Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 308 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't seem so tall when you realize everything will be buried up to like 4-5 feet around the site... Probably around that mid-cross beam along the wood there. That wall only comes up a couple feet off the ground then, and is pretty much even with the track (at least towards the far end to the middle).

EDIT: Buried around the site -or- filled in with water, as is the case to the left of this area.

Do you think the foundations will be filled around the outside with dirt or water up to the top of the concrete?

Could it be possible that any of the escape paths would be underground for a far better themed experience on ground level?

Do you think the foundations will be filled around the outside with dirt or water up to the top of the concrete?

Could it be possible that any of the escape paths would be underground for a far better themed experience on ground level?
I think we got (some) water on one side and dirt on the other, if I am remembering the grade permits correctly. Like Dragons, not sure the water will always be very high, just whatever is in the retention pond. No rain for awhile, not much water, etc.

I'll be happy if evac routes are at least well themed: concrete made to look like dirt roads, wooden bridge paths, or hidden below view of track.

i wonder if universal will have john Williams do an original score.

While that would be great, it's extremely unlikely. Other than one piece of music for E.T. Adventure, I don't believe Williams has ever composed something specifically for theme park usage.

He (and others) have adapted existing material, of course.

Reactions: Ryno27
I think we got (some) water on one side and dirt on the other, if I am remembering the grade permits correctly. Like Dragons, not sure the water will always be very high, just whatever is in the retention pond. No rain for awhile, not much water, etc.

I'll be happy if evac routes are at least well themed: concrete made to look like dirt roads, wooden bridge paths, or hidden below view of track.

People will be praying for a ride breakdown.

I find it odd that the footers have concrete so high so I'm assuming that they will be topped up with dirt or water. I think what we're seeing now will look completely different in 6 months. Overall, this is going to look very pretty, particularly from aerials. If they do add tons of dirt to raise the ground, I can see lots of tunnels added which will also add to the experience.

The wooden structure, or what ever is going to be pored in there, goes up in the back like the track...

I'm curious to know where this guy's legs are.

The+Next+Reel+-+Trading+Places+11.jpg

I personally think that the water in the coming pond will be maintained at an exact fill much like the three major lagoons on property. They are going too far overboard with the theming here and to have part of the show act of its own accord would be really bad show. I’m gonna keep my yard stick handy. ;)

What is the difference in LSM (Linear Synchronous Motor) and LIM (Linear Induction Motor). Will this ride use one or the other, or even both?
Come on Teebin, I know you know!!

I don’t know and I have been wondering the same thing. (the difference between the two)

Okay DisneyHead, you're up!!

""In a linear induction motor (LIM), the motor coils induce an electric current and hence a magnetic field in a reaction plate. The reaction plate is a conductive but non magnetic metal such as copper or aluminum. The nice thing about this system is that it is asynchronous...that is, as the 3-phase AC pulses through the motor coils, the moving current pulls the reaction plate along, and the timing is non-critical.

"The linear synchronous motor is a more efficient system which uses electromagnets to interact with permanent magnets mounted on the vehicle. The advantage is that it is more efficient, and allows for less current to produce more force. The disadvantage is that the timing is more critical because instead of inducing the magnetic field in the reaction plate, the electromagnets are interacting with a fixed magnetic field on the vehicle. Hence, the actions of the LSM have to be synchronous."-Dave Althoff

I'll just add that Intamin calls them Synchronous Linear Motors, not the other way around, and I think I prefer it that way. ;)"

All of that came from

LIM vs LSM | Roller Coasters, Theme Parks & Attractions Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.