Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: The First Purge

Idk, this ONE house being a meh theme is better than having Saw, lame season of AHS, Insidious, and ToTx2 doesn't ruin what otherwise has the potential to be an awesome year.

Despite being tired of the Purge, I still think theres potential for something great if they take an original spin on the movies and flex some of their creative muscles

Yikes.. the reception this is even worse than I thought it would be. Hopefully they recast the guys from the Anarchy section from last year’s gauntlet since they were very aggressive. When John leaves, do you guys think we’ll never get Purge again? There’s no way corporate forces this on HHN again since it’s clear this announcement didn’t get as well received as they thought. I really really want this to be a great send off to The Purge though since this does have potential

For it's location, I'm pretty okay with it. It's in a transitional spot, before it's time to hit the more exciting mazes. I usually love it when the first maze I hit is good and when the ones later in the night are good, so the night doesn't dwindle down and there's a nice roller coaster of quality. If Poltergeist is 747, that'll prob be first and I'm sure that'll be great. Purge and HOB will just be a nice segue back to the upper lot where TrT (highly anticipated in my fav venue) and Stranger Things (not hyped for it but it's prob getting all the budget in a soundstage) will most likely dominate as the higher tier of quality. Plus with a possible Halloween and UCM on the upper lot, the backlot is has always been a night starting area, or even an appetizer.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I don't believe for a second that it's always the "highest rated/requested" each year. I'm going to need him to cite his sources and provide a link to said source. :lol:

Highest rated from the public. HHN fans dismiss it because its a tiring IP used every year that features the same aspects. Whenever you mention that Purge is at HHN, people flock to it because of what the Purge is known for. If the maze is anything like the one from Orlando (aka Scream) it can be a really intense experience. Best set decorating? No, but definitely can be very in your face.

Highest rated from the public. HHN fans dismiss it because its a tiring IP used every year that features the same aspects. Whenever you mention that Purge is at HHN, people flock to it because of what the Purge is known for. If the maze is anything like the one from Orlando (aka Scream) it can be a really intense experience. Best set decorating? No, but definitely can be very in your face.

I think this maze could be really good but even the GP is over it. The Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram comments on this announcement ripped this thing to shreds. I want this to be good though, Orlando’s looked intense. Hopefully it’s not filled with black walls since that would make this worse

I still think theres potential for something great if they take an original spin on the movies and flex some of their creative muscles
The problem is, they've kinda already done nearly everything there is to do with The Purge creatively... hell, they created a "Purge Party" before the new movie did. It's going to feel like a rehash no matter what Murdy says.

Hopefully they recast the guys from the Anarchy section from last year’s gauntlet since they were very aggressive.
Don't worry, all of them made the cut at auditions, but doesn't mean they'll end up here. And the problem with this maze is, the reason why The Purge worked so well in maze form the past 2 years in Universal Plaza/Parisian Courtyard is due to the wider space for movement & things to climb on. They still got all up in your space too.

I don't believe for a second that it's always the "highest rated/requested" each year.
^I can believe it in regards to the scarezones, mainly the entrance scarezone. The cast always had endless energy and were fun to watch.

So it’s pretty clear Murdy’s seen the reaction to this announcement; do you guys think this’ll be the last year for Purge?
I think that depends on the reception of the TV show. And the reception of the maze. I dislike the over use of the purge IP but I honestly think this could make for a good maze. If this maze is received well, and it most likely will be, and the TV show does alright then I think it’ll return again

Please don’t even say that. I cannot stand the thought of the Purge returning for an entire decade. If Murdy leaves it ain’t coming back.

I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down the line eventually again..that said, I imagine they'll probably take an Orlando approach to The Purge if Murdy leaves.

And that, is a good thing.

Remember when people complained about Saw coming back for only a second year? Good times lmao