Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dollywood!

Let's hope that those 400 trees they're planting are mature because they completely clear cut the face of a mountain to build this land. I wish they could plant hemlocks, but there's been a lot of disease in that area associated with that tree and a certain bug.

After going there in June there isn't anything their doing that would get me back in that park. Everything, with the exception of Wild Eagle, was so rough it took all the fun out of the day.

As with most areas of Dollywood, Wildwood Grove takes advantage of the natural beauty of the surrounding Smoky Mountains. Nearly $1 million has been planned for landscaping the area, with more than 400 trees and 1,000 shrubs helping transform this space into a lush and relaxing spot hidden within the foothills of the Smokies.

This new area is @Teebin approved.

After going there in June there isn't anything their doing that would get me back in that park. Everything, with the exception of Wild Eagle, was so rough it took all the fun out of the day.
The wooden coaster is rough but decent. The euro fighter is rough in spots but really high quality. Nothing else really is.

Black Bear Trail in a nutshell:

Literally. :lol: Not sure who the demo is for this ride? It's for 1 parent to ride with 1 child?

play-ride-bbt.ashx

I'll check it out! I'm trying to plan a trip around Lightning Rod working smoothly. Looks like that won't be happening anytime soon? :lol:

Last edited:
I'll check it out! I'm trying to plan a trip around Lightning Rod working smoothly. Looks like that won't happening anytime soon? :lol:
Yes, Lightening Rod is presently inoperative. Mark (UK Trigg) loved the park though. He enjoyed it significantly more than Cedar Point.

Yes, Lightening Rod is presently inoperative. Mark (UK Trigg) loved the park though. He enjoyed it significantly more than Cedar Point.
He needs to get to Silver Dollar City then, how Dollywood won best shows over SDC is just because of popularity. SDC is the overall gem of the Herchend Parks. I love both bit SDC is just special at the right times. Will be there this weekend for the kick off of the Fall crafts and cowboy stuff.