Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW 50th Celebration

In an ideal world, Disney signs a big sponsorship deal with Elon Musk.

Mission: Space is sponsored by SpaceX and Test Track is sponsored by Tesla.

That would be awesome. Test Track: Ludicrous Mode has a nice ring to it, upgrade the cars to 0-60 in 2.5secs.

If I was to add my 2cents to what I'd like to see overall.

MK:
Flatten Tomorrowland. Keep carousel of Progress, Buzz Lightyear and the Space Mountain building. Everything else goes and is replaced by whatever, be it Tron coaster or whatever.
I think the rest of the park is in pretty good shape.

EPCOT:
Ellen replaced by the rumoured Guardian's coaster.
Ratatouille in France (I finally got to ride it this week and it delivered big time.)
Coco ride in Mexico (Pixar film)

DHS:
Once Star Tours goes, I'd replace it with Indian Jones, similar to Disneyland to compliment the stunt show.
I'd love to see the Monsters Inc coaster finally get built.
I'm seeing a lot of hate for Aerosmith but I think the ride is still holding up well. It's a fun coaster and well themed and appropriate. I don't believe in change for the sake of change.

AK:
Finally fix that damn yeti.
Beastly Kingdom.

BB:
Add something. Anything.

TL:
It really depends on how MFF does.

That would be awesome. Test Track: Ludicrous Mode has a nice ring to it, upgrade the cars to 0-60 in 2.5secs.

If I was to add my 2cents to what I'd like to see overall.

MK:
Flatten Tomorrowland. Keep carousel of Progress, Buzz Lightyear and the Space Mountain building. Everything else goes and is replaced by whatever, be it Tron coaster or whatever.
I think the rest of the park is in pretty good shape.

EPCOT:
Ellen replaced by the rumoured Guardian's coaster.
Ratatouille in France (I finally got to ride it this week and it delivered big time.)
Coco ride in Mexico (Pixar film)

DHS:
Once Star Tours goes, I'd replace it with Indian Jones, similar to Disneyland to compliment the stunt show.
I'd love to see the Monsters Inc coaster finally get built.
I'm seeing a lot of hate for Aerosmith but I think the ride is still holding up well. It's a fun coaster and well themed and appropriate. I don't believe in change for the sake of change.

AK:
Finally fix that damn yeti.
Beastly Kingdom.

BB:
Add something. Anything.

TL:
It really depends on how MFF does.

What I'd like to see (in general)

MK:
New nighttime parade
major Big Thunder and Splash overhauls
Frontierland D-ticket River Battle dark ride
major IASW, Peter Pan and Pooh overhauls
Wonderland mini-land (Mad Tea Party, Cheshire Cat kiddie coaster, Labyrinth, Cheshire Café) in part of Speedway plot
old Cheshire Café rethemed to Pooh
Tomorrowland expansion - indoor space port in remainder of Speedway plot and part of expansion pad behind it (UFO Encounter E-ticket, Flying Saucers using new Luigi's tech, Plectu's Intergalactic Revue, Extraterrestrial Zoo walkthrough)
Space Mountain complete overhaul (new SFX, on-board audio, AAs, moving asteroids, etc.)
CoP upgrade
Buzz Lightyear retheme to Big Hero 6 or TRON
Monsters Inc and Stitch rethemes (WALL-E and Guardians of the Galaxy)

Epcot:
Energy replaced with Muppet Labs E-ticket
Wonders of Life revived with an Inside Out theme (suspended Adventures Thru Inner Space-esque D-ticket and update of Cranium Command)
Mission Space expansion
Spaceship Earth update
Main entrance overhaul
Seas revamped as Marine Life Institute
Weather-themed pavilion between Land and Seas
Living With the Land update
Lion Guard replacement for Circle of Life
Imagination overhaul (with E-ticket dark ride)
Ratatouille clone in France
UK-themed show
Mt. Fuji coaster in Japan
Rhine River Cruise in Germany
Coco-themed streemosphere show in Mexico
Illuminations update

DHS:
GMR update
MuppetVision update
Mama Melrose themed to Swedish Chef
RnRC update
Mickey dark ride as Star Wars Launch Bay replacement
Little Mermaid replacement
B&TB replacement
Fantasmic update
Star Tours rethemed to a different IP once SWL opens and is awkwardly separated from it by Muppets Courtyard :lol:

AK:
Dinorama replacement (dark ride, family coaster)
Finding Nemo update
Family dark ride in Asia (themed to a panda)
Fixing the Yeti for Everest
Kali expansion/update
DINOSAUR revamp

As this can be interpreted as rumor until proven; but the source has been somewhat reliable in the past.

From Dre (@VashSky) on Twitter, after SWL; WDW will be focusing on getting the rest of the parks fully ready for the 50th anniversary with the following.

Overall
  • Disney is looking to update older attractions with more characters from the Disney brand
DAK
  • Rivers of Light would stay up until 2020, as the show would then be replaced with an overhaul, with bringing in Disney characters; for the 50th Anniversary
EPCOT
  • Spain would be happening, as Disney is currently offering sponsorship for the land
  • Gigantic would be featured as a new attraction for Spain
  • Ratatouille would be coming to Paris, with the possibility of Coco coming to Mexico
  • GOTG is reportedly still on the table, with Test Track potentially seeing another overhaul but to the Cars 3 character; Storm Jackson (depending on the new film's success)
Magic Kingdom
  • Tron Lightcycle Power Run would be potentially coming to Tomorrowland (depending on the Tron remake's success), as it wouldn't be a surprise to see Autopia go if that happens
  • Tomorrowland would receive a new overhaul
  • Wreck It Ralph is still potentially going to happen, as Dre praises Mario Kart albeit a tiny bit, alluding to the practical information we have known on the forums
Dre also talked about Disneyland's plans, as you can find that at Dre's twitter page.

I've heard all of that except for the Test Track rumor. Let's pray that crap doesn't happen.

As to Tron, the Shanghai ride will not be coming to MK. It is rumored another Tron ride is on the table, though.
I agree with you on Test Track. I really like the new incarnation. I wasn't a big fan of Test Track 1 since it always reminded me of waiting to get a car repaired in a dingy repair shop. Test Track 2 though, seems very Tron like to me. Definitely in my top five WDW attractions.

As this can be interpreted as rumor until proven; but the source has been somewhat reliable in the past.

From Dre (@VashSky) on Twitter, after SWL; WDW will be focusing on getting the rest of the parks fully ready for the 50th anniversary with the following.

Overall
  • Disney is looking to update older attractions with more characters from the Disney brand
DAK
  • Rivers of Light would stay up until 2020, as the show would then be replaced with an overhaul, with bringing in Disney characters; for the 50th Anniversary
EPCOT
  • Spain would be happening, as Disney is currently offering sponsorship for the land
  • Gigantic would be featured as a new attraction for Spain
  • Ratatouille would be coming to Paris, with the possibility of Coco coming to Mexico
  • GOTG is reportedly still on the table, with Test Track potentially seeing another overhaul but to the Cars 3 character; Storm Jackson (depending on the new film's success)
Magic Kingdom
  • Tron Lightcycle Power Run would be potentially coming to Tomorrowland (depending on the Tron remake's success), as it wouldn't be a surprise to see Autopia go if that happens
  • Tomorrowland would receive a new overhaul
  • Wreck It Ralph is still potentially going to happen, as Dre praises Mario Kart albeit a tiny bit, alluding to the practical information we have known on the forums
Dre also talked about Disneyland's plans, as you can find that at Dre's twitter page.
Every single thing here was in a recent episode of the Disney Dish with Jim Hill and Len Testa. Interesting stuff, but last year Jim said the Tron Lightcycle was going to replace Ellen at Epcot and now he says it's going to Tomorrowland, so take all of this with a grain of salt I guess.

Every single thing here was in a recent episode of the Disney Dish with Jim Hill and Len Testa. Interesting stuff, but last year Jim said the Tron Lightcycle was going to replace Ellen at Epcot and now he says it's going to Tomorrowland, so take all of this with a grain of salt I guess.
Everything I've heard suggests Lightcycle Run will not be coming because of the ride vehicle and WDW's bigger guest size.

That said, a Tron attraction is still being considered.

Last edited:
It doesn't exactly sound great but definitely sounds like an improvement over Test Tracks current state.
A Cars 3 overlay? I know it's a car ride, but Cars seems so out of place at Epcot (damn, that must mean it's true).

I honestly have no issue with the current Test Track. It's far superior to the original imo. That said it's still nothing too special.

A Cars 3 overlay? I know it's a car ride, but Cars seems so out of place at Epcot (damn, that must mean it's true).

I honestly have no issue with the current Test Track. It's far superior to the original imo. That said it's still nothing too special.
I felt that the original Test Track was far superior to the current version, so I suppose that's why Cars doesn't bother me that much, I can't see it being worse.

I kind of doubt this though just on the fact that it doesn't seem like Test Track needs this, it still pulls in pretty long wait times. Mission Space is the only attraction in Future World in its original as built state, seems like it's overdue to be messed up to match everything else.

I felt that the original Test Track was far superior to the current version, so I suppose that's why Cars doesn't bother me that much, I can't see it being worse.

I kind of doubt this though just on the fact that it doesn't seem like Test Track needs this, it still pulls in pretty long wait times. Mission Space is the only attraction in Future World in its original as built state, seems like it's overdue to be messed up to match everything else.
Well it's been 14 years since M:S opened and I think the only true refurb it ever had was when they added the Green side so yeah, it's due for the upcoming refurb :lol:

That said, Energy and Imagination are in far worse shape than M:S is even in. Space just needs a new film, which will hopefully renew interest in the ride.