Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

^Given my love of World Showcase, it's a shame that house was a disappointment.

Grilling With Guns, who has been to 11 HHNs, has said that 27 is better than 25. Didn't get to 25 but I'm hoping he's right!

Last edited:
The Running Man (1987)

Funny thing about that actually, all of the songs in the queue came out in 1987, the same year that "The Running Man" came out. My friend adored that house. I thought it was ok but didn't quite live up to the premise or it's heritage.

Personally, while Ash v ED isn't my favorite house, I think it's a more effective "fun" house, mainly because of the music and overall irreverence.

^

Grilling With Guns, who has been to 11 HHNs, has said that 27 is better than 25. Didn't get to 25 but I'm hoping he's right!

This is something I've been thinking about... IMO 27 wins mazes and scarezones especially once more is added to Festival of the Deadliest. What 25 had that 27 doesn't was an Jack and a (prevalent) overarching theme. The fact that we can even compare 27 to 25 is a testament to the strength of this years line up though...

Run: Blood, Sweat, and Fears at HHN25. It's possible a good "run" of that house didn't exist.

I had a perfect run for Run a couple years ago; it existed! :lol:

The Running Man (1987)

That house was literally the worst. The posted wait was like 40 mins so we said may as well... except we waited well over an hour, and got... that. Live and learn I suppose

^Given my love of World Showcase, it's a shame that house was a disappointment.

I should clairify. I was being a bit tongue in check earlier. @SeventyOne made a great point about timing. It is why I try to go multiple nights.

The 1st time I went to HHN with my wife, I was looking forward to the Alice Cooper house. I went one night that year, caught AC as part of the AP event. The queue music was off, the house music was too low, most rooms looked as if actors should have been there...I mean I walked into a room with a stripper pole, no people, no other props...so I knew something was missing.

The 1st AWiL was great, that cop and his whistle always got me even when I knew he would be there, the puppets where great, 2nd year, not the same cop, not the same place...the puppets were dark when I hit the rooms.

For 25, we tried to use most of what RoF provided, so I kept giving Run a try, but always seemed to hit rooms when actors were working a different area of the conga.

So, I get timing, compensated by add more days to get more walk through s, but still had bad luck with Run.

Funny thing about that actually, all of the songs in the queue came out in 1987, the same year that "The Running Man" came out. My friend adored that house. I thought it was ok but didn't quite live up to the premise or it's heritage.

Personally, while Ash v ED isn't my favorite house, I think it's a more effective "fun" house, mainly because of the music and overall irreverence.

Great observations (on my belief that the whole park is a planned show with a soundtrack to 'dance' to (read actors need something to build a rhythm around).

This is something I've been thinking about... IMO 27 wins mazes and scarezones especially once more is added to Festival of the Deadliest. What 25 had that 27 doesn't was an Jack and a (prevalent) overarching theme. The fact that we can even compare 27 to 25 is a testament to the strength of this years line up though...

Good to hear, I have not been paying attention to anything this year, just sort of hoping that if I go, I will see for myself when I get there.

You have to walk through the entire plaza of switchbacks. I went through my second time yesterday, I found it actually quite funny. You're walking for so long, probably like 10 minutes of walking.
Hm, that sounds like something they will/should fix in the near term. I don't know this to be the case this year, but in the past the event staff has taken quite some time to adjust to HHN each year.

You have to walk through the entire plaza of switchbacks. I went through my second time yesterday, I found it actually quite funny. You're walking for so long, probably like 10 minutes of walking.

So did the exit shorten any this year? I thought I may have jokes last year that they could grow capacity in the way they keep making folks walk more :)

Marketing must hate front line employees :)

I was looking at the meal plan they tend to offer passholders. I am not even sure if I was looking in the right place...but for what I saw, the wording is trickey to me.

With freestyle, it is $5 more, but the wording makes it sound like you still need to buy a cup, which is not what I recall from last year. It's not a big deal as I am sure we can round up some cups for them to recharge, but I live too far to go home to pick up said cups.

This year, I also do not see any rules on if they expire, I recall last year having all this talk about having to use them this month only or something.

I never understand what they are pushing.

On a side note (I will not talk about the content) did they change survey notices to 'extremely confidential'? I do not recall seeing that verbiage before, but man did I give them a piece of my mind when I was allowed to use my words :)

Is it down to a timing thing with no scares ?

Timing is always a big issue, but this year, it's make-or-break for Fallen and Shining, which seem to reload gags more slowly. Both are very good if you hit the scares, somewhat boring otherwise.

Yeah and SAW is also a make or break house depending on timing. the traps are great if you can catch them, but it is easy to miss them
seems like this year is all about timing whether you get a great run or not

I was looking at the meal plan they tend to offer passholders. I am not even sure if I was looking in the right place...but for what I saw, the wording is trickey to me.

With freestyle, it is $5 more, but the wording makes it sound like you still need to buy a cup, which is not what I recall from last year. It's not a big deal as I am sure we can round up some cups for them to recharge, but I live too far to go home to pick up said cups.

Last year they tried to force me to buy a new cup each time and I practically begged them to let me recharge the cup that I was literally holding in my hand. Thunder Terrace Falls wouldn't have it and I walked out with another cup. Monster's Cafe, they pulled a manager and the manager said to recharge my cup. It was bizarre.

I did The Shining at closing yesterday when it had no wait and it still took a good 5-7 minutes of walking just to get through that concert yard of switchbacks.

Last year they tried to force me to buy a new cup each time and I practically begged them to let me recharge the cup that I was literally holding in my hand. Thunder Terrace Falls wouldn't have it and I walked out with another cup. Monster's Cafe, they pulled a manager and the manager said to recharge my cup. It was bizarre.

I get it. I don't mind them having a policy (maybe I didn't do the discounted quick service meal deal), but the cups and all, I just wish they could get everyone to follow the same plan...I've used the cups for the$1 or so refills, but you get a different answer from every employee.

I recall years looking for something they offered in the passholder thing they send out, only to take days to find someone who even knows what the heck we were talking about.

I just feel like it would work out better if their employees were informed of the same rules.

Heck, I think it was 25 when they sometimes changed who could go from RoF to FF. My daughter's B-day is towards the end of OCT and we were thinking about trying to go one more night to HHN. We asked, they wouldn't do it at the same time the party at the desk one rep over were getting the same thing done...they were six people, we were three.

They were locals, we always stay on site...the person helping us seemed shocked they we didn't want to buy one day tickets, and then even more confused when they heard us explains to our daughter that we wouldn't go...oh I remember, it was a Sunday and we were leaving. She wanted to reprint our tickets and we were all like, no need, we are on our way home and our tickets were only a boat ride away (we had checked out, but our luggage was still at the hotel.

Sort of felt good to me as I had told the family it was completely on them if we would visit again...they lost a good chunk of $$ from me that year :)