Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld / Aquatica San Diego

Aug 15, 2014
--Classified--
General thread for SeaWorld / Aquatica San Diego discussion.

Screamscape reports that a new rollercoaster attraction is being built at SeaWorld San Diego for 2018. Based on information gathered from a public notice and an email from the city it is more than likely going to be a clone of Tempesto from Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

This makes a lot of sense because SeaWorld typically orders each of their coasters with an option for a second at a lower price. They did this same thing when they built Cheetah Hunt (BGT) and then built Manta (SWSD), which are both Intamin LSM Launch Coasers. They also did this with Sheikra (BGT) and Griffon (BGW) as well as many other instances.

I wonder if we will be getting another hyper coaster, like Mako, at a different SW park based on this knowledge, but that's a different discussion.

Ummmm, Manta at SWC is a Mack, not an Intamin.

I wouldn't count on this coaster being built. The neighbors and the Coastal Commission are very anti-coaster. I remember the fight they gave SW over JTA out there...

Ummmm, Manta at SWC is a Mack, not an Intamin.

I wouldn't count on this coaster being built. The neighbors and the Coastal Commission are very anti-coaster. I remember the fight they gave SW over JTA out there...
Is it really? I must be confused. Do you know if the new launch coaster at SWSA is a Mack or Intamin? Maybe it is what I mean to refer to.

The new one at SA I think is Intamin. I don't know if they necessarily get package deals as much as use the same concepts multiple times. If they build one and it's a success, it just makes sense to replicate that success somewhere else, especially across a nation wide chain of parks. They liked the Manta ride they got from Mack in San Diego so they went back to Mack for Cobra's Curse. As for the rumored coaster for SD, those Premier coasters are relatively cheap and take up a small footprint so it's something that so many parks are adding now, just like it was Vekoma Boomerangs and SLCs popping up in parks around the world years ago.

There are already 5 of those coasters: https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=12598

At a price of less than $7 million, it's a lot of bang for the buck and is easy to squeeze into a park.

I heard about the contract thing from someone on this forum a while ago.

The coaster is a great price though. I just wonder if it will ever get built with the community oppositions that is bound to occur.

Well I'm guessing that's a digital screen behind them so it might not capture well in photos depending on the lighting.

SeaWorld San Diego for 2019: Tidal Twister

upload_2018-10-9_14-6-17.png

Tidal Twister Roller Coaster Ride I SeaWorld San Diego

Get Ready to Ride the Tide!
Coming in May 2019
- Feel the thrill of this unique dueling roller coaster ride featuring high-speed turns and upside-down twists.

Introducing Tidal Twister, an all-new dueling roller coaster, which will make its debut as a new attraction at SeaWorld San Diego in 2019. The first of its kind in the world, this unique ride is an exhilarating experience that demonstrates the power of the ocean.

Accelerating to 30 mph, riders will twist and bank as if they are riding the tide along a tight figure-8 track that includes dynamic Zero-G roll at the center section.

Two trains, holding 16 passengers each, load at opposite ends of the figure-8 and cross in the center with guests facing both forward and backward on the trains. A lower-height requirement (48") makes this a perfect ride for younger guests and families.

#RideTheTide2019

I have to wonder then, what 2020 may bring. Considering this and Electric Eel being smaller (IMO), and with all of the other SWPE locations getting something exciting..it makes me interested.

Oh, and 2019's looks fun. Interested to see how they adapt from the lessons learned with Harley Quinn at SFDK, and hopefully the ride can be more operational than the other.

I have to wonder then, what 2020 may bring. Considering this and Electric Eel being smaller (IMO), and with all of the other SWPE locations getting something exciting..it makes me interested.

Oh, and 2019's looks fun. Interested to see how they adapt from the lessons learned with Harley Quinn at SFDK, and hopefully the ride can be more operational than the other.

Speaking of 2020’s addition, they’re getting a B&M Dive Coaster named Mako. Excuse me, what?

https://behindthethrills.com/2019/0...4ao5fBrY1z3FU0gLc-2v-k7ZRqCz4pCuqXgZbeiNYotKE