Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire

Can you say how long the experience is?

To be honest, not accurately, not because of the NDA, just because it was a lazy Saturday and I wasn't paying close attention. Once you're signed and strapped in (which takes some time), 20 minutes seems in the ballpark.

I’m anti VR on attractions but pro VR in this capacity. VR works best when it expands a space, not side steps or shrinks it.
This is really one of the only ways for VR to truly work. I don't think it works to nearly it's full potential in a home setting, but it's limiting if you were to put it on a ride.

That seems pretty brief. I figured it would be like 10 months on, 2 months to change to new show, and then back on; a yearly cycle. This is far too short for each story.

I want to do this again, but with 4 people. (Its hard to hold off those pesky stormtroopers with just two) :D

I want to post some quick thoughts of Secrets of The Empire, as I got the chance to experience it at The Venetian at Las Vegas, and some notes.

• The Glasses-Friendly aspect of Secrets of The Empire was great for me as someone who has prescription glasses for seeing. Made it work rather nicely for what was shown.
  • The effects felt in the environment was outstanding, as at multiple times, it felt like I was there. Perhaps it was just more of how they had the effects strapped onto you.
  • The visuals are extremely impressive, and lends itself very nicely. You feel like you are in that portion of the galaxy, even for a slight moment.
  • I wish it was a longer experience, as while it was appealing to me as a Star Wars fan, I can see why people may find it as a rip-off in the amount of time in the VR.
  • The ending was outstanding, and for me, was absolutely worth the experience.
  • Some of the controls in the experience were a bit off in how they responded, but I have to give them credit where credit is due (when used effectively)
Overall: For my first true foray into VR, VOID did a great (but somewhat flawed) job in Secret's of The Empire. I want to see what they can do in horror, or hell; Marvel Entertainment, as there is a lot of potential in VR, especially if it's done in a way like this.

Grading - 8/10