T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Depends...I've seen some good stunt shows and some really bad ones haha
Haha true... I'm just hoping this one is good and can overcome a subpar IP (like Waterworld out in Hollywood). I think a good new show, while not being an E-Ticket addition, would work wonders for the park - and honestly the resort in general.

Reactions: tankart150
If this is truly going to be a live action stunt show, as others have said, I can get past the IP. I would've preferred Bond over Bourne, but it's nice to see Universal using one of its own properties instead of licensing out which seems to be their recent go to. I don't see this as being anything groundbreaking, but if they can make a fresh, entertaining show, I think it's a definite plus for the park.

As long as it isn't Sinbad, we should be good.

As long as it isn't Sinbad, we should be good.
For all I hear about Sinbad, I honestly regret not seeing it for myself last time I was there, just to see if it's as bad as everyone says haha. Kind of a shame, since from the pictures I've seen, the venue looks neat! Maybe add that to the list for things to upgrade. ... And I do mean upgrade. I don't want to see every show venue turned into a ride. Especially if FF and Animal Actors are going. Shows are needed to balance out the park. That's why it's a shame to see Toon Lagoon Theater unused and Sindbad being... bad.

Reactions: tankart150
Haha true... I'm just hoping this one is good and can overcome a subpar IP (like Waterworld out in Hollywood). I think a good new show, while not being an E-Ticket addition, would work wonders for the park - and honestly the resort in general.
I doubt it will have too much to do with the IP to be honest...It is probably going to be a generic stunt show with nods to Bourne

Maybe this is why WDW cancelled / changed their proposal for the MK theatre ie was not as advanced as this projection mapping theatre?

Nobody listens to techno
oh-hi-there-213927.gif

Iconic? Maybe for being a mediocre and forgettable franchise, in which the last installment was a flop.

It's not what the IP is sometimes, but how you use it.

I think that's something that should be considered when looking at Bourne, as I'm looking at it the same way I do the Wild Wild West stunt show from Knotts, and the Waterworld shows from USH; USJ; and USS.

oh-hi-there-213927.gif

It's not what the IP is sometimes, but how you use it.

I think that's something that should be considered when looking at Bourne, as I'm looking at it the same way I do the Wild Wild West stunt show from Knotts, and the Waterworld shows from USH; USJ; and USS.
Yes. In this type attraction. a good plot, good writing & good effects are more important than the IP. One action genre IP isn't all that different than another action IP when it comes to a show like this , Bond, Bourne, etc. are all about the same. It's not like Sean Connery or Roger Moore are going to be on stage. No real big deal.