Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Academy of Villains - Cyberpunk

I'm disappointed in the move to the FFL auditorium. I used to wait almost 30 minutes prior to show to get up front and take pictures. Now in the FFL auditorium they'll probably wait until last minute to let all these people in at once. On top of that, I bet you'll see the staff members going up and down the steps with flashlights yelling no videotaping. Finally, last year when the crew came out from Horror Make Up building they would interact with guests as the show began. The move to the theater seems to impersonal and lacks an intimate environment.

I'm disappointed in the move to the FFL auditorium. I used to wait almost 30 minutes prior to show to get up front and take pictures. Now in the FFL auditorium they'll probably wait until last minute to let all these people in at once. On top of that, I bet you'll see the staff members going up and down the steps with flashlights yelling no videotaping. Finally, last year when the crew came out from Horror Make Up building they would interact with guests as the show began. The move to the theater seems to impersonal and lacks an intimate environment.

were you present for 2016? because they Did NOT go around the audience interacting with guests. they would just play the show. the interacting with the guests part was just accommodating for the lack of a proper stage
Besides there were problems with them not having a proper stage like some people trying to go backstage behind them claiming they were part of the group (they were not) and some drunk people trying to climb the stage while they danced..... Besides if they WANTED To interact with the audience they still could. because some of them could go up the stairs and interact with people.....

Also theres no way they wont let you record, that would be absurd. there's nothing in the show that would be a problem like Bill and ted had....
i really dont get why you would worry about things that are not really gonna be problems lol. if anything having the FFL Auditorium is only gonna enhance the experience. it will make the show better.

were you present for 2016? because they Did NOT go around the audience interacting with guests. they would just play the show. the interacting with the guests part was just accommodating for the lack of a proper stage
Besides there were problems with them not having a proper stage like some people trying to go backstage behind them claiming they were part of the group (they were not) and some drunk people trying to climb the stage while they danced..... Besides if they WANTED To interact with the audience they still could. because some of them could go up the stairs and interact with people.....

Also theres no way they wont let you record, that would be absurd. there's nothing in the show that would be a problem like Bill and ted had....
i really dont get why you would worry about things that are not really gonna be problems lol. if anything having the FFL Auditorium is only gonna enhance the experience. it will make the show better.

I’m not really into dance troupes or anything, but this team impressed me in 2016 for as we walked between Hollywood and Central Park when the show was going on...some folks in the back part of the stage were talking with guest that walked by....this was as they were performing.

That experience had me looking forward to 2017 as it seemed (to me) that this troupe was talking to people...getting a feel for the event and the people that attend. I figured 2017’s show would better fit the event...but I guess the hurricane stopped me from knowing.

I think they will be on point in a proper venue and I will sit through a show at least once this year.

Yes, I was present in 2016. Admittedly, that year I never took the effort to see the show. I saw five minutes of the middle portion while I was sitting outside of Mel's with something to eat. It wasn't until early 2017 that I watched it on YouTube and started to like it. Therefore, no, I wouldn't have known that they didn't interact with fans. Fair point about the ushers yelling at people being more of a Bill and Ted thing.

I’m not really into dance troupes or anything, but this team impressed me in 2016 for as we walked between Hollywood and Central Park when the show was going on...some folks in the back part of the stage were talking with guest that walked by....this was as they were performing.

That experience had me looking forward to 2017 as it seemed (to me) that this troupe was talking to people...getting a feel for the event and the people that attend. I figured 2017’s show would better fit the event...but I guess the hurricane stopped me from knowing.

I think they will be on point in a proper venue and I will sit through a show at least once this year.

im sure they will still play around with guests. this show going in that stage will be nothing but a blessing

I’m glade they moved this to FFL. I feel like with this being there they have so many new ideas they could use. I doubt that they won’t let us film/take pictures since we have always been able to do that and if they change that they know ppl would be upset. Also with this being there we won’t have to deal with the huge crowd outside of Central Park and won’t have the sound of the show leak into the SZ that’s there.

Oh man, a Cyberpunk AOV show maybe with some heavy Blade Runner and horror influences? Sounds pretty fantastic to me.

Haha! I actually didn't expect something like this. I'm a huge fan of electronic music, so this is gonna be a blast.
The music I heard yesterday actually sounded really good from the outside.

What I mean by that is that it was eargrabbing enough that I think it will easily draw people in without problem.

I kind of hope they do a nod to B&T and keep the bloopers as what plays while the theater fills. Probably not though.