Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 603 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One of @Skubersky's videos he posted recently was an interview and the guy said that max capacity is 4 vehicles dispatching at 122 seconds. That's a theoretical of 2124. In reality with people being slow and whatnot I bet its more realistic of like 135s dispatches for around ~1900 an hour.

Breaking down the math more, thats an 8:08 cycle for the vehicles and with the ride clocking around 6:15 which only leave 113 seconds at load and unload. Someone here gave a required time for the vehicles to charge but I forget the exact number.
Optimal dispatch is 122 sec but they can only achieve that with 5 vehicles running, right now they can do 4 at most & usually run 3.

Optimal dispatch is 122 sec but they can only achieve that with 5 vehicles running, right now they can do 4 at most & usually run 3.
So you're saying they can run 5 vehicles at a time once everything's up to snuff(when they get the 5th)? Someone was posting, can't remember who, that the attraction can only run 4 vehicles and the 5th was only for back up.

So you're saying they can run 5 vehicles at a time (when they get the 5th)? Someone was posting, can't remember who, that the attraction can only run 4 vehicles and the 5th was only for back up.
I don't know about that, but 122 sec dispatch is impossible to keep up with 4 on the track unless the outdoor is bypassed.

So you're saying they can run 5 vehicles at a time once everything's up to snuff(when they get the 5th)? Someone was posting, can't remember who, that the attraction can only run 4 vehicles and the 5th was only for back up.
That was me. The operations team was told the max is 4 vehicles on the main track at a time. Five vehicles exist tho and they are on a daily rotation.

Spare parts such as this? ;););)

BMOD0083%20P048%20B01.jpg

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/0/1182-1030-ND

It ain't my first time at the rodeo! (i previously thought I hadn't bookmarked it)

Has Becky been out yet? Last I heard she was being used for spare parts.
Now that I think about it I don't think so. I haven't ridden with her and I haven't heard of anyone who has. I'll ask to double check when I get the chance.

What I said before is ideal / planned circumstances. I assumed we had gotten to the point where all were present and functional.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
Weds. Sept. 7th 10:00 AM, Sunny 79 degrees, Posted Line Times (TP), IOA was early entry at 8:00AM

Forbidden Journey.....................10 minutes
Hulk.........................................20 minutes
Reign of Kong.............................60 minutes
Spider Man................................5 minutes

Weds. Sept. 7th 10:00 AM, Sunny 79 degrees, Posted Line Times (TP), IOA was early entry at 8:00AM

Forbidden Journey.....................10 minutes
Hulk.........................................20 minutes
Reign of Kong.............................60 minutes
Spider Man................................5 minutes
Wish I was there to take advantage.

Wish I was there to take advantage.
Yea, I hope it's like that when I get there later this month since I won't have Express for the first 5 days of the vacation. 60 minutes for Kong would just about be right for my first ride. Gives plenty of time to experience the queue without a fast moving line. And it's right at my personal hour limit for waiting in an attraction line.

Yea, I hope it's like that when I get there later this month since I won't have Express for the first 5 days of the vacation. 60 minutes for Kong would just about be right for my first ride. Gives plenty of time to experience the queue without a fast moving line. And it's right at my personal hour limit for waiting in an attraction line.
I hope it's like this for November.

I waited 90 minutes for Kong but the line was almost always moving so you should be fine.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Thursday Morning Sept. 8th, 10:55 AM Posted Wait Times (TP)...82 degrees Sunny weather

Forbidden Journey...................15 minutes
Hulk.......................................10 minutes
Reign of Kong...........................45 minutes
Spider Man..............................5 minutes

The average wait time for Reign of Kong on Weds. Sept. 7th was 58 minutes (per Touring Plans) Sunny weather day

Reactions: Mike S and JoeCamel
Thursday Morning Sept. 8th, 10:55 AM Posted Wait Times (TP)...82 degrees Sunny weather

Forbidden Journey...................15 minutes
Hulk.......................................10 minutes
Reign of Kong...........................45 minutes
Spider Man..............................5 minutes

The average wait time for Reign of Kong on Weds. Sept. 7th was 58 minutes (per Touring Plans) Sunny weather day
After checking Disney's app they seem right in line with Universal right now.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Whats the wait time for kong in the morning when the park opens?
Does this ride closes if it rains? Does potter close the train if theres rain?