Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Terror Tram: Hollywood Harry's Dreadtime Stories

In all honesty, I don’t know how much they can do with this! sure, clowns are absolutely terrifying! but I’m curious to see how they’ll pull off telling 5 -was it five?- different stories within the walk through...or backlot?? I don’t know. Anywho, hopefully the stories will also be clear, to us and to those who aren’t mega horror nights fans (those who go for the fun but don’t pay attention year round).

It probably won't be five different "stories" being told but more like different sections like they've always done for previous years.

Hardly excited for this at all. Sounds like the same as it's always been. I would like to hope that they will take advantage of the scarecrow section and build a mini corn maze like CornStalkers from Knott's.

Hardly excited for this at all. Sounds like the same as it's always been. I would like to hope that they will take advantage of the scarecrow section and build a mini corn maze like CornStalkers from Knott's.

It's the Tram though, there really isn't much do because they have to open for normal activities too.

I remember the year we had Scream on the Terror Tram. They had the white cloth/curtain and fence mini maze to walk through in front of the Bates Motel. Wasn't themed really but it helped break the openness up and having the two identical routes helped keep the flow. I'd be happy if they did something similar, maybe attach corn stalks onto the fences which already had a green mesh

This is my guess... until we see more construction progress from the Studio Tour
  • chainsaw wielding monsters (Tram Drop Off)
  • bloodthirsty cannibals (Bates Motel or War of the Worlds)
  • rotten corpse scarecrows (Bates Motel or Psycho Hill)
  • homicidal clowns (Whoville or War of the Worlds)
  • merciless torture factory (War of the Worlds)
If you're wondering about the "Bates Motel" guess for scarecrowz... its because I could see a "corn field" theme set up in that entire "parking area" of the Bates Motel where the sign & 2 dead trees are located.

Cannibals are just so basic & boring. Homicidal clowns are uninspiring because they'll probably be very forgettable (kinda like everything tied to Hollywood Harry & his 2016 snorefest of a Terror Tram). Torture Factory translates as "we have props from Hostel & SAW! Lets use them for the Terror Tram!!!".

Honestly I love the backstory and I really wish they honed in on that 50's aesthetic rather than just having random monsters. Like the cannibals being 50's housewives or the WOTW set being taken over by B-Movie monster. Idk that might be the plan

Honestly I love the backstory and I really wish they honed in on that 50's aesthetic rather than just having random monsters. Like the cannibals being 50's housewives or the WOTW set being taken over by B-Movie monster. Idk that might be the plan

True plus it could be the HW version of Slaughter Sinema but on the tram. I could already see the posters too lol

“The Real Cannibals of Beverly Hills”
“Chainsaw Monsters from Hell”

I would put Scarecrow: The Reaping and Giggles ‘n Gore since those are pretty B-movie names but the actual houses from Orlando seemed solid(especially S:TR)

Outside of the Bates Motel, the one huge advantage that WB has for their haunt event over HHN... they get to use the locations on their backlot where horror movies were filmed. Imagine actually getting to use Little Europe where the classic monsters once played many years ago.

I just feel like the amount of effort for the actual tram just never gets made. Does anyone know if there are any restrictions with what they can/can't do when it comes to those existing sets? Because even the Whoville set is just severely underused.