Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This forum should've stayed with it's old name. If Universal didn't acquire the Nintendo IP, they'd be a goner. So much greatness was announced from Disney.

People are saying the SW hotel will have an entrance into SW land.

giphy.webp

Reactions: jtsalien
This forum should've stayed with it's old name. If Universal didn't acquire the Nintendo IP, they'd be a goner. So much greatness was announced from Disney.

Mike, as someone who's been around for a while and knows you're a positive member of this forum, I beg you. Please don't go down this road again. I don't want you booted. It's going to be a long road to 2019/2020 if we're starting SNW vs Star Wars/the 50th already. Let's pace ourselves :lol:

But that's an interesting point about the land. How can they handle early access or EMH with it? This is relatively new for Disney. You cant just run the rides. You could potentially need all your actors and actresses. Or do you tell the family paying $2.5K they don't get the full experience until everyone else does?

Reactions: Mike S
As many have mentioned in this thread about going into the cantina or some of the more iconic places in SW, I'm thinking that is where the hotel scratches that itch. Full, immersive experience where you get dressed up and go sit in the cantina (or maybe Jabba's Palace?:drool:) and are part of all the action. How cool would it be to see Jabba on his throne with Sy Snootles on stage? They could really do a lot with this, and based on the proposed pricing I would almost expect this.

As many have mentioned in this thread about going into the cantina or some of the more iconic places in SW, I'm thinking that is where the hotel scratches that itch. Full, immersive experience where you get dressed up and go sit in the cantina (or maybe Jabba's Palace?:drool:) and are part of all the action. How cool would it be to see Jabba on his throne with Sy Snootles on stage? They could really do a lot with this, and based on the proposed pricing I would almost expect this.

Except they are saying that the theme of the hotel is of an interstellar flight, so they couldn't use land based locations. They would have to be imitations of the Tatooine locations.

How cool would it be to see Jabba on his throne with Sy Snootles on stage?
Except they are saying that the theme of the hotel is of an interstellar flight, so they couldn't use land based locations. They would have to be imitations of the Tatooine locations.
And you know... Jabba's dead.

WyTMLu.gif

This is all taking place during the current trilogy, with Kylo Ren and the First Order and all.

Reactions: fryoj
Well, there could be excursions during the interstellar cruise. Look, if the hyrolators were able to take us below sea level, I'm sure you can board a transport that will take you to Tatooine. Although it is hot and sandy and that irritating sand gets everywhere.

I thought people here would be more excited for what was announced, but I guess most of it was confirmation of details we already knew. But I also am consistently struck by the nitpicking and negativity of the Internet. I don't even like Star Wars that much and everything looks like a dream come true if you're a fan.

I thought people here would be more excited for what was announced, but I guess most of it was confirmation of details we already knew. But I also am consistently struck by the nitpicking and negativity of the Internet. I don't even like Star Wars that much and everything looks like a dream come true if you're a fan.
It's the mood of America right now. People are tensr and irritable.

It's the mood of America right now. People are more tense and irritable.

I think that it stems from a couple more reasons, too. One, several of these new attractions were rumored and talked about a great deal, as SpyderDan mentioned. Two, many of the people in these forums have very high expectations of the parks and their ideas about what makes the parks special. Even myself. The amount of money being spent on Galaxy's Edge is mind-boggling for two rides. That doesn't detract from what is coming but it does open up the gates for nitpicking. GoTG in EPCOT is a sore spot for those who really appreciated the first version. So, we're probably much more cynical about what is being added. Three, UNI's opening of rides in back-to-back fashion has us wishing that Disney would do the same. We're a little impatient because WDW kept sinking into mediocrity with just meet-n-greets to supposedly count as new attraction.s

That being said, waiting for 2019 and 2021 is going to be difficult. I keep checking for new updates from BioReconstruct daily.

The marketing specifically talked about "your" Star Wars story on this new planet. It doesn't sound like "reliving" the past films is really in the cards.

What does the forum name have anything to do with this announcement? UOR isn't "going" anywhere. It's nice to see Disney FINALLY step up their game with the recent Pandora, and all these park improvements, but let's not pretend these improvements and additions weren't a long time coming.

That 100% will not be the case. When Star Wars land opens (at DL), it will have both attractions open with it.

I'm not so sure about that. Didn't they specify the "first part" of the land would open in 2019? emphasizing the land may open before the rides do?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that it stems from a couple more reasons, too. One, several of these new attractions were rumored and talked about a great deal, as SpyderDan mentioned. Two, many of the people in these forums have very high expectations of the parks and their ideas about what makes the parks special. Even myself. The amount of money being spent on Galaxy's Edge is mind-boggling for two rides. That doesn't detract from what is coming but it does open up the gates for nitpicking. GoTG in EPCOT is a sore spot for those who really appreciated the first version. So, we're probably much more cynical about what is being added. Three, UNI's opening of rides in back-to-back fashion has us wishing that Disney would do the same. We're a little impatient because WDW kept sinking into mediocrity with just meet-n-greets to supposedly count as new attraction.s

That being said, waiting for 2019 and 2021 is going to be difficult. I keep checking for new updates from BioReconstruct daily.

It's great to see the announcements and this is what Disney needed.... several years ago. This is a big game of catch up. Epcot and DHS will still have several issues. DAK will not have a new addition in half a decade. MK hasn't had a new e ticket in over 20 years. This is all good and positive but I can't help but feel it's a one time push for the 50th. Sustained change is needed.

The marketing specifically talked about "your" Star Wars story on this new planet. It doesn't sound like "reliving" the past films is really in the cards.

I think the role-playing aspects of this land is far better than them beating a dead horse by regurgitating more of the same Star Wars moments. Disney, to this point both on screen and in merchandise, has done nothing original at all with Star Wars.

I am very interested to see how the ''interactivity" functions. If it works, then it will be one of the most immersive experiences that the parks (including competing parks) have to offer. If it doesn't work, than it'll just be a gimmick that disappears soon after the land opens. I personally hope it works.

Reactions: Mike S