Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

Have you seen the renovated rooms at POP? While the All Stars are dingy, I feel like the theming makes it unique and fun.
Whats the big deal with outside corridors? That has never been a deal breaker for me.
Yes- Ive seen pics of the rooms at Pop. They did as good as they could- but its still a 260ft room...
All-Stars "theming" of giant plastic statues? If that's your standard, then Toy Story Land is going to look like the mausoleum. The Lobbys, check-in, food courts, arcades, etc etc- are horrendous. Billions of people, mind-numbingly loud- it's like the Polynesian but with a 20 Kid:1 Adult ratio.
I'm DVC- and when I travel I stay in nice hotels- so my view is certainly jaded. I stayed at an All-star one time and said never again at a value.
As to why inside vs outside corridors - It's a security issue. Outside corridors are broken into at a much higher rate. It's also cheaper for construction. There is a reason the majority of roach motels are outside corridor and all 5-stars are inside. There's a benefit to outside though- like @AliciaStella suggested- (at non-disney hotels)- you can park right at your door.

Fun fact - majority of people care less about a theme and more about affordable pricing compared to amenities offered.

Basically - As long as it looks nice, and is within their budget, they’re happy.
Yea but say a family was looking at hotels to stay at, and they could get a rate at the beautiful, and on property sapphire falls for $180, or this plain and off site one for $99. I'd go for the sapphire falls...

I was thinking this was going to be something else a little more ambitious. I'm not disappointed, but a little surprised. I'm sure these will be very popular.

This is also telling me they are a lot farther along in the planning stage for the south resort than I thought they were. As these are not the hotels that I feel pretty confident are coming.

Yea but say a family was looking at hotels to stay at, and they could get a rate at the beautiful, and on property sapphire falls for $180, or this plain and off site one for $99. I'd go for the sapphire falls...

I can also stay at the Ritz-Carlton for $400 a night, too.

I was thinking this was going to be something else a little more ambitious. I'm not disappointed, but a little surprised. I'm sure these will be very popular.

This is also telling me they are a lot farther along in the planning stage for the south resort than I thought they were. As these are not the hotels that I feel pretty confident are coming.

Thought the same thing. Prob wanted to hold on to those aces and risk it going to a waste for the “off-site hotel”.

Which is exactly what they want. :lol:

You realize there will be people who view things like you- and they'll pick sapphire. And there will be those that see their 5 night stay costing another $400- and do one of these. Different strokes and all that...

I can also stay at the Ritz-Carlton for $400 a night, too.
Right. You can grab the Ritz serveral nights of the year for less than Portofino or the Floridian easily. Rooms, Size of Rooms, Service and overall quality will surpass both Loews and Disney. It's really apples and oranges comparing these 2 resorts- which will be the worst resorts Universal has- to any other ones. They're under $100- the cost of a Holiday or Fairfield Inn... brand new... run by Loews. Theming be damned- if you're a value shopper, you can't beat this.

And did we mention they are right next to a convention center. Think Companies will like those price points?

Last edited:
Given the higher than average pedestrian fatality rate here in Orlando - it'd probably be in Universal's best interest to include a garden walk across I-4 with sidewalk access to the Parks and City Walk. Hoping to hear that they'll be including this into the plans sometime next year.

yikes.png

We already have Cabana Bay, Saphire Falls, and Royal Pacfic. The themes already revolve around the beach, ocean. Couldn't they come up with something different.
Maybe because I live here I'd rather get away from that theme. It's just basic and redundant.

This was my thing. I was thinking the theme isn't appealing to Floridians, but we have to remember, we're likely not their targets.

Spare me the crocodile tears, you are in Florida people want to stay in hotels with that theme.

This is true. Many people who lodge in Florida come to Florida for those exact things. So the beachy themes are what people tend to want. It gets the job done.

My real questions is, where the hell is Universal getting these construction crews from though? lol

Yea, I prefer outside entrances to my hotel room. I love Coronado Springs and Cabana Bay (non-tower rooms) for that very reason. Easy to get in and out. Long interior hallways annoy me at the end of a long day at the parks.

I'm the opposite. While I like the convenience of loading/unloading the room, with outside rooms, I notice people seem to care less about the noise they make. Because they are outside, they ignore the fact that it's 2am and they are right outside your door. It happens some with interior hallway hotels, but not as bad.

This post made me wonder how much this will end up pillaging guests from Aventura and CB. CB gets booked a lot just because it's the cheapest option. Now that there is a cheaper option thats still a Uni hotel, will this lead to empty rooms at CB? Or will they just all be at capacity and CB will just get booked slower than before?