Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

So... browsing the Internet and watching videos of the Orlando and Hollywood events, why are the similar houses so different on each coast?

Like with Shining very few scenes are the same. Further, Hollywood doesn't seem to have nearly as many characters as Orlando represented. Hollywood's Jacks are all full face masks. Orlando's are prosthetic pieces.

Why such different approaches to the same IP by the same company?

So... browsing the Internet and watching videos of the Orlando and Hollywood events, why are the similar houses so different on each coast?

Like with Shining very few scenes are the same. Further, Hollywood doesn't seem to have nearly as many characters as Orlando represented. Hollywood's Jacks are all full face masks. Orlando's are prosthetic pieces.

Why such different approaches to the same IP by the same company?
Different crew designing each and a smaller pool of actors to choose from in Orlando probably both go into this.

Different crew designing each and a smaller pool of actors to choose from in Orlando probably both go into this.

But Orlando has more actors/characters in theirs and has the prosthetics and not the cartoony full masks.

Also the Hedge Maze in Hollwood is 90% black flats. Orlandos is all hedge panels. It's weird.

But Orlando has more actors/characters in theirs and has the prosthetics and not the cartoony full masks.

Also the Hedge Maze in Hollwood is 90% black flats. Orlandos is all hedge panels. It's weird.
Weird. Another difference is the dimensions of the the mazes, but that shouldn’t contribute that much to the radical differences.

Finnigans holding was a complete waste tonight. Shining is immediately delayed and so is Dead Waters. Safe to say I’m not too happy since I can’t go in anything else.

The wait times were incredibly bad compared to the same time last year. Last year, this weekend would pull in a 2 hour wait for AHS and everything else would be 5-40 minutes.

We only managed to get through 3 houses before we needed Express for the rest of the night and we can usually get through 5 or 6.

^If that means the event is pulling in more people, I think Uni is A OK with that.

I assume the originals have substantially lower wait times compared to the IPs? Obv gotta hit Shining first thing.

^That's odd. I remember Tomb and Ghost Town last year having pretty short waits.

I assume Sun, Wed and Thu nights are less crowded than Fri and Sat? Reason I ask is because those are the nights for which my FFP is good.

Almost everything pulled roughly equal times. AHS and Scarecrow were somewhat higher.
This is what happens when there isn't one big IP to draw guests in. If The Conjuring didn't fall through, I'm sure wait times would have been a much different story.

^That's odd. I remember Tomb and Ghost Town last year having pretty short waits.

I assume Sun, Wed and Thu nights are less crowded than Fri and Sat? Reason I ask is because those are the nights for which my FFP is good.
The line has been becoming blurred the past year or two. I'm sure people with more firsthand experience can comment, but the cheaper tickets make the other days more appealing and thus crowded.

How accurate are the wait times on the Uni app? The longest wait time I have seen for AHS was 80 mins, but it seems to be averaging 50-60 mins since last weekend. Even at 80 mins that's still much better than the 2+ hour wait time last year. Am I being to optimistic that these times are accurate? Lol

On a separate note I'm going tomorrow for the pass holder event and I am stoked!!!:clap::whoo:

So I just read through the article and didn't see anything about specifically touching any actors and it clearly keeps the goal to not "overdrink." I wouldn't participate in something like this, but it doesn't seem as harmful as implied by the way it is being discussed here. Maybe there was some sort of edit?

Don't get me wrong, I hate it. I agree it ruins the point of scareactors and is something I definitely think diminishes the event, BUT the way it was being talked about, (binge drinking, harassing) isn't what is being presented.

I was going by what some actors were talking about. Apparently people didnt read the ful article or didnt pay attention because some actors were being grabbed harsly for selfies without beven being asked. People kept referring to the game" while not letting them work properly.

I was going by what some actors were talking about. Apparently people didnt read the ful article or didnt pay attention because some actors were being grabbed harsly for selfies without beven being asked. People kept referring to the game" while not letting them work properly.
Hopefully those people were booted.

There’s something really nice about being in the park at night with no power. I’m sitting in Springfield just enjoying the darkness and quiet.

I recall last year when the BGM went down a couple of times, once got stuck just makin digi noise.

we took a break, did feel like going Finns so walked past AHS, ended up at Toothsomes with my mocha old fashion...it is their anavrsery so daughter is psyched for today only bday cake thing. Was hoping to head back in after we are done here, bit if the park moved up front, oh well. Thankfully we have tomorrow