Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Springfield

Does anyone know if and when they're going to redo/finish the wall art in Krusty Commissary upstairs?  I'm referring to the Sardis-like section with artwork from the actual animators.  It's different from the original version and has gone through a few changes.  Mainly they keep adding more drawings and re-arranging it.  I thought there was going to be one other wave of updates.  Would they finish it before the Wizarding World Grand Opening on April 7?  Or since this land is already done there isn't an urgency to touch up things?

Funny this should be mentioned here. On last Wednesday I was the only one eating in there as a member of UC (indicated by his jacket) was accompanied by a manager and seemingly discussed a repurposing/retheme of the room. I don't know how drastic (I blankly looked at them eating my burger to let them silently know, "Hi I'm a guest sitting here mayyyybe you shouldn't be discussing this" but they just ignored me) but it seemed to involve adding a service bar and shuffling around the seating and booths.

Then they just left when a couple new people entered. It was very strange.

Forgot ot mention - an employee on Sunday said we should be getting more statues before the year ends, not sure how true that is though. 

Universal is now selling themed Krusty Korn buckets in and around Springfield.

32881897233_936a24f379.jpg

Just a quick observation from yesterday's trip: I ate dinner at Cletus Chicken Shack and ordered one of my favorites: the peep fried chicken platter. I noticed the price had gone up to $15.99. When the Springfield eateries first opened, this platter was $13.99--which I thought wasn't too bad, considering the decent portion size and having an AP discount.

Raising food prices is normal practice and not surprising...just like ticket prices and parking go up. However, at $15.99, I probably won't be ordering this platter as much any more, as I think it's a poor value now. I didn't think to take note of the other menu items, but assume most of them have increased as well. Has anyone else noticed food price increases? And would it affect what you order or do you just chalk it up to dining in a theme park?

Just a quick observation from yesterday's trip: I ate dinner at Cletus Chicken Shack and ordered one of my favorites: the peep fried chicken platter. I noticed the price had gone up to $15.99. When the Springfield eateries first opened, this platter was $13.99--which I thought wasn't too bad, considering the decent portion size and having an AP discount.

Raising food prices is normal practice and not surprising...just like ticket prices and parking go up. However, at $15.99, I probably won't be ordering this platter as much any more, as I think it's a poor value now. I didn't think to take note of the other menu items, but assume most of them have increased as well. Has anyone else noticed food price increases? And would it affect what you order or do you just chalk it up to dining in a theme park?
I have noticed the price increases at restaurants in the parks. But I have also seen comprable price increases at restaurants well outside of parks.

I have eaten at Cowfish at CityWalk and also in Atlanta. I was surprised to see that the prices were the same.

$0.50 increase per year isn't that bad, only slightly higher than the rate of inflation.

Also factor in operational cost have also gone up, I think its very modest increase.

Last edited: