ride before they close it down again? Or is it open all day during a soft opening day?

God, that has to be the best original theme park attraction soundtrack ever created. It really evokes grand vistas and mystery of the unknown. It rivals John Williams!

To me, I put the 2005 Soundtrack by James Newton Howard of King Kong in the legendary soundtracks. And to me, even by video; it is by-far, the best soundtrack that they have poured time worth for the theme parks. It makes me truly excited if there is a soundtrack inside, as it mixes such great elements of the 2005 soundtrack along with new flairs into it. Atleast; to me.

OK so since I was there... Most of us there this morning weren't lining up, but just conversing in front of the newly revealed area. People started to line-up around the crowd/us thinking it was an "official" line but TM's started informing them "There is no official line". Around 10:30/11 is when most of us left to eat lunch or enjoy the park; so maybe about 40-50 stayed behind to actually wait. A lot of the people waiting for softs bailed at the start of the heavy rain. In all reality, about 20-30 stuck it out.
Great Photos Bri!

Yea, I left for lunch around 11:30, then checked back in, then upgraded my AP to plastic pass, then checked in, then played in the Camp Jurassic caves, checked in. Then left before it rained... cause I a genius.

Oh, and rode Spiderman on my way out, because I needed to ride something after waiting that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.