Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Terminator 2:3D

^ This one's tough to answer. I do miss the show, but I also remember its horribly outdated preshow and queue. It was definitely one of the better (if not the best) 3D theater show at any theme park out there, but it didn't seem to draw in heavy numbers towards the end of its life.

I agree, regarding attendance to the show. It's sad how numbers seemed to drop, but I guess that every franchise seems to become outdated with the current crowds at one point. I personally loved the show and always was excited to see it, but sadly many people did not, or just never even noticed it because of its odd location. Minion Mayhem definitely draws in more of a crowd, though it's just not the kind of ride for me personally. I think the area around it looks great and most people love it, but I'm not much of a Minions fan. It probably would've been an impossible wish (considering that it's Universal Studios Hollywood), but I would have loved for T2:3D to have received a refurb and an updated Preshow and queue, and then had Minion Mayhem replace Shrek. The refurbishments seem unrealistic for them to have ever even considered, knowing their usual decision-making for the park, but I dreamed about it anyway. At least there's Florida and Japan to still visit.

Personally, I'll just say this.

While I'm still sad to see it go (as I think it had the Best 4D Movie in SoCal), I'm happy that they took the chance on upgrading the parks capacity with Despicable Me (I believe if you placed it in Shrek, we wouldn't of had the two theaters). While I wouldn't classify DMMM to be the "better" replacement, I get why they took the chance in the capacity increase rather than keeping an attraction that in ways, is sort-of dated in a way.

^ Have you seen Florida's updated preshow? It's...interesting.

I prefer the older one for sure (and really miss the old music). I feel like they tried a little too hard to incorporate Genisys, (or now just ideas from Genisys instead) into it. It's interesting now, to say at the least. I think that the advertising of other "projects" drives away some of the audience's attention, as it even sounded bland to me, a huge fan. It helped slightly with the outdated part of the Preshow, but I don't think that it made it much better.

I prefer the older one for sure (and really miss the old music). I feel like they tried a little too hard to incorporate Genisys, (or now just ideas from Genisys instead) into it. It's interesting now, to say at the least. I think that the advertising of other "projects" drives away some of the audience's attention, as it even sounded bland to me, a huge fan. It helped slightly with the outdated part of the Preshow, but I don't think that it made it much better.

Yeah, that's always been my point for the "what if."

Universal did remake the queue and preshow, and it's kind of bad in my opinion. They'd need to hire the original crew to retouch the attraction, but I'm not sure they're willing to do that.

Yeah, that's always been my point for the "what if."

Universal did remake the queue and preshow, and it's kind of bad in my opinion. They'd need to hire the original crew to retouch the attraction, but I'm not sure they're willing to do that.

They definitely won't do that. It's such a shame, as it really is a good show and could have potentially had audience reactions similar to Waterworld, if not for the outdated feel of the attraction. Okay, maybe not exactly like the general reaction to Waterworld, but it could've had a better one if Universal put more work into it. But I can't ever see Universal doing that, as they're much more fixated on their major money-grossing attractions than their older, less-popular ones. It makes some sense, but it's still upsetting nonetheless :/

I definitely still miss the show. A visit to the park doesn't feel complete without it. I'm a sucker for nostalgia, which sucks being a theme park fan where things are ever changing. 

I did get a chance to talk with Andy who played the best T800, in my opinion, during WWOHP technical rehearsals. It was good to find out he is still involved with the park. Super nice guy and he talked with my dad and I for 10 minutes or so. He was with the attraction from the first show to the last, in more capacities than just playing the T800.

Sad that it's gone. It was always my intention to return to see the show once in my life. Unfortunately that never happened.

And ofcourse the world can't have enough T23D shows ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Florida and Japan attractions are still open. Are you referring to the preshow? Because the main show (for now) is exactly the same.

The Florida and Japan attractions are still open. Are you referring to the preshow? Because the main show (for now) is exactly the same.

Yeah, referring to the new parts that they added to the Preshow. I'm glad that they're making an effort to try and show it some love, but I'm not fan of it. Plus, I really miss the music. Sounds silly, but it's sad for me to think that I'll never be able to walk into the Preshow room and hear the usual music. I know it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but like BruceTheShark, I also am a sucker for nostalgia.

Yeah, referring to the new parts that they added to the Preshow. I'm glad that they're making an effort to try and show it some love, but I'm not fan of it. Plus, I really miss the music. Sounds silly, but it's sad for me to think that I'll never be able to walk into the Preshow room and hear the usual music. I know it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but like BruceTheShark, I also am a sucker for nostalgia.

Sorry, I was referring to the post above mine from HopeOfTheFuture.

I do prefer the old music more!

Some recent 1:6 scale Terminator figures from me, all related to Terminator 2 3D.

T-800 with Mini-Hunter

Custom made Mini-hunter and plasma rifle (T23D style).

T23D_T800_1-6_01_web.jpg

T23D_T800_1-6_02_web.jpg

T23D_T800_1-6_03_web.jpg

T23D_T800_1-6_04_web.jpg

T23D_T800_1-6_05_web.jpg

T23D_T800_1-6_06_web.jpg

T23D_T800_1-6_07_web.jpg

T23D_T800_1-6_08_web.jpg

T23D_T800_1-6_09_web.jpg

T23D_T800_1-6_10_web.jpg

T23D_T800_1-6_11_web.jpg

T23D_T800_1-6_12_web.jpg

T23D_T800_1-6_13_web.jpg

T23D_T800_1-6_14_web.jpg

T23D_T800_1-6_15_web.jpg

T23D_T800_1-6_16_web.jpg

T23D_T800_1-6_17_web.jpg

Kimberley Duncan

I created this Kimberley Duncan using the various styles of clothing used throughout the years in the different Universal Studios venues (Florida, Hollywood and Japan). Each venue has/had its own style of clothing and I combined it into this figure. There is no definite Kimberley Duncan. I used the badges from Hollywood. At first I made one without the Universal Studios Hollywood text on the badge, but then it felt so empty and more square instead of a rectangle. So I added that back in. The stand also features a custom made Cyberdyne logo. It represents both Cyberdyne's corporate logo but also the booth she stands behind during the main show.
The pose is Kimberley saying "Ladies and gentlemen, this is Cyberdyne!"

T23D_KimberleyDuncan_1-6_01_web.jpg

T23D_KimberleyDuncan_1-6_02_web.jpg

T23D_KimberleyDuncan_1-6_03_web.jpg

T23D_KimberleyDuncan_1-6_04_web.jpg

T23D_KimberleyDuncan_1-6_05_web.jpg

T23D_KimberleyDuncan_1-6_06_web.jpg

T23D_KimberleyDuncan_1-6_07_web.jpg

T23D_KimberleyDuncan_1-6_08_web.jpg

T23D_KimberleyDuncan_1-6_09_web.jpg

T23D_KimberleyDuncan_1-6_10_web.jpg

T23D_KimberleyDuncan_1-6_11_web.jpg