Guardians of the Galaxy - Awesome Mix Live! | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy - Awesome Mix Live!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What would we do without a Marvel movie every year? I just don't know
1.) What does that have to do with this thread?

2.)Marvel films have been released/filmed yearly since 2002 (19 movies between 2002-2009 before Disney bought Marvel). This isn't a new thing. It actually makes the brand a lot more condensed and not spread among so many studios.

Reactions: jtsalien
1.) What does that have to do with this thread?

2.)Marvel films have been released/filmed yearly since 2002 (19 movies between 2002-2009 before Disney bought Marvel). This isn't a new thing. It actually makes the brand a lot more condensed and not spread among so many studios.
Please don't drag Toby Maguire into this

Reactions: awhen and UNIrd
Back to the topic at hand, I watched the video and, while cheesy as expected, I agree with @IAmFloridaBorn. For a Summer promotion, this is fine and something I can see a lot of people stopping to watch while passing by. The dialogue is pretty bad, but the actors do their best to pull it off. It helps that GotG is a pretty wacky franchise as is.

Also, the guy who portrayed Star-Lord in the first show had a lot of charisma so even if he doesn't look perfectly like Chris Pratt's Star-Lord, I bought in based on the way he acts.

Back to the topic at hand, I watched the video and, while cheesy as expected, I agree with @IAmFloridaBorn. For a Summer promotion, this is fine and something I can see a lot of people stopping to watch while passing by. The dialogue is pretty bad, but the actors do their best to pull it off. It helps that GotG is a pretty wacky franchise as is.

Also, the guy who portrayed Star-Lord in the first show had a lot of charisma so even if he doesn't look perfectly like Chris Pratt's Star-Lord, I bought in based on the way he acts.
Er, FloridaBorn never posted in here :look:

Reactions: DrakeParker
That stage has been used for similar idea shows that tend to be bigger budget versions of music of the decades shows that every theme park tends to have or have had. This may be the best one of those. It does that well and others before have done the same thing, this one is just more in your face and draws attention to itself because of the IP. I think it could have been a lot worse.

And this is coming from someone who does not think Guardians belong in EPCOT. This fits better than the attraction's concept does so far.

The Lead Singer.

Wow. A range and very talented. I hope he gets the recognition for that.

Didn't recognize him at first, but apparently he's coming off a most excellent role from last Fall. Charisma to spare, and improv talent. Meanwhile, I recognized a couple of the singers from the old Beetlejuice show, and the bassist from, of all places, the Grand Floridian Orchestra. It's a very talented cast.

Show owes a lot to the penultimate Beetlejuice show (the one that ran longest). Starlord basically doing comedy hosting while the musicians do the heavy lifting song-wise. But that works. I've long said Michael Roddy "gets" theme park shows on a level no one else those, I think this proves it. If you enjoyed Beetlejuice, or old school Bill & Ted, or Frozen Sing-Along (the most fun attraction in DHS), you'll have fun with this. He even managed to work in a Queen song!

Didn't recognize him at first, but apparently he's coming off a most excellent role from last Fall. Charisma to spare, and improv talent. Meanwhile, I recognized a couple of the singers from the old Beetlejuice show, and the bassist from, of all places, the Grand Floridian Orchestra. It's a very talented cast.

Show owes a lot to the penultimate Beetlejuice show (the one that ran longest). Starlord basically doing comedy hosting while the musicians do the heavy lifting song-wise. But that works. I've long said Michael Roddy "gets" theme park shows on a level no one else those, I think this proves it. If you enjoyed Beetlejuice, or old school Bill & Ted, or Frozen Sing-Along (the most fun attraction in DHS), you'll have fun with this. He even managed to work in a Queen song!
Yup, this is definitely a very talented cast (love hearing where the cast came from). And Beetlejuice was also a comparison that came to mind.

This is actually more than just “fine” for a summer offering, but the issue is it’s so thematically out of place.

This show has a very "theme park show" feel to it. I hate to say it, but Tomorrowland would have been a better fit. Or DHS.

When the alternative is tribute bands who typically play free shows at HoB, I think I'd rather a "theme park show" in my theme park.

It's not like they replaced Voices of Liberty with this. America Gardens Theater has always been sort of a generic No Mans Land when it comes to theme and shows.

When the alternative is tribute bands who typically play free shows at HoB, I think I'd rather a "theme park show" in my theme park.

It's not like they replaced Voices of Liberty with this. America Gardens Theater has always been sort of a generic No Mans Land when it comes to theme and shows.
It's just that it doesn't seem like the folks that would like this show would be hanging in the back of world showcase.

It's just that it doesn't seem like the folks that would like this show would be hanging in the back of world showcase.

The two places I've seen in life with bars every 20 feet are HHN and World Showcase. EPCOT adding a show from the creator of Bill & Teds right in the middle of their international bar crawl feels like an obvious choice to me.