Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 483 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I always thought that was just a proof of concept, I assumed that the real and fake track would run parallel to each other. The forces on the wheel assembly and supports would be incredibly high in this set up.

The wheel assembly would be impossible on those photos.
That patent image is pretty close to the real thing, but it has been improved since then.

I'm no engineer but wouldn't the fake track help carry the load of the cart for most of the ride. Then when we hit the break in the fake track the negative g's from the bunny hill in the actual track would help alleviate stress during our "jumps" from track section to section.

I'm no engineer but wouldn't the fake track help carry the load of the cart for most of the ride. Then when we hit the break in the fake track the negative g's from the bunny hill in the actual track would help alleviate stress during our "jumps" from track section to section.
I don't think the car will be in contact with the fake track at all, but I could be wrong.

To be in contact with the 'fake' track there's going to be a point during the fake jump where the vehicle is going to have detach from the track and then at some point rejoin. If this was possible, it would probably make more sense to only use the two sets of track when needed.

Edit: I'm curious to see how they go with the fake track. On the one hand, they can go highly themed with something like this below you but this will give the game away that there's a lot more going on than meets the eye:
806928788-lorendamm-schleswig-holsteiner-wattenmeer-mine-cart-narrow-gauge-railway.jpg

Or they add a fake coaster track below you for that epic moment when the tracks broke ahead of you. Imagine seeing this but you're not stopping:

expedition-everest-track.jpg

Going back to my previous point about the two tracks being parallel, this would ruin the jump illusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel
1280px-Steeplechase-Pleasure_Beach_Blackpool-600x400.jpg

Why does this look extremely unsafe to me. The track looks like a twig, the horse is super high with very little support, and they look plastic.

I think these use to be a thing. Before WDW opened in Orlando, there was a theme park in SFL called Pirates World. They had one of these....I think most people died from rattle snake bites as the ride cruised around the woods....

I picture it'll be a somewhat similar illusion to what the Hogwarts Express does, i.e. looking like it's an actual train on a railroad track when it's really just a more modern tram. But replace the "modern tram" part with "actually on a different track."

Progress for Nintendo in Japan.
Super Nintendo World Photo Update- Universal Studios Japan – Park Pass

I hope we get news about the US soon.

Which can be found in the redirected link above.

What I am curious about, is how things are seeming to be going on for floor's in some of the plans of Osaka, and considering the three versions of the Mushroom Kingdom should be similar from the initial aspects (Mariokart/Yoshi), it makes me curious to see how layered they go over the next month.

But, that can also be saved for the proper thread, which is the Osaka thread.

Which can be found in the redirected link above.

What I am curious about, is how things are seeming to be going on for floor's in some of the plans of Osaka, and considering the three versions of the Mushroom Kingdom should be similar from the initial aspects (Mariokart/Yoshi), it makes me curious to see how layered they go over the next month.

But, that can also be saved for the proper thread, which is the Osaka thread.
Oh. You gave no clue that it had pictures so I kind of ignored it. I found this on another site that showed all the pictures, lol.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I really started to wonder than until two years later, I wonder what a MK ride and the rest of Nintendo Land would look like. I know it's gonna be more smaller than in Orlando, but hopefully it's not all going to be just Mario/Yoshi/DK, Zelda and Captain Falcon should have their own attractions and shows as possible.

I really started to wonder than until two years later, I wonder what a MK ride and the rest of Nintendo Land would look like. I know it's gonna be more smaller than in Orlando, but hopefully it's not all going to be just Mario/Yoshi/DK, Zelda and Captain Falcon should have their own attractions and shows as possible.

Zelda for Orlando seems like it's going to be used. What I'm curious of is Osaka, and that I'll probably explain when it's best suited, but I get the feeling that Universal if they changed gears for Nintendo, they also changed the previous plans for Osaka when all of the problems were around UC.

Osaka, perhaps in a funny and poetic way, is the most important, due to the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.