Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: The Purge

I think the big question with this zone is, will they use Election Year characters and themes given our nation's current political atmosphere? Or will they stick to content from the first two films?

I think the big question with this zone is, will they use Election Year characters and themes given our nation's current political atmosphere? Or will they stick to content from the first two films?

As someone pointed out on Nightmares, the way it's being phrased sounds like it's intended as a "Universal Purge".

So they could end up doing Universal inspired Purge people instead of Election Year stuff.

I do not know if I had posted this before or not. Last time the Purge was there, the social media group (or someone) was out taping some stuff....she asked if they could interview, they wouldn't w/o my wife being there w/ her. It went a lot better than they expected, but secretly I hoped they wouldn't use it as HHN is not for all youngins, but she just loves it so much....I did see that year the girl they had stopped to interview (b4 my daughter made them stick around a little longer)....a scare actor really did scare the heck out of the girl they used on the web to promote the event that year.

36665857491_a212341f64_c.jpg

The Purge has returned to Halloween Horror Nights™ and overrun the streets of New York. No one is safe. With iconic characters and disturbing scenes from all three films, there's nowhere to hide. Whether you revel in the chaos or just fight to survive, you'll be a part of a proud American tradition. United we purge.

I do not know if I had posted this before or not. Last time the Purge was there, the social media group (or someone) was out taping some stuff....she asked if they could interview, they wouldn't w/o my wife being there w/ her. It went a lot better than they expected, but secretly I hoped they wouldn't use it as HHN is not for all youngins, but she just loves it so much....I did see that year the girl they had stopped to interview (b4 my daughter made them stick around a little longer)....a scare actor really did scare the heck out of the girl they used on the web to promote the event that year.

36665857491_a212341f64_c.jpg

Wow, not many kids that age could handle HHN. Look out when she grows up - might be making cult movies for a living!

I've never seen any of the movies. Will watching just the first one suffice?

First one sets the stage on what the Purge is about, but takes place in one locale. The next 2 expand the story and take place on the streets. I'd prob watch 1 & 3, just because 3 is the last one.

Wow, not many kids that age could handle HHN. Look out when she grows up - might be making cult movies for a living!

She's a little older now :)

Trust me, it was not an easy decision (letting her come and try it out). We went a few times w/o her, but we talked to families when we saw kids around her age to get their take on bringing younger kids.

I felt ok the first time since we stay on site. I knew we could always leave if it wasn't working out and then just go the next night and have her stay at the hotel club or something (or just blow off HHN altogether), but it worked out and she is a bigger fan than I.

We went a lot for 25, but we tend to shoot for four nights....the year they had Freddy vrs Jason, by the 3rd walk through (different nights same week) Freddy Scareactors where fist bumbling her (as she was always calling out for Freddy to win.

Last bit, the wife heard from someone w/ a teenager via the interwebs one year. We met up there to sort of help out with little things....it was the coolest learning for me though...see this girl is some sort of aspiring make up artist...someone at UNI was impressed with her work, but she was only something like 16 years old.

They flew her and her mom down, gave them tickets to a night, put them up in a hotel room....and let her hang w/ some of the makeup artist who get the actors ready before the event starts....it just gave me a new respect for UOR's employees that they would go to that extent to show someone what the biz is like...that really touched me, hearing this families story, being able to help out (we drive so it was no issue to bring up things like milk, cereal, little things like that!

She's a little older now :)

Trust me, it was not an easy decision (letting her come and try it out). We went a few times w/o her, but we talked to families when we saw kids around her age to get their take on bringing younger kids.

I felt ok the first time since we stay on site. I knew we could always leave if it wasn't working out and then just go the next night and have her stay at the hotel club or something (or just blow off HHN altogether), but it worked out and she is a bigger fan than I.

We went a lot for 25, but we tend to shoot for four nights....the year they had Freddy vrs Jason, by the 3rd walk through (different nights same week) Freddy Scareactors where fist bumbling her (as she was always calling out for Freddy to win.

Last bit, the wife heard from someone w/ a teenager via the interwebs one year. We met up there to sort of help out with little things....it was the coolest learning for me though...see this girl is some sort of aspiring make up artist...someone at UNI was impressed with her work, but she was only something like 16 years old.

They flew her and her mom down, gave them tickets to a night, put them up in a hotel room....and let her hang w/ some of the makeup artist who get the actors ready before the event starts....it just gave me a new respect for UOR's employees that they would go to that extent to show someone what the biz is like...that really touched me, hearing this families story, being able to help out (we drive so it was no issue to bring up things like milk, cereal, little things like that!
I was behind a mother and her 9 year old son last year, they had a blast through Exorcist and AHS. Lost them after those but as you say it all depends on the kid.