Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Over Georgia

I don't ride Scream Machine, Blue Hawk, Georgia Scorcher or Georgia Cyclone due to how rough the ride is. Looking forward to trying out Twisted Cyclone. It looks amazing up close.

If you haven’t ridden one of these hybrids yet- I can’t speak highly enough about them. They are incredible. Some of, if not the smoothest and most fun coasters in existence

If you haven’t ridden one of these hybrids yet- I can’t speak highly enough about them. They are incredible. Some of, if not the smoothest and most fun coasters in existence
After hearing about them for so long I am so glad we have one local.

Technically we have had a wood steel hybrid at SFoG for decades. The Dahlonega Mine Train is built upon wooden timbers with a solid steel track.
Dahlonega1.jpg

After hearing about them for so long I am so glad we have one local.

Technically we have had a wood steel hybrid at SFoG for decades. The Dahlonega Mine Train is built upon wooden timbers with a solid steel track.
Dahlonega1.jpg

Hah. :)

I was specifically talking about RMC. Their standalones have been great in their own right, but I think their I-Box hybrids are fantastic. I’ve only ridden three but get to ride steel vengeance in 2 months.

Hah. :)

I was specifically talking about RMC. Their standalones have been great in their own right, but I think their I-Box hybrids are fantastic. I’ve only ridden three but get to ride steel vengeance in 2 months.
RMC is the rage these days. Looks like they bolted girders on top of the old Georgia cyclone.

I know, resurrecting an old thread. But I had the opportunity to visit Six Flags Over GA on May 2nd and 8th.

We had a really good, fun time. I don't remember much from my first visit in the mid-2000s other than Superman: Ultimate Flight and waiting in line for Batman: The Ride.

A few notes:

- They have the same security scanner as WDW does (probably Evolv), making bag check touchless & super easy.
- They had hand washing stations and hand sanitizer pumps all throughout the park. :thumbsup:
- Twisted Cyclone was SO good. My first RMC.
- Justice League: Battle for Metropolis was quite fun and gave me Spider-Man vibes. It's like a combo of Spider-Man and MiB.
- Goliath was super fun, a bit more rickety than Mako, but it is older.
- Dahlonega Mine Train was surprisingly quite fun for a kid-friendly coaster.

We got season passes (they were only like, $5 more than a single-day ticket), so perhaps we will return later. Also we are considering visiting Six Flags New England at some point this year, as that was my husband's home park growing up (starting from when it was Riverside Park), and he wants to take me there.

I went to the park yesterday and the Great American Scream Machine was in such bad shape. It by far was the worst roller coaster experience I've ever had. It made Son of Beast feel like a carousel. It felt like a 2 minute car wreck and my neck is sore today because of it. That ride is going to derail at some point soon. You can tell they're not keeping up with the maintenance on this ride. It should not be open to the public. Someone is going to get killed. It was awful. The whole train groaned with pain as we slammed into the break run.

I went to the park yesterday and the Great American Scream Machine was in such bad shape. It by far was the worst roller coaster experience I've ever had. It made Son of Beast feel like a carousel. It felt like a 2 minute car wreck and my neck is sore today because of it. That ride is going to derail at some point soon. You can tell they're not keeping up with the maintenance on this ride. It should not be open to the public. Someone is going to get killed. It was awful. The whole train groaned with pain as we slammed into the break run.

Yikes. I agree that GASM was rough. I'm sorry you're in pain today because of it. :(