Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Toxxic Tunnel

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Tickets on sale for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood; Terror Tram and more announced | Inside Universal

There’s been a terrible industrial accident deep inside an underground utility tunnel. The noxious vapors that were released have transformed the emergency workers into radioactive monsters, filled with an uncontrollable rage and hell-bent on our destruction!

logo-toxxictunnel-794x438.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, they added an extra X. THEY ADDED AN EXTRA X EVERYBODY.
I guess they figured this is the most disposable zone and who gives a crap about even trying with it anymore.
Although I agree, I think there's a lot of possible imagination that could be given into a dark, cramped area.
Maybe you can't literally make it dark, or add fog, or chainsaws, but there's so much they could do, it's just disappointing they resort to this.
Unless there's extra props on the side, I'd have no desire to see this, but it's almost mandatory. Although, there was one year (last year, maybe?) this zone wasn't going at all early in the night and I didn't see it, so maybe that'll be the case again for me. Hopefully. Eh, who cares.

I wouldn't mind this zone if it were darker, filled with fog, and had creepier music rather than the strobes and headache-inducing EDM it had last year.

Reactions: DTH
I just feel bad for the actors who get placed here. Some of them embrace the "underdog" of it all, but I know others get frustrated; some outright refuse the position if they see it's their assignment.

I'm definitely for nixing the EDM, even though it keeps energies high. It'd be nice if we could at least get a few barrels on either end of the tunnel.

In any a case... not a big deal when they're adding four new zones, but it's a bit disingenuous to call this "all-new."

Wub wub Tunnel is wub wub Tunnel. Not much can be done with it. Good thing about this one, I’m assuming they’ll be reusing last year’s masks. Which means budget saved. Which means more budget for the mazes and other scarezones (I think?)

It's actually quite odd that they're bringing Toxic Tunnel back. Immortal who made all the masks for the tunnel is no longer a client for the event due to constant mask problems during the event, should be interesting to see all the new custom masks for this zone.

- Unless, they bring back the masks because they seemed to have not switched them out unlike other zones last year

It's actually quite odd that they're bringing Toxic Tunnel back. Immortal who made all the masks for the tunnel is no longer a client for the event due to constant mask problems during the event, should be interesting to see all the new custom masks for this zone.

- Unless, they bring back the masks because they seemed to have not switched them out unlike other zones last year
I agree with that. It seems like they don’t really repeat scarezones, unless it’s the Purge LOL. I’d assume they would recycle their mask, but maybe they’d create new ones as well. unpopular opinion but it seemed like there weren’t THAT many actors in the tunnel last year. On the final night, I don’t remember getting approached once. Hopefully they’ll add more actors in the tunnel? but maybe not because of the crowds and the strobe lights?

So basically spec for the Tunnel this year went from - AHS Cult to KKFOS to TrT to Hells Harvest to a repeat from 2017. It’s kind of funny though how much speculating we did for nothing
I was gonna say... AHS won’t be apart of hhn this year :( I’m guessing because of the merger??

It seems like they don’t really repeat scarezones, unless it’s the Purge LOL.
You must be new to HHN, bless your heart lol

Some of these had different names but they were technically the same thing with same props, characters, etc..
The Black Death: 06-08
Haunted London: 06-08
Zombie Invasion: 07-08
Deadwood: 07-08
Saw/Pigz: 07-10
Freakz: 09-11
Klownz: 10-12
Dark Christmas: 14-15

Then ofcourse, as you stated,
The Purge: 13-16

I guess I'm now realizing '17 was the first time without a repeat zone. But then they repeated a zone from that year bahaha go figure.

You must be new to HHN, bless your heart lol

Some of these had different names but they were technically the same thing with same props, characters, etc..
The Black Death: 06-08
Haunted London: 06-08
Zombie Invasion: 07-08
Deadwood: 07-08
Saw/Pigz: 07-10
Freakz: 09-11
Klownz: 10-12
Dark Christmas: 14-15

Then ofcourse, as you stated,
The Purge: 13-16

I guess I'm now realizing '17 was the first time without a repeat zone. But then they repeated a zone from that year bahaha go figure.
yeah I’m new haha. well it seems like the Purge has been a part of horror nights the longest. I’m guessing it’ll be gone in ‘19, unless they continue it because of the TV show...

Scarezones repeating, lack of originality, and the same generic ideas popping up over and over again has always been an issue at HHN, unfortunately. Also the lack of zones in general, which is my biggest pet peeve. It could be the most generic zone in the world, but the park needs more zones, period. The lower lot used to be filled with activity, it's sad to see it's state now.
And yeah, because of the show, I'm sure the Purge has one or two more years at HHN. Hopefully just one.

Scarezones repeating, lack of originality, and the same generic ideas popping up over and over again has always been an issue at HHN, unfortunately. Also the lack of zones in general, which is my biggest pet peeve. It could be the most generic zone in the world, but the park needs more zones, period. The lower lot used to be filled with activity, it's sad to see it's state now.
at least they added 2 zones this year! last year we only had three :( having 5 is a start :)