Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 25: The Purge

In case anyone was wondering, they changed the wig of the Drew Barrymore corpse in the outdoor scene. The Drew Barrymore in the first scene is still there, though. And there's a look-alike (hair, face, body type) playing a "Purge victim" in the bathroom scene.

Also, saw a plant for the first time tonight. Really cool!

This house was such a disappointment, more so because you could see the potential that Scream had. Literally walked through recognizing what each scene should've been. The cast was also lackluster, maybe I had a bad run but this house is easily worst of the event for me with Run.

Scream broke my heart, especially seeing Steve, Casey, and recognizing other parts of it that would have been phenomenal. But they really did a decent job in making it into Purge. The blonde girl that jumped thru the kitchen in the mask had the same manic energy that the one in the movie did.

Did anyone else experience a special little something going thru the Purge house? Experienced it Saturday night for the first time and was pretty cool to see
First time I went though the house it happened in front of my friend so I didnt notice the setup and didnt realize it was a setup until I spotted the earplugs. Really caught me off guard and was really cool to see. Funny thing was the day before while in line for Run I was saying how cool it would be if they did that in that house.

Not sure when, but a "barker" has been added outside the Purge, as you round the final corner into the house. Variation on the prep school kid from the first film, basically saying how we're all going to die, but seemed to be having fun interacting with the line.

House is still meh, but at least the wait is improved.

Not sure when, but a "barker" has been added outside the Purge, as you round the final corner into the house. Variation on the prep school kid from the first film, basically saying how we're all going to die, but seemed to be having fun interacting with the line.

He's been there off and on since the beginning just seems more often not there than there. I think I saw the actor from last year doing it a few nights ago.

He was there second weekend right during open. It just depends.

Only saw him on preview night. Last night when we got in line, he was there but when we got near the front there was a cast change 20 minutes before and he was not there anymore.

I know I'm about 2 years too late, but hopefully someone will see this that can explain.

Was there a plant or employee pretending to be a maze visitor for this one? I tried to look it up but couldn't find any details or specifics.

Me and my wife were walking through the first few scenes and I remember a girl, dressed in normal clothes, nothing out of the ordinary, standing behind a wall trying to scare people. She kinda gave us a lazy "boo", which slightly startled the wife. I laughed, the girl laughed, then she proceeded to walk behind us, seemingly with the people that were in back of us. After walking through several more scenes, I recall hearing behind us "they took her", not fully knowing what was playing out. I thought it was weird that the girl was out of the path of the maze and attempting to scare people, but then again, figured she just had too much to drink. I kept glancing back every now and again to see if she was going to do it again, but I didn't see her with the people behind us. Even once we were done and outside of the purge, we waited to see her come out, maybe a few groups behind us, but she never did. So I figured she was planted there in the maze as a show element, but I didn't see how.

Can anyone tell me how this worked, or how the scare was played out? Did a scareactor come and take her that we didn't see? Were there several plant rotations that were used? I've always heard of these types of scares but never see them.

I know I'm about 2 years too late, but hopefully someone will see this that can explain.

Was there a plant or employee pretending to be a maze visitor for this one? I tried to look it up but couldn't find any details or specifics.

Me and my wife were walking through the first few scenes and I remember a girl, dressed in normal clothes, nothing out of the ordinary, standing behind a wall trying to scare people. She kinda gave us a lazy "boo", which slightly startled the wife. I laughed, the girl laughed, then she proceeded to walk behind us, seemingly with the people that were in back of us. After walking through several more scenes, I recall hearing behind us "they took her", not fully knowing what was playing out. I thought it was weird that the girl was out of the path of the maze and attempting to scare people, but then again, figured she just had too much to drink. I kept glancing back every now and again to see if she was going to do it again, but I didn't see her with the people behind us. Even once we were done and outside of the purge, we waited to see her come out, maybe a few groups behind us, but she never did. So I figured she was planted there in the maze as a show element, but I didn't see how.

Can anyone tell me how this worked, or how the scare was played out? Did a scareactor come and take her that we didn't see? Were there several plant rotations that were used? I've always heard of these types of scares but never see them.
I believe there was. I didn't see it in person though.

Yes, there was a plant. One of the highlights of the house. Basically, Ops would stagger the line a bit whenever the actor was about to jump in. Regular guests would have no clue what just happened since the plant literally eased on in. About two rooms later.... SNATCH!

Yes, there was a plant. One of the highlights of the house. Basically, Ops would stagger the line a bit whenever the actor was about to jump in. Regular guests would have no clue what just happened since the plant literally eased on in. About two rooms later.... SNATCH!

Wow. That's awesome. Timing IS everything with HHN. Wish Orlando allowed video, that would've been great to witness.

Only time at any event in my life where this actually surprised me. Usually, it's very obvious, but it was done so well here.