Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2nd USH Gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't expect a 2nd a gate at USH. There are many issues to deal with:
-They need Hotels
-Rearrange studio
-Sound levels
-Lower lot

And if they do decide on a 2nd park, what will be the theme?

Don't expect a 2nd a gate at USH. There are many issues to deal with:
-They need Hotels
-Rearrange studio
-Sound levels
-Lower lot

And if they do decide on a 2nd park, what will be the theme?

1. They've already got that worked on with the Evolution Plan, Hotel #1 Fum Lumg, Hotel #2 CityWalk Preferred Parking Lot, if they wanted to they could also buy the Hilton and Sheraton hotels and either redevelop that land for new hotels or takeover ownership and do a simple rebranding.

2. They've done that before in the past many times and are doing that currently, but the land in question would require very little reworking on the studio.

3. Valid but running a park next to a neighborhood is a lot different than active sound-stages. There will certainly be restraints, but with Uni owning many of the homes that line the property, it's possible to work around. Have one side of the park feature mostly enclose rides, indoor shows, ect.

4. What about it?

5. IOA - West is what I would assume, or anything with a small body of water and tress.

THE LAND IN QUESTION:

USH 2nd Gate.jpg

The Psycho sets are not in the original location. They were originally closer to the Jaws attraction before they were moved to where they are now. They could move those sets again to make room for the second gate.

If they pull it off like what K_Peek mentioned, I could totally see a second gate happening there since Disney wants to build a third one. There's talk of them wanting to put a Sky Ride up to the Hollywood sign. Combine that with the second gate and CityWalk, and USH would be a destination place for sure.

EDIT: Wait, do you think that if the Olympics do end up happening, we could get a second gate for 2024?

Also just so many of our great friends on the forums didn't know this , but the FIFA World Cup is most likely coming to US on 2026 & Los Angeles is one of the main cities that's going to be hosting a good couple games ? I mean wouldn't they consider a second gate and if LA lands the olympics on 2024 & the World Cup on 2026 ? I think it's possible

Last edited:
1. They've already got that worked on with the Evolution Plan, Hotel #1 Fum Lumg, Hotel #2 CityWalk Preferred Parking Lot, if they wanted to they could also buy the Hilton and Sheraton hotels and either redevelop that land for new hotels or takeover ownership and do a simple rebranding.

2. They've done that before in the past many times and are doing that currently, but the land in question would require very little reworking on the studio.

3. Valid but running a park next to a neighborhood is a lot different than active sound-stages. There will certainly be restraints, but with Uni owning many of the homes that line the property, it's possible to work around. Have one side of the park feature mostly enclose rides, indoor shows, ect.

4. What about it?

5. IOA - West is what I would assume, or anything with a small body of water and tress.

THE LAND IN QUESTION:

View attachment 4514

Strangely, bar none if they can try; they could go to about 49 acres and not just 45. It would require terraforming a bit, but I think that would be somewhat plausible for them to get more land out of what they desire.

You know a guy who knows a guy who told you that Disney will somehow outdo DisneySea on a 3rd gate built on a 5o-something acre plot landlocked in the middle of Anaheim?

Okay.

I'm not saying Double is right becausse I don't know but Disney owns is closer to 100-120 acres. They own a good number of the RV / Trailer park land that surround the cast / convention parking lots.

I don't believe they will have a 3rd gate anytime soon , in the coming years they are going to focus on both parks , With California Adventures getting marvels land/Avengers Land & Disneyland Resort with SWL and possibly Tomorrowland getting a huge make over .

MC reported that Fantasyland would be next for after SWL (and I'd presume Marvel).

The Disneyland Resort really doesn't have any single plot of land large enough to house another gate park.

Disney has room for a third gate at the Toy Story parking lot and the adjacent cast member parking lot. Obviously, the parking would have to be replaced and expanded, but Disney has nearby plots of land where they can build parking structures. That said, I don't see this happening any time soon.

The Disneyland Resort really doesn't have any single plot of land large enough to house another gate park.

Uh what? Disney owns TONS of land surrounding Disneyland. It's all leased to various businesses right now (that's how they make money off it). In terms of park 3 the plot of land Disney currently owns is about 85 acres. There's a reason they want to build a massive parking structure on Disney Way....

Similarly, Universal would basically have to close down half, if not more, of their production facilities in Hollywood to free up land for another gate.

Universal could easily accommodate the Studio and 2 gates easily. The only actual working production tool that would need to be moved is Falls Lake and some of the old sets. Nobody would care if we lost Fast and Furious.

USH 2nd Gate Smaller.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I believe this about as much as I believe USH getting a second gate. The problem with both is space. The Disneyland Resort really doesn't have any single plot of land large enough to house another gate park. The fact that they were able to build California Adventure was astounding (I don't think people realize how small CA actually is. Pre Cars Land expansion, it barely clocked in at 60 acres... Just a little larger than Volcano Bay). The entire resort is basically surrounded by city. Its almost like claiming Universal Orlando is going to build a "4th" gate at the current resort site.

Similarly, Universal would basically have to close down half, if not more, of their production facilities in Hollywood to free up land for another gate. The theme parks are profitable, but not THAT profitable.

Disneyland has a large property that was planned for a third park. It is currently a parking lot and just down Harbor Blvd from Disneyland. It used to be a strawberry field. Plus they can buy up more of the old, dated hotels surrounding the area. I can see a third park there before a second one at USH.

Status
Not open for further replies.