Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Scary Farm 2018

Jan 10, 2013
No man's land: SoCal
So....construction update on the farm: Voodoo has been gutted. It's not coming back. I would assume the Tooth Fairy is done as well. 2/3 of Pumpkin Eater is still up and the Shadowlands have recently just gone down. Not sure if it's coming back or not. So here's my prediction on what's going and staying:

Bye-bye:
-Voodoo
-Tooth Fairy

May or may not leave:
-Red Barn
-Paranormal Inc.
-Shadowlands

Back for Sure:
-Infected
-Dark Ride
-Pumpkin Eater
-Trick-or-Terat
-Halloween Hootenanny

Kinda tired of Paranormal as great as it is and would love to see Red Barn leave.

Voodoo and Tooth Fairy are definitely leaving. Whether or not other houses are going is up to how many new houses Knott’s wants to do. Obviously everything new last year is staying(I don’t count Trick or Treat as new). I can’t see them getting rid of Paranormal, Shadowlands or Spec Ops. So that leaves Red Barn and Trick or Treat, which I wouldn’t really be sad if either one goes.

Back in March or April I was told they had two new concepts ready to go. It was also relayed to me that both Voodoo and Tooth Fairy were on their way out (apparently Tooth Fairy was the worst reviewed house last year). I imagine we are only getting two new houses this year, but I could be wrong as no Elvira show means she is not sucking up the extra money. Apparently the cost to have Elvira in the park was equivalent to the cost of two new houses. I will be happy with two new houses, but I definitely would not mind having three as long as Red Barn is the third house on the chopping block (apparently guest reaction has been tepid to that house since year one).

Back in March or April I was told they had two new concepts ready to go. It was also relayed to me that both Voodoo and Tooth Fairy were on their way out (apparently Tooth Fairy was the worst reviewed house last year). I imagine we are only getting two new houses this year, but I could be wrong as no Elvira show means she is not sucking up the extra money. Apparently the cost to have Elvira in the park was equivalent to the cost of two new houses. I will be happy with two new houses, but I definitely would not mind having three as long as Red Barn is the third house on the chopping block (apparently guest reaction has been tepid to that house since year one).
We all knew Voodoo and (Especially) Tooth Fairy were done after last year. I'm really hoping they have at least one more new house so that all of the new stuff won't just be on one side. They have to spread it out some, otherwise that area will get jammed.

With Elvira gone, I could see them using some of that money to replace Red Barn. If not a full-on replacement, I can see a "sequel" similar to Winter's Night. Maybe as a cost-effective solution, they could have a story where the Barn has been burned out of revenge for the victims' families but they rise from the grave or something. I would rather see a brand new concept though.

We all knew Voodoo and (Especially) Tooth Fairy were done after last year. I'm really hoping they have at least one more new house so that all of the new stuff won't just be on one side. They have to spread it out some, otherwise that area will get jammed.

With Elvira gone, I could see them using some of that money to replace Red Barn. If not a full-on replacement, I can see a "sequel" similar to Winter's Night. Maybe as a cost-effective solution, they could have a story where the Barn has been burned out of revenge for the victims' families but they rise from the grave or something. I would rather see a brand new concept though.

My ideal for Knott's is that they keep to nine houses and swap out three old ones for new ones every year. I feel they have grown better in their set design by having less houses as when they had more there were some obvious, "let's just skip that one" houses in the mix. I do believe Red Barn should be next on the chopping block and I also think next year should see the end of Paranormal Inc, Shadowlands, and Infected. I am currently giving Trick or Treat a pass as I know how much the cost is for the flashlights/sensors so I think they need to milk them more to get their money's worth.

I also want them to fix the ending for Infected this year as the final boss monster is positioned in such a way where it always seemed to back up the line because people would stop to keep shooting at him.

I would die for a resurrection or sequel to Terror of London. Never got to go through it myself, but the walkthrough videos are what made we want to visit Knott's for so many years.

Knotts is getting better for sure year after year. yes I agree would love too see them make another 1. A lot of classics that were good come too mind

If jon cooke did really step down as a maze designer. wonder who they got to fill the spot, and how it will effect quality for this year and beyond.

hopefully its not the guy who created dead of winter, and gunslinger lol

Do you think it's possible that, now with Jon Cooke gone, they may try to increase the number of mazes again? Get back to 13, since Cooke's elaborate haunts that demanded more allocation of the budget to them, were one of the main reasons why some believe they decreased the maze count? I mean I wouldn't be surprised if some of his returning mazes look and feel a bit different, not drastically, but still.

Good discussion there. I'm intrigued in this as well. Paranormal, dark ride, and pumpkin eater were good last year.

Well that's good that they're bringing more new attractions to that area of the park. Kinda hoping Red Barn, Infected, and Trick or Treat join Voodoo and Tooth Fairy in going away, but that seems like a long shot. Given how these past few years Knotts has only been doing 3 new mazes (1 of them usually being a returning maze with some revamping), I do wonder what the 3rd new maze will be replacing, if 2018 follows that pattern.

Here's everything I know just from walking around backstage.

-Tooth Fairy and Voodoo were gutted. Not coming back. Construction has begun inside both buildings.
-Paranormal is still there, the inside of the maze is still in tact, untouched. The ending was taken down. My guess is that they are building a new ending.
-Trick or Treat was also untouched.
-Not sure about Shadowlands, haven't been back there.
-Looks like Pumpkin Eater is still up.
-Dark Ride had to be gutted, but it is most likely coming back. They started construction inside of the Ballroom.
-The two new mazes are called Invasion and Beneath.

Last edited:
I work at Knott's and here's everything I know just from walking around backstage.

-Did some snooping on the computers at work and found this (picture attached)

I would take down that picture, since while we do like getting inside info...posting anything taken backstage which guests don't have access to is a massive no-no. That's how people get fired and how sites get in trouble.

the lake around Silver Bullet will have a new scarezone, "Forsaken Lake".

Ticket's and Season Passes for the event are now on sale, as the reveal event will commence on August 30th.

I heard Tooth Fairy is going to Great America’s Haunt. Wonder is Beneath is gonna be a claustrophobic type house or maybe the Underworld? Forsaken Lake looks great

Wasn't it only a few years ago there was an invasion theme for the mine ride?
One of my favorite mazes was ALIEN ATTACK in the early 00's, hope they do something like that again.
Or even SIGNS themed -- a mix of Cornstalkers and Alien Attack would be DOPE AF.