Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Toxxic Tunnel

I think my issue with that is it's the usual places where zones were before, and not where we need them.
I think it's obvious the entrance and French street should have a zone. Entrance and NY used to always be separate zones, but recently they just meshed them.
But the place where it's needed most is what I call the LONG STRETCH.
If you walk into HHN and make your way to or fro from the backlot, you won't see a single monster from the tunnel all the way to NY street. There needs to be something either in front of HP/Animal Actors/Castle Theatre, the Simpsons area, the starway (impossible, but I think they could at least have designs and props) or the lower lot again. Even when the lower lot was apart of it, I felt there was still a long stretch from NY to the Starway, but now it's doubled, sadly, but getting that zone back would be a great start.

I think my issue with that is it's the usual places where zones were before, and not where we need them.
I think it's obvious the entrance and French street should have a zone. Entrance and NY used to always be separate zones, but recently they just meshed them.
But the place where it's needed most is what I call the LONG STRETCH.
If you walk into HHN and make your way to or fro from the backlot, you won't see a single monster from the tunnel all the way to NY street. There needs to be something either in front of HP/Animal Actors/Castle Theatre, the Simpsons area, the starway (impossible, but I think they could at least have designs and props) or the lower lot again. Even when the lower lot was apart of it, I felt there was still a long stretch from NY to the Starway, but now it's doubled, sadly, but getting that zone back would be a great start.
ooo gotta agree with the long stretch...how come they got rid of the scare zones in the lower lot? Maybe it would be too caotic to have a scare zone near animal actors/Springfield? My only guess would be because that area also hosts the entrance to the show, this year being the Jabbawockeez...again LOL. too many people running around and people trying to get in line for the show seems a little hectic to me...I don’t know just my opinion
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ooo gotta agree with the long stretch...how come they got rid of the scare zones in the lower lot? Maybe it would be too caotic to have a scare zone near animal actors/Springfield? My only guess would be because that area also hosts the entrance to the show, this year being the Jabbawockeez...again LOL. too many people running around and people trying to get in line for the show seems a little hectic to me...I don’t know just my opinion
:shrug:
The lower lot zones, atleast all the ones I’ve seen, have been like 2-4 stilt walkers and that’s it. When they stopped in 2015 I didn’t notice much of a difference, but it still feels like that area could be themed up a little bit. I think with how crowded that area of the park gets, it pretty much being the central hub of the event, and with how small that area is already it’d make it difficult to put a scarezone down there again.
Springfield also gets insanely crowded on sold out nights of the event, and most normal nights, especially once jabbawockeez releases that area gets even more packed. I’ve seen a dance troupe there act as scaractors once back in 2015, but it was during the after party nights where attendance was incredibly low. If that area wasn’t so small I think they’d put a zone in there, but I kind of don’t want them to cause i love the treehouse of horrors theme music

Lower lot used to have chainsaw crews, it was a lot of fun from 07-11. Then they ruined it in '12 with Silent Hill and the next year they had Scarecrowz which is when they did stiltz and it was probably the worst zone we've EVER had.
I think limiting it to at least scary music, fog, projections, webbing on the buildings, pumpkins (especially for TrT this year) is really all they need to do. Scareactors aren't a must, but ENVIRONMENT is. This is what Knotts does SO right and I think they are the true Scarezone kings. I wish HHN put more HALLOWEEN into their event for an event called HALLOWEEN Horror Nights. The Horror is in the mazes at least, but the park is so BLAND.

The lower lot zones, atleast all the ones I’ve seen, have been like 2-4 stilt walkers and that’s it. When they stopped in 2015 I didn’t notice much of a difference, but it still feels like that area could be themed up a little bit. I think with how crowded that area of the park gets, it pretty much being the central hub of the event, and with how small that area is already it’d make it difficult to put a scarezone down there again.
Springfield also gets insanely crowded on sold out nights of the event, and most normal nights, especially once jabbawockeez releases that area gets even more packed. I’ve seen a dance troupe there act as scaractors once back in 2015, but it was during the after party nights where attendance was incredibly low. If that area wasn’t so small I think they’d put a zone in there, but I kind of don’t want them to cause i love the treehouse of horrors theme music
I agree with your point of theming up the lower lot. The more I think about it, the more I realize that there’s absolutely no “decorations” there during the day, and for the event itself, they just turn on the fog machine and turn on the colored lights and all that. That’s where universal messes up because families that attend the park during the day don’t feel any sort of halloween spirit, except for all the gory decorations on the upper lot hat are visible to the public eye.

I agree with your point of theming up the lower lot. The more I think about it, the more I realize that there’s absolutely no “decorations” there during the day, and for the event itself, they just turn on the fog machine and turn on the colored lights and all that. That’s where universal messes up because families that attend the park during the day don’t feel any sort of halloween spirit, except for all the gory decorations on the upper lot hat are visible to the public eye.
that**

In all seriousness, blacklighting is a great idea that suits the theme and breaks up the monotony.

Wasn't there always blacklight among the flashing LEDs? I remember the green toxic glowing. Maybe that's just my imagination.

Yea I was going to say the same thing... I could've sworn they had a blacklight LED as well. It didn't seem to be the blue light. The LED colors i remember were Red, Blue, Green, White. So it was probably a mixture of the red/blue giving the purple blacklight glow in this pic I have of the sign

VcXMW0w.jpg