Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Last edited by a moderator:
From USH Website:

In 2019, face Indominus rex when she makes her world premiere in the new, high-tech Jurassic World. Journey to where living dinosaurs roam the earth in the part expedition, part heart-pounding water ride based on the blockbuster film franchise.

On this river-raft adventure, get doused as a colossal Mosasaursus dives for its great white shark snack. But the real danger lies ahead when the brutal Indominus rex escapes its enclosure. Be prepared when a 50-foot Tyrannosaurs rex comes to your rescue… right before your final plunge down a treacherous 84-foot waterfall.

And plan to experience the original Jurassic Park®- The Ride one final time before it becomes extinct on Sept. 3, 2018!

From USH Website:

In 2019, face Indominus rex when she makes her world premiere in the new, high-tech Jurassic World. Journey to where living dinosaurs roam the earth in the part expedition, part heart-pounding water ride based on the blockbuster film franchise.

On this river-raft adventure, get doused as a colossal Mosasaursus dives for its great white shark snack. But the real danger lies ahead when the brutal Indominus rex escapes its enclosure. Be prepared when a 50-foot Tyrannosaurs rex comes to your rescue… right before your final plunge down a treacherous 84-foot waterfall.

And plan to experience the original Jurassic Park®- The Ride one final time before it becomes extinct on Sept. 3, 2018!
Calling it now, Mosasaur's a screen.

Indominus could be great as an AA figure though, especially if Creature Tech is doing it!

From USH Website:

Oh this is gonna be real bad, ain't it?

I see a lot of #Screenz in its future.

You see Screens, I see Projection Mapping.

From USH Website:

Not gonna lie, that sounds great.

That's not better. :lol:
I would argue that Projection Mapping would offer a way to use depth in an environment than just traditional screens.

That said, glad this is finally announced. I've had heard of it for quite a few times throughout the past year, as it always seemed like the gun was loaded and ready but things were being held.

Either way, it's finally going to treat the attraction with the need it deserves, especially given the state of the attraction.

It's a doubled edged sword as some don't like JW, and there lies fears, but I'm for it.

Calling it now, Mosasaur's a screen.

Indominus could be great as an AA figure though, especially if Creature Tech is doing it!

Hollywood has 2 T-rex's during the final scene. One that pops it's head down and tried to eat guests, the other being the one before the drop. I'm assuming the first T-Rex that pop's its head out will be the one who becomes the I-Rex which means the baby is gonna be practical and get SUPER close to guests. I like it.

On this river-raft adventure, get doused as a colossal Mosasaursus dives for its great white shark snack!

WELP. We finally know where Bruce photo op will end up after all these years.

6 months was how long it would be closed for last time I heard. Keep that in mind

Brian's right 9-10 is what they're currently being told - my bad

Last edited:
I feel there's a lot of potential for some strong screen scenes inside the show building, but I hope there's no reduction in overall AAs compared to what's there now - the mosasaur/great white scene in particular would be so impressive if they can pull it off using practical effects. I would also love for them to find a way to really improve the immersion of the attraction by finding a way to disguise/conceal the SSFL when you enter through the gates. I'm still not completely sold on the new movies, but this needed updating - it's too good to continue operating in its current state.

Status
Not open for further replies.