Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 104 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It wasn't from surveys. The WDW walk around characters were getting swamped with tourists and alterations were an issue because of the lack of a formal queue set up.

^^^^^
This

Stupid tourists in Orlando can't help themselves...they just have to push and shove and swarm the characters and touch inappropriately...

If only people were as decent down here as they are at the other Disney resorts, we might actually have free roaming characters still.
As I said, there's a noticeable difference in how people behave between Anaheim and Orlando.

However I think part of it also is to be chalked up to the fact that Magic Kingdom sees more guests than Disneyland and and has significantly fewer attractions, leaving more people with less to do.

Wasn't MK testing roaming characters a little while ago? I seem to remember somebody running around Fantasyland Forest, and one other thing that escapes me.

Is the DHS land supposed to be the exact same size as the one over here on the west coast? Because I feel like we have so much more room to the right side (near Critter Country) of our Battle Escape ride than DHS seems to have. But maybe not. It could just be the angle of the photo.

Is the DHS land supposed to be the exact same size as the one over here on the west coast? Because I feel like we have so much more room to the right side (near Critter Country) of our Battle Escape ride than DHS seems to have. But maybe not. It could just be the angle of the photo.
Idk if it's the same area but apparently our SWL could expand to a space behind GMR (soon M&MRR) that doesn't exist for DL.

So is Star Tours staying in the same spot? That doesnt make much sense.
Star Tours won't be around for much longer once SW:GE opens... it'll be rethemed to something else in all likelihood.

The Millennium Falcon ride will be fairly similar to it anyway... it'll be like a mix of Mission: Space and Star Tours.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
No yeah I know DHS has more expansion room but I'm talking about what's currently being built. It just seems more squished together than DL. But again it could just be the angle.

No yeah I know DHS has more expansion room but I'm talking about what's currently being built. It just seems more squished together than DL. But again it could just be the angle.
It's the angle. Both lands are identical except for space around them and the entrances/exists.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Well, Muppets is going to be backed up right next to the main entrance and Toy Story Land will be right next to the secondary entrance so that's probably why.

The lands are the same size at both parks though.

Reactions: Mike S
The loss of Star Tours is so unfortunate. Say what you will about it being old/dated compared to whatever fancy new simulator attractions that exist now... but its still a fun ride & experience. Honestly, I prefer Star Tours over a lot of the newer stationary simulator rides (Spidey/Transformers are not stationary).

I always expected the Millennium Falcon ride to be like Mission Space (which is a terrible ride/attraction). I'd hope they wouldn't just put a spinning carnival ride with a video screen inside a building again & call it "innovative", but I wouldn't be surprised. The fact that it basically is Mission Space 2.0 where guests have to pilot is kind of a huge turn off for me.

To me, it also feels awkward to have a Millennium Falcon in the land & have a ride of it as well. Unless its part of the ride facade sitting infront OR on top of the ride building... :cautious:

The loss of Star Tours is so unfortunate. Say what you will about it being old/dated compared to whatever fancy new simulator attractions that exist now... but its still a fun ride & experience. Honestly, I prefer Star Tours over a lot of the newer stationary simulator rides (Spidey/Transformers are not stationary).

I always expected the Millennium Falcon ride to be like Mission Space (which is a terrible ride/attraction). I'd hope they wouldn't just put a spinning carnival ride with a video screen inside a building again & call it "innovative", but I wouldn't be surprised. The fact that it basically is Mission Space 2.0 where guests have to pilot is kind of a huge turn off for me.

To me, it also feels awkward to have a Millennium Falcon in the land & have a ride of it as well. Unless its part of the ride facade sitting infront OR on top of the ride building... :cautious:
The Millennium Falcon ride will not be a centrifuge. As far as I've heard it will be kuka arms on a track like Harry Potter with an enclosed capsule with a screen like Sum of All Thrills. Except you get to control it as you're riding it.

I think we're doing it a disservice when we compare it to Mission Space. And there's a small bit of hysteria on Twitter right now because the circle footprint shape of the ride is making people think it will spin like MS. It's a lot more interesting than that, plus more family friendly.

The track is round so the ride vehicles can move forward through it endlessly. But they will move more like Forbidden Journey than Mission Space... Right? That is what it'll be right?

Reactions: HereWeGo and Mike S
The potential removal of Star Tours is a double-edged sword. On one hand, it has served its purpose for the time-being. For a Star Wars ride, it will feel out-of-place once Galaxy's Edge opens and it doesn't care about the current Star Wars canon. They want their rides to within canon of the universe so it makes sense.

On another hand, DHS can't have another ride closed even with all of the new additions up and running. I'm dumb-founded how a park that needs more rides is obsessed with closing more.

Reactions: SeventyOne