Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure Farewell Tour

Anecdotal finding: I may, or may not, have made it a game in my final days to intercept every guest wearing a Great Movie Ride or Universe of Energy closing t-shirt to see if they’d participate in park research.

None of them would.

Anecdotal finding: I may, or may not, have made it a game in my final days to intercept every guest wearing a Great Movie Ride or Universe of Energy closing t-shirt to see if they’d participate in park research.

None of them would.
To be a counterpoint on this, why would someone expect that they are doing a survey to have an attraction stay after it has been announced to be closing and/or last day of operation? My opinion on it would be if it is announced that it is closing the decision has been made, game over.

To be a counterpoint on this, why would someone expect that they are doing a survey to have an attraction stay after it has been announced to be closing and/or last day of operation? My opinion on it would be if it is announced that it is closing the decision has been made, game over.

Well - in the kindest way - “duh.”

But they wouldn’t have said yes before it closed either, and that’s the point.

Well - in the kindest way - “duh.”

But they wouldn’t have said yes before it closed either, and that’s the point.
As you've stated before time and again, I think the mindset for many is "I've already done this before..." when asked to do a survey.

Even though that may have been years ago, and every time you visit the park you're a new visitor that's counted towards that day in particular.

As you've stated before time and again, I think the mindset for many is "I've already done this before..." when asked to do a survey.

Even though that may have been years ago, and every time you visit the park you're a new visitor that's counted towards that day in particular.

Heck, you can often do more than 1 for a park or parks in a day. The “rules of engagement” say they’re not supposed to tell you up front what you’re agreeing to give your opinion on... and by golly the simple “what’s your zip code?” at the entrance is not disqualifying you from some longer survey because you’re a local. That entire survey is just to find out where you came from.

So when you are deep in the park and someone pops out in front of you asking if you have a few minutes... they could be asking if you’re a Star Wars fan and how you’d rate yourself on a scale of 1-10, and if you qualify you’re off to see the presentation about the new interactive offering and then be part of a focus group AND paid $500 for those 2 hours of your trip.

Or they could just be asking real quick questions about what you did in that area of the park that day and your basic rating of each item (these long term trends are really what get things closed...)

I don't doubt the post from Matt is real. If it weren't he likely would've been quick to deny it and it also sounds like him. He's a big fan of the show and he's probably going a little farther than he should, but he has been much of this season. I kind of admire that he's standing up for what he believes and wants even if it risks some tension with his employer. It's always nice to see people who aren't just "yes men". What he says is certainly true. Contrary to popular belief petitions, letter writing, complaining, etc. do work, the catch is it's the numbers that matter. If a few million people sign that petition we'll all be watching Bill and Ted next year. Now if it doesn't even cross 10k-100k it's fairly insignificant. I believe there is some truth also to the outrage being less than expected. Universal handled this in the best way possible. Had they just outright cancelled the show with no warning I would've been one of the first to cup up my AP and never set foot in the resort again, however they handled it in a way that softened the blow and gave us a chance to appreciate it one last time. While there's a handful of us who will make changes because of this decision most people will still attend and still spend money and at the end of the day the impact will not be overly huge. In the theme park world it seems unfortunately new is always better than good (see: Fast & Furious) and everyone will still line up to see all the new offering and soon forget all about this.

As for the show being cancelled it's really been a long time coming. The show has essentially been in trouble for almost 10 years. From the legal issues with Disney characters up to the 2012 show complaints there's always been good reason why Universal just wouldn't want to deal with it. I remember in 2013 there was very real concern the show would be cancelled during the run that year or not return. Everyone seems to have a theory, my personal theory is with the contract being up someone probably started the process of looking into renewing. This would obviously require approvals and at some point some upper executives got involved and decided it was time for it to go. Mike Aiello and Jason Horne have both made it pretty clear the decision came from the top and was last minute. This isn't something that anyone involved with HHN wanted to happen. I'm sure they're all secretly hoping that theres a huge fan backlash and the executives will have to cave, but realistically it probably won't happen.

Did want to point something from the UOAP show that Jason Horne mentioned in the pre-show:

1. Miley Cyrus was originally planned to be in the show.
2. Grim was always planned which leads into....
3. The show was pretty much written when the higher-ups came and told Horne it will be the last year. He made adjustments to make it the farewell tour but not much was changed as far as the pop culture that was featured.
4. The rocker chick cutout on the stage was this year's choreographer.
5. Grim's gold phone is actually a call back to the first show, when Rufus had a similar phone. (He admitted it was an obscure reference)

I really can’t believe I missed it, I’ve watched and rewatched that first show many times. As soon as Jason Horne started talking about it it all clicked for me before he even finished.