Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement

I think they should just built other type of rides , They have many IP's that are way popular then Fallon , Like Dr.Suess, SLoP,Sing,Grinch & etc. Many parents that bring there kids to visit the park would be asking who is Fallon ? Plus Fallon isn't popular in the westcoast.

I hate to admit it, but Fallon is incredibly popular here in the West. He's known as fake but I know friends who would kill to attend the Tonight Show JUST for Fallon.

Sorry for the double post.

I think they should just built other type of rides , They have many IP's that are way popular then Fallon , Like Dr.Suess, SLoP,Sing,Grinch & etc. Many parents that bring there kids to visit the park would be asking who is Fallon ? Plus Fallon isn't popular in the westcoast.

Fallon, wouldn't be specifically for the West Coast.

The Tonight Show, has become; especially since Fallon, a worldwide brand that has been well known for many of it's skits and that it's even starting to appear on televised format in external countries outside of the United States.

Plus, and that you have to keep this in mind, Universal Studios Hollywood has been pushing the game (more-so than I'd say Orlando as of now) on making the park, not a random mish mash of attractions and IP's that feels out of place. They are making a genuine effort to make the park more consistent in the theming than any other universal theme park on the domestic side. And with a New York Street being highly rumored, especially as some are saying that SLoP is apparently back from the dead; it isn't a surprise that Fallon is being highly considered, for a multitude of reasons.

I have heard Fallon, and I will stand by on that. And if anything, it will be easier for Universal to bring that; as development cost will be more easier as it would be a pre-existing attraction (outside of constructing a new building, mind you) and that they will be more prepared and ready for the attraction, as they won't be using a shell of a former building in the process.

The Tonight Show, has become; especially since Fallon, a worldwide brand that has been well known for many of it's skits and that it's even starting to appear on televised format in external countries outside of the United States.

Plus, and that you have to keep this in mind, Universal Studios Hollywood has been pushing the game (more-so than I'd say Orlando as of now) on making the park, not a random mish mash of attractions and IP's that feels out of place. They are making a genuine effort to make the park more consistent in the theming than any other universal theme park on the domestic side. And with a New York Street being highly rumored, especially as some are saying that SLoP is apparently back from the dead; it isn't a surprise that Fallon is being highly considered, for a multitude of reasons.

I have heard Fallon, and I will stand by on that. And if anything, it will be easier for Universal to bring that; as development cost will be more easier as it would be a pre-existing attraction (outside of constructing a new building, mind you) and that they will be more prepared and ready for the attraction, as they won't be using a shell of a former building in the process.
If a new streets of NYC area is indeed being considered, a Comcast/Universal/NBC Bldg. & GP popular Race Through NY attraction makes nearly perfect theme park & business sense. Your theory seems very valid. :thumbsup:

Makes perfect sense now that you have explained it to me. My question is how much space would Fallon take ?

Makes perfect sense now that you have explained it to me. My question is how much space would Fallon take ?

Not much. It may possibly just not happen but considering the plans... ugh it's probably going to. However I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't open on its own.

Such a waste of real estate, I'll tell ya

I don't know how many of you saw IU's livestream with Mr. Green, but SS22-25 has been paved over. My theory is that this lot will be used as a staging area for SLOP and other lower lot projects before being developed itself.

Last edited:
I don't know how many of you saw IU's livestream with Mr. Green, but SS22-25 has been paved over. My theory is that this lot will be used as a staging area for SLOP and other lower lot projects before being developed itself.

Like at the time in 2015 when they used the paved street of SS28 to act for The Walking Dead?

Fascinating, which I would agree with that; as Secret Life, if that is what is next; should probably be going vertical by the end of the year.

Although, I would ask this; Was SS28's lot paved over again?

Heh I wonder if history will repeat itself and they'll first set a maze there before staging/construction.

So it sounds like USH is going to sit on their laurels when Star Wars opens and be like, "eh who cares?" for a few years. I really hope they build something by the end of the year because it's pretty discouraging to not see anything major on the horizon...at least for a minimum of two or three years.

Like at the time in 2015 when they used the paved street of SS28 to act for The Walking Dead?

Heh I wonder if history will repeat itself and they'll first set a maze there before staging/construction.

I am confident there won't be a maze in this lot ever. SS28 sat for over a year before it was considered for HHN. Plus they would have to pave a new road behind the 22-25 lot to accommodate trams, emergency vehicles, employees and other utilitarian purposes to eliminate the need for Lon Cheney Dr. Nothing that can support the guest experience will happen on 22-25 until that's been done.

Which is why I think it's going to be a staging area for construction.

I am confident there won't be a maze in this lot ever. SS28 sat for over a year before it was considered for HHN. Plus they would have to pave a new road behind the 22-25 lot to accommodate trams, emergency vehicles, employees and other utilitarian purposes to eliminate the need for Lon Cheney Dr. Nothing that can support the guest experience will happen on 22-25 until that's been done.

Which is why I think it's going to be a staging area for construction.

I agree 100% with you that there won't be any maze on that lot ever. But I do think we're gonna see construction in that lot around December!

From InsideUniversal themselves,

IMG_7133-1024x683.jpg

IMG_7139-1024x683.jpg

If you would like to see more photos of the new changes, along with more of projects like the upgrade for the Escalators to the Cartooniversal project; check the link above!

If they go through with using that space for SLOP I will kind of be disappointed. That seems like a HUGE amount of space for this kind of attraction. Seems like it would be a wasted opportunity for something else to go there.

Food for thought, what if that the rumored tour relocation will take over the SS28 plot?

Hmmmm, that might be cool if they were to build an indoor que where you walk around props a la the late NBCUniversal Experience. then exit out the other side of the building to the loading area.

And maybe Secret Life ride will only take up part of the area designated on the map unless they have some major plans for it or other connecting attractions (like a restaurant or playground). It certainly is a big section of land.

If they go through with using that space for SLOP I will kind of be disappointed. That seems like a HUGE amount of space for this kind of attraction. Seems like it would be a wasted opportunity for something else to go there.

With you on this.

Not a fan.

I feel like a Ghostbusters hooting ride would be better than SLoP. Nobody is talking about SLoP but everyone knows GB. It would be our answer to MIB and USH is the only park in SoCal without a traditional shooting ride. I mean, even god-forsaken Castle Park has one! C'mon now…

But, I know they would rather do a large SLoP attraction, so I can't excite myself for something that will never happen.

I feel like a Ghostbusters hooting ride would be better than SLoP. Nobody is talking about SLoP but everyone knows GB. It would be our answer to MIB and USH is the only park in SoCal without a traditional shooting ride. I mean, even god-forsaken Castle Park has one! C'mon now…

But, I know they would rather do a large SLoP attraction, so I can't excite myself for something that will never happen.

Food for thought, have you considered how interactive Mario Kart is probably going to be?

Hell, @Teebin mentioned in the past that the interactivity levels for the ride beats MiB by a landslide, and that I am more willing to welcome an IP that is classic by it's own right, and not a broken franchise.

As for SLoP, it'll do fine. I would doubt however that attraction taking that much space at this point.

As for SS28, I am curious to see what that turns out in the end. At this point, I am thinking and almost betting that it will be involved in the creation of the relocated Studio Tour plaza.