Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm thinking Memorial Day might be hard to pull off with where they are at on this. The coaster looks to be close, but those buildings don't.

Yea, was weird visiting Animal Kingdom last week. Not used to being able to see Dino-Rama from the parking lot. The winter has hit trees harder than I’m used to this year and they’re not hiding stuff at the parks as well right now. They’ll bounce back, but it’s weird in the meantime.

I do like the cute little “We’ve been visited by Jack Frost” signs Disney Horticulture puts up on Garden displays and empty planters in the meantime. It’s gotta be hell for them right now, trying to keep up with the changing weather.

I'd very much like to see some photos of this.

I'm thinking Memorial Day might be hard to pull off with where they are at on this. The coaster looks to be close, but those buildings don't.
The buildings are fully enclosed with air conditioning units installed from what we can see. The biggest thing is making the TSMM switch. As long as things are going well on the inside, I think it will still happen - Memorial Day is still 3.5 months away anyway. All that those buildings are getting aesthetically is paint. The only instance where that's untrue is with Alien Swirling Saucers.

Just like Pandora last year, it looks a lot worse than it really is.

Reactions: jtsalien
Watch GMA tomorrow.

Lucille-Bluth-900x505.png

Reactions: Clive and jtsalien
30th.

Theyr way behind schedule.
Yeah. It was noticeable in recent aerials that the land wasn't progressing at the pace it needed to. I still thought it could hit that Memorial Day target just because of how damn simple this land is, but that's the TDO we're working with. It probably COULD be done by then, they simply aren't making it a priority to open it for the beginning of Summer vacation season.

To be honest, I am being very careful with what I want to say about TSL. But to be frank, I am thinking it'd just be a hate train,that describes my feelings of Toy Story Land quite well..

To be honest, I'm not happy about this entire thing. The stench that I get from this land is at the core, greed, and that a part of me is very upset that Disney has to cut corners when they should of been expanding the park's capacity with this. But what are we getting? One coaster that seems somewhat slow, a Junkyard Jamboree reskin, and half-arsed theming. I hope I'm wrong, but I am not a fan of this, at all, and that I think this should've been easy for Disney to do.

To be honest, I am being very careful with what I want to say about TSL. But to be frank, I am thinking it'd just be a hate train,that describes my feelings of Toy Story Land quite well..

To be honest, I'm not happy about this entire thing. The stench that I get from this land is at the core, greed, and that a part of me is very upset that Disney has to cut corners when they should of been expanding the park's capacity with this. But what are we getting? One coaster that seems somewhat slow, a Junkyard Jamboree reskin, and half-arsed theming. I hope I'm wrong, but I am not a fan of this, at all, and that I think this should've been easy for Disney to do.
It's mind-numbing to think that it's been 3.5 years since they closed the Studio Backlot Tour and TSL STILL isn't open. The thing is, as crappy as this filler land is, this is one of the scenarios where WDI is more to blame than TDO unwilling to spend money.

A LOT of money has gone into this land for only two rides, with one being a bare steel coaster. If WDI wouldn't mismanage money so badly, they could've easily built a nice Pixar area here with multiple decent dark rides for the price tag on this thing. The price tags across the resort are out of control. GotG and TRON are the most offensive though for what they are (and one being a clone).

Blockouts start June 4th. Seems like they just needed the extra month to finish up and clean up.
I would expect some sort of AP/DVC previews, even if just for a short time so I think by mid-June at the latest this could be soft opened. That is unless they are REALLY behind and they will be pushing even the announced date.

I would expect some sort of AP/DVC previews, even if just for a short time so I think by mid-June at the latest this could be soft opened. That is unless they are REALLY behind and they will be pushing even the announced date.
I still expect previews mid June, but I bet they were originally targeting AP previews for mid May like Pandora, when Silver Passholders aren’t yet blocked out.

Now the question is, do they lift blackout days for previews, or exclude us Silver passholders from the fun?

I still expect previews mid June, but I bet they were originally targeting AP previews for mid May like Pandora, when Silver Passholders aren’t yet blocked out.

Now the question is, do they lift blackout days for previews, or exclude us Silver passholders from the fun?
I wouldn't automatically assume they will let Silver in, but I think there's a good chance. Part of the point of Passholder previews, beyond getting the CMs used to guests being in the land, is to get locals in there to see it and spread word of mouth. It's good free publicity for them since many of the passholders who attend these things are vloggers.

Reactions: Alicia

They'd be doing you silver pass holders a favor by blocking you from this crappy land.:lol:

It's mind-numbing to think that it's been 3.5 years since they closed the Studio Backlot Tour and TSL STILL isn't open. The thing is, as crappy as this filler land is, this is one of the scenarios where WDI is more to blame than TDO unwilling to spend money.

A LOT of money has gone into this land for only two rides, with one being a bare steel coaster. If WDI wouldn't mismanage money so badly, they could've easily built a nice Pixar area here with multiple decent dark rides for the price tag on this thing. The price tags across the resort are out of control. GotG and TRON are the most offensive though for what they are (and one being a clone).
Completely agree. TSL is essentially a holding pen for GE. Shameless waste of money for two low capacity attractions when something really special could have filled this chunk of real estate.