Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 250 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody else hope Gate 3 isn't just single IP lands? In fact, I kind of hope that outside of Middle-Earth, they avoid single IP lands. For example: instead of having "The Wizarding World of Fantastic Beasts," which would be a bit narrow and not as widely appealing as Potter's Wizarding World, have a Fantastic Beasts e-ticket and surrounding area be the cornerstone of a wider European-themed area, that also features some completely original shopping, dining, and entertainment. Or have a Pokemon area be part of a wider, eastern/Japanese themed area. Or Kung Fu Panda as part of a wider "Ancient China" themed area that also features an original dragon-themed coaster. And so on. I know it's unlikely with Uni's IP craze, but it'd help in making the park more timeless and MK/TDS-esque IMO.

You mean the Kirkman extension? Or Ordinance road? That is not a real road.

Ordinance. It is paved and has partial access to Sand lake. Google recognizes it as a road. Not that that means anything. I'm assuming it was an old internal LMCO road, but I see now that it's definitely not a state maintained road. That being said, does that mean it can't be used as a legal right of way for the off Sand Lake properties? It would be interesting to see how the ROW's are set up for those properties. I noticed on the plans for the parking lots that Uni is building South of the South property that one of them has a driveway cutting across a UCMP lot, so probably a similar situation to what would go on here.

Ordinance. It is paved and has partial access to Sand lake. Google recognizes it as a road. Not that that means anything. I'm assuming it was an old internal LMCO road, but I see now that it's definitely not a state maintained road. That being said, does that mean it can't be used as a legal right of way for the off Sand Lake properties? It would be interesting to see how the ROW's are set up for those properties. I noticed on the plans for the parking lots that Uni is building South of the South property that one of them has a driveway cutting across a UCMP lot, so probably a similar situation to what would go on here.
That dates to the days of rocket testing. Take a drive on it sometime. Bring your 4 wheeler and look out for the fording on the south end.
All the law says is access needs to be provided as there cannot be landlocked properties. So easement or other arrangement but it does give leverage to those baby blues.

Does anybody else hope Gate 3 isn't just single IP lands? In fact, I kind of hope that outside of Middle-Earth, they avoid single IP lands. For example: instead of having "The Wizarding World of Fantastic Beasts," which would be a bit narrow and not as widely appealing as Potter's Wizarding World, have a Fantastic Beasts e-ticket and surrounding area be the cornerstone of a wider European-themed area, that also features some completely original shopping, dining, and entertainment. Or have a Pokemon area be part of a wider, eastern/Japanese themed area. Or Kung Fu Panda as part of a wider "Ancient China" themed area that also features an original dragon-themed coaster. And so on. I know it's unlikely with Uni's IP craze, but it'd help in making the park more timeless and MK/TDS-esque IMO.

Me 100%. And I actually don’t think they will go too many IP exclusive lands. I wouldn’t want more than 2 tbh.

Neat and thanks for keeping us updated on all this. I could not keep it straight without your maps as it is so fragmented. I think I know that Florida law does not allow "islands" to be created. They need to allow access so maybe Stan has some leverage with the baby blues. Interesting to see how this plays out. Thanks
Theres a North/South road through there. It goes through the middle of one of the blue ones. The other would be bordered by the Mandarin extension if that ends up happening.
buXjfCe.jpg

Basically, the Mandarin extension (dark green) and the part of Ordinance Road on Stan Thomas' property (lighter green) are FQP's future access if/when Universal gets rid of the rest of Ordinance Road near Sand Lake (the part on the 101 acres touching Sand Lake).

The only important access easements are the ones that connect the Universal Blvd. properties to the main property 400+ acres and that 2.9 acre sliver (both in black).

This.

Reactions: youhow2
I learned today (don't know if it was posted on here somewhere and I missed it) that apparently Universal has acquired the Promenade at Universal buildings and is expanding offices and other backstage stuff into it.

Also, they're adding a Starbucks backstage for the TMs.

I learned today (don't know if it was posted on here somewhere and I missed it) that apparently Universal has acquired the Promenade at Universal buildings and is expanding offices and other backstage stuff into it.

Out of curiosity, what street is the Promenade located at?

About time they buy Promenade.

Looks like they reacquired the property in 2015 after originally selling it to Daniel Corporation in 2006.

It may not have been noted here because Universal used a different LLC to buy it: P-1 Acquisition Sub LLC.

As far as timing goes, land foreclosure actions typically take 18-24 months assuming all of the paperwork is properly filed and there's no valid objections raised.

So that means Universal would be able to get those 3 parcels sometime in late 2019.

I'd expect the Universal-Stan Thomas lawsuit to actually go to trial now because of this. Everything is more complicated now because Universal won't want to bail Stan Thomas out and help him keep those 3 "most valuable" parcels in the foreclosure proceeding.

So most likely we get the case in trial in early/middle 2018 and then see if the foreclosure is successful. Unless Stan Thomas is worried about the success of the suit and wants to negotiate a settlement that lets him at least walk away with payment for the lands that he'll still own (the FQP properties, baby blues) as well as the stormwater/wetlands.

This foreclosure filing effectively delays any kind of resolution of all the land ownership questions for about 2 years...

It still seems like 2023-2025 are the most likely dates for the 2nd resort.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Unless… They design around the land purchases. I believe they have enough to work with regardless of the outstanding parcels. Is there still a hold because of the themepark dispute/suit?

Some of the Thomas properties they can design around, some would be real hard to do. That parcel that cuts across the south west corner and includes the Kirkman ROW, they really can't work around. They have to cross it to tie into those two properties on Universal.

And yes, they can't really start any kind of construction until that lawsuit is settled. They could conceivably start on hotels or parking, but as they will probably submit a master plan, they probably won't want to split the project up like that.

Too, why would Lockheed want to keep that jut of land if Kirkman is going to cut it off completely? Also I don’t understand the dark green line that looks like a road cutting down through the center of the property and then looping around the base of Lockheed. What is that?

Gonna repost our favorite pic so we don’t have to go searching.
buXjfCe.jpg

Reactions: Coasted
Too, why would Lockheed want to keep that jut of land if Kirkman is going to cut it off completely? Also I don’t understand the dark green line that looks like a road cutting down through the center of the property and then looping around the base of Lockheed. What is that?

Gonna repost our favorite pic so we don’t have to go searching.
buXjfCe.jpg
The dark green line is the proposed Mandarin Rd extension that was granted rights of way by the owners when Stan Thomas knew he was nearing bankruptcy and needed a road by his FQP properties. I added that to show how FQP (Stan Thomas' baby blues) have road access when Universal removes the other roads.

So, the proposed Mandarin is not necessarily a done deal. Right? It may never exist at all. It kills me how you understand this stuff zz...
It’s just as finalized as the Kirkman extension is. The county has a whole road plan for that area that probably will drastically change at the whim of Universal. The county probably wouldn’t care if UOR asked to move the ROWs around.

Status
Not open for further replies.