Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Over Georgia

It looks like they may be getting an S&S Free Spin (4D) coaster:
ctH2UGm.jpg
Has anyone here ridden one of these yet? I love a good coaster, but I just don't get excited over these things.

Either way, I'm sure it'll be popular and pull crowds in. I've always felt that Six Flags Ocer Georgia is a great park, though it has been a few years since my last visit.

Has anyone here ridden one of these yet? I love a good coaster, but I just don't get excited over these things.

Either way, I'm sure it'll be popular and pull crowds in. I've always felt that Six Flags Ocer Georgia is a great park, though it has been a few years since my last visit.
I love SFoG. It is a great park. Hurricane Harbor made it even better.

I haven't yet, but I will be riding soon. Everyone I know who has been on it said it was better than they expected.

I've been on the Joker at Great Adventure twice now and its a very interesting experience. Definitely not your typical coaster. It's short, but I enjoy it and will happily ride it when the line's not long. You very rarely know what's gonna happen next and I for sure had some cool moments where i was just face down (a la Superman: Ultimate Flight) up and over bunny hills or upside down during a raven turn. However, the thing I don't like about these is that the flipping is controlled more than I thought it was. As in, you can really feel the ride suddenly turning you, so the ride isn't as fluid as I thought it would be. I'd probably give it a 7/10, but more re-rides may change that number.

It could be a 4D coaster like Joker/Green Lantern/Batman the Ride, but with a Justice League theme. I'd be happy with either.

Just some personal anecdote from me, I used to go to SFOG pretty much every summer between 1997 and 2007 when I was a kid and teenager. I've lived in New Orleans my whole adult life, but I've tried to get back to SFOG at least every other summer since.

It could be a 4D coaster like Joker/Green Lantern/Batman the Ride, but with a Justice League theme. I'd be happy with either.

Just some personal anecdote from me, I used to go to SFOG pretty much every summer between 1997 and 2007 when I was a kid and teenager. I've lived in New Orleans my whole adult life, but I've tried to get back to SFOG at least every other summer since.
It could be just a themed coaster, but the items under the tarps in the SF tweet are the right size for JLBFM vehicles. Besides, with four JL dark rides at SF it would be odd to go back and use the name for a coaster.

Besides, with four JL dark rides at SF it would be odd to go back and use the name for a coaster.

It wouldn't be the first time. The Superman: Ultimate Flight name has been applied to two different types of coasters. Batman: The Ride has been applied to at least two different types of coasters as well. I think your theory is much more likely, but I don't want us to get our hopes up too high just yet.

It wouldn't be the first time. The Superman: Ultimate Flight name has been applied to two different types of coasters. Batman: The Ride has been applied to at least two different types of coasters as well. I think your theory is much more likely, but I don't want us to get our hopes up too high just yet.
I think that if it was just a coaster the paperwork would have just said that. Thus way if they changed their mind on the ride name the paperwork wouldn't have to be changed. But I am keeping just a little skepticism until the official announcement September 1st. Still, the ride vehicles under those tarps do not fit the look of any suggested coaster but do match JL.

When Hurricane Harbor first opened I talked to a number of staff members there. The details varied, but they all said HH would be expanded at some point. There is the space to do it but I have yet to see anything. Considering how packed that area is in the summer it could really use an addition. Fingers crossed for a lazy river.
SFOG_EntranceSign_HurricaneHarbor.jpg