Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Monster Masquerade

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds pretty cool, and should mesh with the maze nicely!
I'm especially excited to see the Hunchback!

Like what DTH said this should mesh quite nicely. My 2nd most anticipated Scare Zone and also FRENCH STREET IS BACK.

This and the CM are my two most anticipated things to come out of Horrah for this year. Can't wait to see how the two complement eachother, especially with great locations.

this is exciting! reminds me a bit of house of horrors... Sounds like it’s going to be the best scare zone in my eyes. TRT sounds cool too but I feel like they can do more with this scarezone.

Do you think the emphasis on Phantom of the Opera and Hunchback being in this scare zone was because they're not gonna be in the UCM maze? Kinda like how the Trick 'r Treat scare zone will cover stuff not in the maze, maybe MM will do the same for UCM?

Do you think the emphasis on Phantom of the Opera and Hunchback being in this scare zone was because they're not gonna be in the UCM maze? Kinda like how the Trick 'r Treat scare zone will cover stuff not in the maze, maybe MM will do the same for UCM?

I could see that.. A bit bummed Phantom probably won't have a room in UCM but having an entire dedicated scarezone to him and Hunchback is a great way to make up for that :)

Didn't even think of that, those would be some great scareactors charging at you with pitchforks asking if you've seen the Hunchback! Or warning you not to go in the castle (the maze) before you get there.
ooo imagine if they actually spoke to guests! or said the lines that you mentioned! that would be a treat...doubt they’d speak though. Gives me too many Dark Harbor vibes

It's moments like this where I think even UCM could've been excellent for the Twitter password maze!
I agree! I would’ve thought that that would’ve been the maze for the twitter password because of how exciting the maze is and all that. Plus, monsters have been around for forever so‍♀️. guess not though

I agree! I would’ve thought that that would’ve been the maze for the twitter password because of how exciting the maze is and all that. Plus, monsters have been around for forever so‍♀️. guess not though
oh yikes what happened to the end of that reply HAHA

With the gauntlet included and all of French street, the Universal Monsters essentially dominate the entire left side of the upper lot. I really hope they fully immerse us into this experience. It'd be cool to even get some of the dining places to have an overlay, new costumes for employees in character, and renamed foods.
YE WANT THE IGOR SAURKRAUT OR THE FRITZ DOG?
Won't happen, BUT IMAGINE.

With the gauntlet included and all of French street, the Universal Monsters essentially dominate the entire left side of the upper lot. I really hope they fully immerse us into this experience. It'd be cool to even get some of the dining places to have an overlay, new costumes for employees in character, and renamed foods.
YE WANT THE IGOR SAURKRAUT OR THE FRITZ DOG?
Won't happen, BUT IMAGINE.

I'm very game for a Universal Monster-dominated upper lot.

Didn't know about the Gauntlet entryway... that's a huge plus. I think the "village" that precedes almost every gothic locale is a good bet.

I also would imagine Phantom & Hunchback will be kept to the zone. Frankenstein's Monster, Dracula, The Wolfman, The Mummy, and Creature from the Black Lagoon all provide more than enough material for a ten scene maze.