Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: The First Purge

Don't make excuses for Murdy... especially not after how half-a$$ed last year's event was. If it was up to Murdy it'd ONLY be mazes that would allow to him to brag about which celebrity he met, hung out with etc... Just like Aiello is not HHN God, neither is Murdy.

We get it. You have some vendetta for Murdy and last year was half-assed and blah blah blah. Based on the style of that trailer, it's obvious that this was a decision from the higher-ups and I'm sure even John wasn't too thrilled about it. Hell, even reading his interactions on Twitter with fans about IPs they wanted to see, like Scream, IT, and The Conjuring, you could tell he was frustrated about not being able to obtain the rights to those in-demand properties. Obviously not every maze is gonna be a gem; Hell, even execution of new, sought-after properties can be terrible (2013). But it's just naive and stupid to assume that once Murdy does leave, things are automatically gonna change for the better, and the event is gonna be a dream come true for the die-hards on this forum. Because even though he may leave, we'll still be stuck with the corporate-level guys who push these IPs on the event, as well as their other antics.

Also... here is the extended SDCC trailer for the new Purge TV Series... lets all look upon it and weep over how much usable content it the new 10-episode series has compared to the horrible new movie that this year's maze is based upon....

HHN Hollywood - "May God Be With You All"

Technically you may still be getting it... in HOB =D MUAHAHAHAHAHA careful what you wish for

Raise your hand if you'd be surprised by that happening after:

TWD 2012-2018
Maze
7 times
Terror Tram 3 times
Scarezone 3 times

The Purge 2013-2018
Maze
3 times
Terror Tram 1 time
Scarezone 4 times

Yea.. thats what I thought... oh wait, there is always that one skeptic... but still..

Okay... so having just watched the first episode of the new Purge tv series... all I can say is....
WHY!? WHY ARE WE NOT DOING THE TV SERIES INSTEAD OF THIS TRASH!!!????

Well, now that I have THAT out of my system. Does it bug anyone else that the facade is only 3 storefronts that barely cover the length of the tent? I wish they would've created a facade that actually stretched the length of the tent to make it more impressive. I mean, if we have to have this damn IP for the 6th time, then at least make more effort with the facade. Its sad that the Blumhouse Purge facade & Gauntlet of Fear facade were both better than this. It just looks so small & awkward.

*SIDENOTE: The Purge TV Series had a group of Purger Bunnies!

Last edited: