Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Star Tours (DHS)

If there's an expensive way to produce a film, I'm sure Disney will find it.

Bring back Body Wars!
With these films not using live actors and not really paying the voice actors much (even the Iron Man ride didn't use RDJ's voice), it's hard to spend all that much on the film.

I'd expect whatever they do to cost somewhere in the ballpark of ~$50M.

I'm just really bummed out this isn't being integrated into Galaxy's Edge. With current management's penchant for attractions that can be easily updated to promote the latest movies, Star Tours is a no-brainer format for that with the way they have been adding new planet destinations every couple of movies.

The problem I see, is that what will fit in DHS, might not fit into DL. I can also see DL getting a Tomorrowland redo if MK gets one.

My ideal scenario would be that Iron Man goes to DL and brings a Stark Expo feel to Tomorrowland as I think it will fit the area, even with Marvel across the road. Star Tours and Backlot Express goes completely from DHS and frees up the land there to put in an Indiana Jones ride and restaurant to compliment the show.

ij.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just really bummed out this isn't being integrated into Galaxy's Edge. With current management's penchant for attractions that can be easily updated to promote the latest movies, Star Tours is a no-brainer format for that with the way they have been adding new planet destinations every couple of movies.
I like Star Tours, but at the same time, i'm not sure how much i'll miss it. Also, I really was down on the ride when Jakku was a default first mission for about a year. Now i'm sure it'll be the same thing with this new destination, too.

Basically, the ride makes no sense within the realm of Star Wars canon since they switched to ST2.0, so losing it, when we have an entire land based on the franchise, for maybe a lesser IP to get a ride isn't something i'll really be too upset about.

The problem I see, is that what will fit in DHS, might not fit into DL. I can also see DL getting a Tomorrowland redo if MK gets one.

My ideal scenario would be that Iron Man goes to DL and brings a Stark Expo feel to Tomorrowland as I think it will fit the area, even with Marvel across the road. Star Tours and Backlot Express goes completely from DHS and frees up the land there to put in an Indiana Jones ride and restaurant to compliment the show.
People keep saying Indiana Jones, but that's the lazy way out for Indy imo. There are two better rides out there with the Indy IP than what the ST/Body Wars system is.

Anyway, I think that The Incredibles or even something like Wall-E could be good guesses, but who knows, maybe they just decide to bulldoze the building and the restaurant next to it and start from scratch?

I like Star Tours, but at the same time, i'm not sure how much i'll miss it. Also, I really was down on the ride when Jakku was a default first mission for about a year. Now i'm sure it'll be the same thing with this new destination, too.

Basically, the ride makes no sense within the realm of Star Wars canon since they switched to ST2.0, so losing it, when we have an entire land based on the franchise, for maybe a lesser IP to get a ride isn't something i'll really be too upset about.

People keep saying Indiana Jones, but that's the lazy way out for Indy imo. There are two better rides out there with the Indy IP than what the ST/Body Wars system is.

Anyway, I think that The Incredibles or even something like Wall-E could be good guesses, but who knows, maybe they just decide to bulldoze the building and the restaurant next to it and start from scratch?

That was my original thought. There is a lot of land to do something great with and like you, I'd rather see something original and new than a clone from other areas.

I could see a huge backlash if the Indy show goes given the poor reception to GMR closing.

With The Incredibles 2 coming, I think that would be the best option and would turn DHS into a more complete park.

dhs acres.JPG

I could see a huge backlash if the Indy show goes given the poor reception to GMR closing.
Disney closed Tower of Terror at DCA to poor reception only for it to open 8 months later to overwhelming praise for the most part. If Disney is willing to close The Great Movie Ride, nothing else at DHS is safe either.

Disney is willing to take the initial backlash because they feel confidant that what will replace it will be received even better than what is currently there.

Disney closed Tower of Terror at DCA to poor reception only for it to open 8 months later to overwhelming praise for the most part. If Disney is willing to close The Great Movie Ride, nothing else at DHS is safe either.

Disney is willing to take the initial backlash because they feel confidant that what will replace it will be received even better than what is currently there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure people could love whatever they build but this would be removing the last original attraction from when the park opened which makes it slightly more significant.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure people could love whatever they build but this would be removing the last original attraction from when the park opened which makes it slightly more significant.
I get the significance of what IJSS represents and it's easily my favorite show at DHS, but at the same time, it's also blocking expansion into the parking lot. If Disney ever wants to do that, the show will need to go.

Hell, it almost did before SW:GE got moved to the backside of the park.

I just think that's an opportunity to upgrade it to a 3.0 version, give it even more of an overhaul than the first time around, make it fit within canon, maybe even toss in a little Star Tours easter egg in one of the films. There's just so much they can do with it.

Is this an educated guess, or something you've heard? And do you mean Star Tours stays, or just gets totally demolished?
mar12_pat_on_clear_land.jpg

The lake, the entire Sounds Dangerous building, Indy, Backlot Express, and Star Tours all flattened.

Clean slate.
Lot's of space to do stuff with so i'm totally cool with this and by getting rid of the Sounds Dangerous building, it will make the park feel a lot more open and a lot bigger. I assume that "SD Building" means the part of the building where Frozen currently is as well since the whole thing is connected.

Do you know if they are thinking of expanding into the parking lot or if that's not even a consideration?

Even more room if they blow out into the parking lot for show buildings like the original plans were for...