Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well I guess that answers the question of "Will WDW catch up to DL". I can't imagine that the first one to open would be WDW since it is a significant amount of work behind DL plus it makes sense that they would want DL to already be open during the next D23 Expo.

I can dig it. I feel like they may also add the name of the planet in there like Galaxy's Edge: Tatooine (except not Tatooine).

Also, a user on Reddit came up with that idea, I'm just piggybacking off of it.

Reactions: Alicia
Cats out of the bag:

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge

G01Ye.gif

Reactions: belloq87
I'm happy with it because it could've been a lot worse if they tried any harder, to be honest. At least the name starts with the title of the franchise instead of ends with it like Pandora: The World of Avatar.

To me, I would've thought that Disney would've just called it by the planet it would be located from (which I do think we'll get confirmation for that), and that Galaxy's Edge seems..a bit off.

That's just my side of the coin, but I don't hate the name, and that at the end of the day, the GP will call the land "Star Wars Land" and not use the actual name.

That's just my side of the coin, but I don't hate the name, and that at the end of the day, the GP will call the land "Star Wars Land" and not use the actual name.

So true. Same goes for Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Most people I know just call it "Harry Potter World/Land".

Reactions: jtsalien
I don't know how you can call it "generic' at all. It looks just like something out of Star Wars. If anything it's like a Star Wars "greatest hits".
That is the biggest problem I have with this.
I was (and am) hoping the Disney Company would go for multiple themed Star Wars Lands at WDW. To put a best off in there it would be harder to pull that off again. Above that I miss the movie locations I want to visit and stay in. I want the real cantina (make 4 of them with a hub to handle the crowds but when I'm in there I want to feel like Han sitting in that booth listening to the band.
But it is what it is and I'm sure it 'll push the theme park business as Uni did with Potter and that is a huge positive.

Regafding the early 2019 opening, is be willing to bet that's an opening for just the land, and that not all the rides or experiences will be ready Day 1.