Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 26 House Route/Guide

Aug 20, 2014
hhn-spec-map_5-jpg.2865

This is a quick guide I put together each year primarily for those who don't use/need express. It's also for getting there early. Obviously if you have Stay and Scream/RSVP you're going to have a massive head start than most. I'm sure everyone uses the Universal line app, it can save your evening.

The golden HHN house route is counter clock-wise around the park. Now with RSVP and Stay and Screams going on some areas might be blocked off at first. If you circle back after your first house you should be fine. Most people are sheep and will head right to the soundstages and wait in an already long line. If you hit Halloween, Tomb, Chainsaw, Lunatics when you first get there you have the potential of getting 4 houses done within the first hour and a half. Plus there's no Bill & Ted crowd exiting, so those houses are prime for early runs. Now as the years have gone on there is no doubt the event has gotten busier (remember opening nights from like 02-08 *sigh* so dead). You might hear that the first Bill & Ted of the night is the least busy but I never understood going RIGHT to B&T and killing your first hour just waiting for a show when the house lines are filling up fast. Plus B&T gets better (most of the time) as the event goes on.

There are 4 Stay and Scream areas. Hollywood, New York, Diagon and Simpsons
I used all 4 S&S last year and Diagon was by far the best, least crowed and spread out. New York is stupid crowded. Hollywood is fair to crowded depending on the night and Simpsons is really busy for RSVP (16th, 17th 23rd and 24th) but dies out a bit when those nights are done with.

If any other HHN vets have any ideas/tips please feel free to post. Please no, just buy express posts. Happy haunt season!

Attachments

• HHN Spec Map_5.jpg
    HHN Spec Map_5.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 529
Last edited:
That map still hinges an AHS being in SS25 like Walking Dead 24. I really feel AHS and Exorcist are swapped because its either in SS19 or 21 to give acess from BMG for upcharge house and then gives AHS closest house to the front since they seems to have stipulated that AHS is top billing.

Last Year I used all S&S besides Diagon. NY always seemed the best becasue we were first in FvJ, then made it to M&M right behind Lucy S&S since NY got released first then do Alice then moved back to the tents right as the GP was getting let in. Doing this I could reliably hit FvJ, M&M, Asylum, Purge, and Insidious by 7.

The AP event last year seems like a huge waste of time because unless you were at the very front you basically got corralled into a 30 min line. I will prolly sign up but bail if I am not towards the front. Also always do the Tent 1 house vs Parade for AP event because then you can get a jump on Tent 2.

Last edited:
The AP event last year seems like a huge waste of time because unless you were at the very front you basically got corralled into a 30 min line. I will prolly sign up but bail if I am not towards the front. Also always do the Tent 1 house vs Parade for AP event because then you can get a jump on Tent 2.
It was a waste and I might actually do that this year. Bail if I don't get there early enough.

I sort of disagree on not doing The Parade building first because 1. Its Halloween and 2. the parade building exits right next to the tent. Parade, tent 1 than tent 2. Get 3 done right away instead of back tracking.

Last edited:
It was a waste and I might actually do that this year. Bail if I don't get there early enough.

I sort of disagree on not doing The Parade building first because 1. Its Halloween and 2. the parade build exits right next to the tent. Parade, tent 1 than tent 2. Get 3 done right away instead of back tracking.
Yeah but last year opening night AP event I was towards the front, first 100, and for some reason did WD first. Walked right on and when we got out Purge was already listed at 30 so we skipped and walked the long way to Insidious and waited like 20 for that. If I went to Purge I would have been one of the first into insidious and saved 20 mins. Plus with a possible fire effect I don't mind waiting until later in the night to hit it up.

Yeah but last year opening night AP event I was towards the front, first 100, and for some reason did WD first. Walked right on and when we got out Purge was already listed at 30 so we skipped and walked the long way to Insidious and waited like 20 for that. If I went to Purge I would have been one of the first into insidious and saved 20 mins. Plus with a possible fire effect I don't mind waiting until later in the night to hit it up.
For last year I 100% agree with you. I was at the AP and didn't even look at the parade building cause it was WD. Skipped that and did Purge and Insidious. This year Tent 1 isn't an IP and the parade building is a good house.

Last edited:
I wonder if the Diagon Alley Stay and Scream area will now get early access to MIB instead of the north tent.

I guess Springfield will definitely get the parade building and the south tent because there is no reason to change it.

I wonder if the Diagon Alley Stay and Scream area will now get early access to MIB instead of the north tent.

I guess Springfield will definitely get the parade building and the south tent because there is no reason to change it.
I'm assuming. When RSVP is over.
Diagon = Chance, Texas
Springfield = Halloween, Tomb
Hollywood = Exorcist, AHS
New York = Walking Dead, Ghost

As stated before and on the most recent OU podcast RSVP is crowded and might not be worth it. However this year the RSVP has good houses.

NOT SOON ENOUGH
Easy there.

hi everyone!

from massachusetts, kind of a rooky to hhn. i went to 24, it was a surprise 22nd birthday gift day of, so i had noo time to organize or strategize; still had a blast though, and fell in love with the event. i can FINALLY go back this year on opening night and the first sunday and i have been spyin on here for some good advice, thank you, btw. xD

but my question is, when planning my stay and scream route, should i be maybe holding off on doing houses that are in tents because light bleeds through? i remember seeing a few walkthroughs on youtube that were REALLYY lit up, and i feel like it would ruin it for me. any advice?

hi everyone!

from massachusetts, kind of a rooky to hhn. i went to 24, it was a surprise 22nd birthday gift day of, so i had noo time to organize or strategize; still had a blast though, and fell in love with the event. i can FINALLY go back this year on opening night and the first sunday and i have been spyin on here for some good advice, thank you, btw. xD

but my question is, when planning my stay and scream route, should i be maybe holding off on doing houses that are in tents because light bleeds through? i remember seeing a few walkthroughs on youtube that were REALLYY lit up, and i feel like it would ruin it for me. any advice?

Hey! Welcome,
There's a good chance that these walkthroughs are media previews where a few lights are left on in order for cameras to correctly show the houses. There are many of these on youtube. I have been going to the event for over a decade and in the recent past many of the tent houses are Annual Pass holder exclusive access for the first few hours of the event (around 6pm) where the sun is still shining and it has not made a much of a difference... the atmosphere outside the house is obviously affected but the inside UNI usually does an excellent job at keeping the light out.

As for strategy.. I would suggest counter clockwise start as the majority of guest go strait to the music plaza Shrek/HRRR area.

hope this helps

Just my opinion, but I do feel that sunlight can bleed in during the daytime hours. It doesn't necessarily ruin the experience, but personally I feel that the mood/feel can be quite different depending on what time you go through. There have been a couple of houses in the past that I may have actually enjoyed more during daylight.

Another note regarding the daylight hours - your eyes don't have enough time to adjust from the bright Florida sunlight to some of the darker HHN houses. While this can lead to missing out an a lot of the details in the houses, it can sometimes lead to a "scarier" walk-through as you have a harder time seeing what's coming. Again, just one man's opinion.

Just my opinion, but I do feel that sunlight can bleed in during the daytime hours. It doesn't necessarily ruin the experience, but personally I feel that the mood/feel can be quite different depending on what time you go through. There have been a couple of houses in the past that I may have actually enjoyed more during daylight.

Another note regarding the daylight hours - your eyes don't have enough time to adjust from the bright Florida sunlight to some of the darker HHN houses. While this can lead to missing out an a lot of the details in the houses, it can sometimes lead to a "scarier" walk-through as you have a harder time seeing what's coming. Again, just one man's opinion.
I definitely agree. Something about starting off in the bright sun and walking back out into it can be jarring at times. I'll still plan to take advantage of Stay & Scream, but I'll strategically pick which houses to attend at that time -- either least favorite so the effect of the sunlight doesn't matter as much to see or really looking forward to it so I plan to go twice anyway.